/ntr/ - Netrunner official Sup Forums browser

We are making a web browser!
PREVIOUSLY In the face of recent changes in Firefox and Chrome some anons were asking for a Sup Forums's perfect web browser, we collected the most wanted here and plan on continuing with the creation.

To contribute follow the WORK PLAN and get to programming!

>Gitgud repo
gitgud.io/odilitime/netrunner/
>Teknik repos
git.teknik.io/gyroninja/netrunner
git.teknik.io/eti/netrunner
>Github mirror
github.com/5yph3r/Netrunner
>IRC
Channel on Rizon: #Sup Forumsnetrunner
Web cient: qchat.rizon.net/?channels=Sup Forumsnetrunner
IRC guide: pastebin.com/YDbEWRHV

>TODO:
- Host project at savannah.nongnu.org
- Set bug tracker and mailing list in Savannah.

>WORK PLAN
1. Browse links2 source code (you can use Ctags for tagging functions and files).
2. Expose API and give access to everything (scripting through executables is planned).
3. Give total control over the DOM, put options in files inside a hierarchical folder structure referencing sites and subsites.
4. Implement a link grabber for every link and media type to be parsed by scripts and independent applications.
5. Create an uncomplicated switch to general security profiles located in saved files.
6. Implement ncurses simple tree style graphics for bookmarks, tabs, advanced security policies by site, etc.
7. Work in the framebuffer graphics rendering.
8. Open API to javascript support (version 2.1pre28 of links2 had javascript enabled).
9. Cache, logs, cookies, and other data storage options.
10. Ports routing proxy management.
11. Vim/Emacs modes, dwb hints and quickmarks.

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/5yph3r/Netrunner
youtube.com/watch?v=KzwfTXf-dAE
pastebin.com/xLMZ3Czc
github.com/lexborisov/myhtml
a.4cdn.org/g/thread/61144928.json
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

FEATURES

- Granular control over incoming traffic like Policeman (more detailed than uMatrix).
- Granular control over outgoing traffic like Tamper Data or like Privacy Settings (the addon).
- HTTPS with the HTTP fallback optionally in a new instance of the browser with functions like HTTP POST disabled.
- URI leak prevention like "No Resource URI Leak" and no plugin enumeration.
- Local CDN like Decentraleyes and Load from Cache.
- Cookie management like Cookie Monster.
- Option to turn off disk usage for all data (cache, tmp data, cookies, logs, etc.), and make cache read only.
- Randomizer for user-agent and canvas fingerprint.
- Custom stylesheets like Stylish.
- Userscript support like Greasemonkey.
- Proxy management like FoxyProxy.
- Simple ports routing to use networks like Tor or I2P.
- Simple switch to universal profiles to be used like blocklists from uBlock, or like Privacy Settings.
- A configuration file like Lynx for universal profiles.
- URL deobfuscation like "Google search link fix" and "Pure URL".
- Search customization like surfraw, dwb or InstantFox Quick Search.
- Reverse image search like Google Reverse Image Search.
- Use external applications to open links, to use a video player with youtube-dl and MPV, for text input with a text editor, for protocols like ftp and gopher, or as a file picker.
- Use wget web crawling feature like a DownThemAll.
- Send commands to a monitor (and command history) to keep browsing while the commands are working.
- Simple emacs-like keybindings for the menubar by default for new users.
- Keyboard driven with dwb features like vi-like keybindings, hints, quickmarks, and custom commands.
- Configuration options from an integrated command-line.
- Non-bloated smooth UI like dwb.
- Import bookmarks from browsers like Firefox.
- Written in C.
- Low on dependencies.
- GPL v3+.
- Framebuffer support like NetSurf for working in the terminal (TTY).
- Actual javascript support so we can lurk and post in Sup Forums.

FAQ

>Will it have an adblocker.
Yes.
>Will it have tree style tabs?
Yes, but not up in the priorities.
>Will it be crossplatform?
Already is.
>Will it it have vim keys?
Yes.
>Will it have "graphics"?
Yes. We are planning to run the program in terminal using the frame buffer for graphics, but Links2 also comes with directfb, X server, SVGA and other graphics drivers.
>Why teknik.io?
We plan on moving to savannah.nongnu.org. There is a github mirror too.
>Why links2?
Enough features and the API seems more friendly.
>Why not netsurf?
Good rendering but not for DOM updates, plus dependencies gave problems.
>Will you use a separate javascript engine?
We're debating this.
>Will you use a separate layout engine?
We're debating this.
>Will you use netsurf layout engine?
Might be a problem because of the DOM (not enough information).
>Will you use webkit/blink/servo?
No.
>What logo are you going to use?
We liked all so far.

ignore all that, that's so far down the road. We're focused on making a custom codebase that can browse Sup Forums now and then we're going to go back with what we learned and rearchitect it.

