There's a parallel world where everyone uses Lisp and Emacs

There's a parallel world where everyone uses Lisp and Emacs.

I wish I was in that world.

Who doesn't? They must be so far ahead of us in technology.

It doesn't. No matter how many times you recreate the universe none of them will ever end up using Lisp and Emacs because something better will always replace it.

something like javascript and atom?

are traps still gay there

They don't have fundamental software because they can't agree on the import function.

>parallel world
Does not exist

If you want Lisp, you have to make people use it here, because Parallel worlds are Harry Potter fanfiction fucking shit created by Jews.

>tfw you live in the real world where people use C and Vim

Feels great man

Holy C soon.

wrong board

This.

Agree, it clearly belongs on /x/.

There are an infinite amount of parallel worlds, but in all of them you are a faggot

There's an even better world where everyone uses lisp and vim and vim uses lisp instead of vimscript

>There's a parallel world where everyone uses Lisp and Emacs.

Source?

>C# and VS. Net/Unity.
I love not living in the 80s.

My waifu is there somewhere, but I'll never find her

>Microshit

Doesn't need to be C#. Any hard typed object oriented language will do, but I want an IDE, not a fucking text editor. Save me some of the tedious shit, handle basic gui building without requiring me to type out the whole user interface.

If you mean because I don't use Linux?

I've tried it. Didn't like having to dual boot with windows and restart whenever I needed windows software when I couldn't find an adequate Linux alternative, Linux was crap for games when I wanted to do something fun, and there were just too many driver issues on Linux, because all the first party drivers are built for windows, and the open source ones are often unfinished crap. Let alone how shit x11 is.

Ill try using Linux again in a few years to see if it actually works. Until then, I'll stick to platforms that do.

>There's a parallel world where everyone uses Idris and Sublime Text 3 (which is open source there)

In some ways it would be worse than this world with its 1000 javascript frameworks. Lisp failed because everyone builds their own framework from the ground up (any they often make wildly different assumptions); if you want to build something without starting from scratch you'd have to jump onto someone else's framework.

It's not hard to find similar criticisms from people experienced in lisp.

Yes

yuck, I need lisp to be obscure for me to feel good about it

Have a list dad wanted me to program lisp as a kid. I don't like emacs from negative childhood experiences.

Guess I'm destined to vi

>I don't know what IOMMU is

If X is so shit just run Wayland