Google plans to include ads on VR

>Google plans to include ads on VR
How long till an ad triggers someone's epilepsy and it becomes a international fiasco?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=IvqBJYmpQrY
discord.gg/9Pxjxg
youtube.com/watch?v=FCkD5aM3AwQ
pastebin.com/MpCbdHPV
pastebin.com/drXyM9pK
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>killing one person
>international fiasco
not in capitalism, goy

I just want VR to be around cartoon girls, is that really too much to ask for?

>TFW you have been using vr since 2013 and have been ad-free with passionate content but then normies come after shitting on VR the whole preceding time and start to consume advertisements like normie doofuses causing vr to become a bloated entertainment wasteland with 2,000 vr titles on steam and only 3% of them being anything but a glorified tech demo

>Jews plans to include ads on VR

VR exists so you working class plebeians can better serve your masters.
youtube.com/watch?v=IvqBJYmpQrY

VR will never become real anyways.

Shit has been promised since the 1990's:
>just another couple of years! we will actually build VR this decade!

More like how long till VR is actually something worthwhile instead of a tech meme

A lot of progress has been made since the virtual boy

This literally looks like advertising in second life

you said that like google doesn't know what problems you have/what triggers you.

Fuck VR and fuck that little wombat Keenan

>can't close ad immediately
Looks like Jewgle alright.

You'll get ads catered to your tastes of course.

>Cube like in OP GIF:
>J-List - your friend in Japan!

when will google add ads on the CLI

..Have you been living under a rock? Room-scale VR has existed since 2015, available to consumers since april 2016, over a full year now.

There are in-fact two room-scale vr systems available, starting at $599 (Rift+Touch) and $799 (Vive) pricepoints, with a third seated/standing VR system available for console (PS4VR ) at $399 pricepoint.

These systems have over 1.7 million combined users, Vive in particular garnering a total of 170,000 new users in Q1 '17 alone!

tl;dr "real" VR has been here bro

VR fag here. Just an addition. In the US you can now effecitvely buy a Rift (with Touch) for 450 new with a Best Buy deal. The prices in general are actually cheaper when you factor in that there are often sales that are easy to catch if you pay a little attention.

By the way, does anyone want to help make a VR general? We have the numbers of anons necessary to keep it alive.I am already halfway done making guides and stuff for the OP. If you'd like to help, join our Discord.

>discord.gg/9Pxjxg

Ubuntu got you fuckign covered senpai.

Will VR ever be more than just a stereo screen and some motion sensors strapped to your face? At this point it seems like even more of a meme than 3d cinema.

Root + AdAway
problem solved

My nigga, what system do you use? Games/apps?

This is one of the common responses to which I have made a copy pastable response for, for one of the guides I'm making for the general.

Here it is:

>It's much more complicated. In VR HMDs (head mounted displays) used with PCs, like the Oculus Rift, there are actually two screens, one for each eye (this allows something called IPD adjustment which improves visuals for certain users). Then you have lenses that magnify and focus the light from the screens, in a way that makes it look physically the right size, shape, and distance so that the eyes see it as real. The screens are also modified with low persistence (eliminates motion blurring), have 90 Hz or more refresh rate (also eliminates motion blurring and flicker), and use global refresh (all pixels flash at the same time rather than roll down like a shutter). There are other ways to achieve the visuals without screens and lenses, like using laser projection with mirrors, but they are too expensive or not good enough for consumer VR use yet. Then you have optimized sensor systems to track the motion of the user's head in order to display the correct viewpoint and angle as the user moves and turns around. The processing hardware and software also plays a big part in making the low latency and high resolution frames possible. With all of that, design considerations to optimize for size, weight, durability, ergonomics, and cost need to be factored in. E.g. if you wanted lenses with almost perfect clarity for VR systems, they would cost hundreds to thousands, be the size of a small telescope, and weigh a few pounds, per eye. VR HMDs are nowhere near just a screen on your face, as many requirements in hardware and software need to be met in order to display visuals to the eyes that are accurate enough to trick the brain. Previous VR headsets in the 90's were orders of magnitude less advanced in terms of specs and also optimization to meet modern demands.

I may change it a bit.

I mean..VR was always going to be a wearable. What did you expect, nanites that hijack your senses? lol, this isn't the PS9 ad.

Generation 2 will be lighter, much (nearly 4x) higher resolution and most importantly-- the headsets will be wireless. Advancements in controller design will incorporate natural grabbing of objects; not abstraction to mere button presses. See the new "knuckles" controllers from Valve for an idea of what the future VR input looks like. You want to grab something? Just reach and grab it. The controller is on your hand so you can literally let go of an "object" but the controller isn't dropped. VR is going to get a lot cooler, but yeah you'll still have to wear shit on your body to fake a new reality. Duh.

youtube.com/watch?v=FCkD5aM3AwQ

I have both. Games/apps wise, I've tried many but not everything, but I am making a list that is compiled through community approved lists found throughout the web. That will be for the general.

Nothing is sacred

Well duh. This time it's obvious this would happen. What's interesting is that Google's jumping on this even sooner than Facebook.

can you play CS with a rifle joystick already on this shit?

Probably yes, but it'd be a shitty janky hacky thing you'd have to do to make it work and it's not really VR anymore. Instead we already have some CS clones that do work well natively in VR, with rifle/stock accessories, but with the only caveat being that they're early access indie titles. Still, they're fun games, really just as fun as you'd imagine CS in VR.

i think i might bite due to that deal, even though i would prefer the vive.
convince to pull the trigger user, pls. having trouble doing it myself. have a vr capable machine, no worry in that.

I don't know what I can say to convince you or even if I should. Ultimately it's up to yourself to judge whether or not you should buy into VR in general at this moment in time. However I can provide information. Here is an intro to VR that I'm in the process of writing, but that is mostly complete:

>pastebin.com/MpCbdHPV

Here is a comparison guide between the headsets which I'm also in the process of writing:

>pastebin.com/drXyM9pK

This is for the Sup Forums general, so the info you see should be pretty well aligned with the crowd's values and interpretations.

very informative, thanks for the links.