If you're interested on working on a summer project that looks good on the resume, this is a damn good one.

>5 backdoors in 3 different commits already

lmao this thing is going to be great

This is so fun. I really applaud the effort here. I personally think the code should be a clean and simple instead of feature packed though. Just a plugin api that works with JSON over stdin/stdout should be good.

>white power mascot

dropped

i hope you die you fucking drumpf-hugging fascists

>61145323
Improve yourself if you want (you)s

>github.com/5yph3r/Netrunner
>stiill on init commit

But we love the features, even if it is a wishlist for the moment is fucking amazing just to think a browser like this.

Will it supporto extensions?

it's a fucking mcdonalds mascot, user. calm down.

>Replying to obvious bait

Netrunner sounds too much like LoadRunner. It should've been called Sup Forumsoat instead. Oh well.

Shitposted from my iPhone

fuck off you fucking bigot it was appropriated by racists like you just like pepe

racists ruin everything theres nothing wrong with being black

Yeah, not replying is hard.

You be surprised how neo-Sup Forums has no ability to not reply to bait.

holy shit kill yourself faggot no one is talking about race

>Replying to obvious bait
He won't leave till you stop giving him the (you)s he craves

>focused on making a custom codebase that can browse Sup Forums
>looks good on the resume
Resume for what? For 4chinks mod application?

so you hate transwomen? your probably a cis white male you fucking asshole

>last two posts
kek

quit shitting up the thread

>/ntr/ - Netorare official Sup Forums browser

Build failing:
g++ -O3 -L/usr/local/lib -lglfw3 -framework OpenGL -framework Cocoa -framework IOKit -framework CoreVideo -lGLEW -lfreetype -lharfbuzz -o netrunner gen/html/elements/AElement.o gen/html/elements/PElement.o gen/html/elements/LIElement.o gen/html/elements/BLOCKQUOTEElement.o gen/html/elements/H1Element.o gen/html/elements/H2Element.o gen/html/elements/H3Element.o gen/html/elements/SPANElement.o gen/html/TagNode.o gen/html/TextNode.o gen/html/HTMLParser.o gen/html/Node.o gen/graphics/opengl/Window.o gen/graphics/opengl/components/BoxComponent.o gen/graphics/opengl/components/Component.o gen/graphics/opengl/components/TextComponent.o gen/graphics/text/TextRasterizer.o gen/networking/HTTPResponse.o gen/networking/HTTPRequest.o gen/main.o
g++: error: OpenGL: No such file or directory
g++: error: Cocoa: No such file or directory
g++: error: IOKit: No such file or directory
g++: error: CoreVideo: No such file or directory
g++: error: unrecognized command line option ‘-framework’
Makefile:20: recipe for target 'netrunner' failed
make: *** [netrunner] Error 1

Try replacing the LIBS line with this:
LIBS = -lglfw -lGL -lGLEW -lfreetype -lharfbuzz

NetReign
>nightreign.net, a rock group from Dayton, Ohio.
dammit

>when the news can't into memespeak
youtube.com/watch?v=KzwfTXf-dAE

el no linko
pastebin.com/xLMZ3Czc

We can have it to 8 backdoors over the long weekend

>.exe
dropped

*you're

>Browser for Sup Forums
>Looks good on a resume

Jesus christ.

>using regexes to parse html

Yeah sure I'm gonna trust these guys with all my internet security, what could go wrong?

What's your solution, m8? Infinitely nested if/else statements?

that's like the most basic error you can make, the epitome of pajeet tier code

see this is what you can expect from Sup Forums

This is bait in so many levels.

What is? Parsing html with regexes? Yeah I agree

What the fuck? Parsing HTML with regex?
Use something like
github.com/lexborisov/myhtml

Just a guess, would this be better?

>get result as string of HTML
>split it by
>end up with an array of strings, each being a different element
>use a rule set by which you decide how to render
>render

Convert the HTML to JSON, send it to a trusted central server to parse on your behalf, then wait for them to send you back a fully parsed binary representing the webpage.

Don't listen to (((him))), stick with it.

I'm just a passer by.

Holy shit are all Sup Forums users this retarded?

The DOM is a tree for a reason. The pajeets writing this "browser" are going to end up with a clusterfuck of unmaintainable code and that's just the html renderer. This piece of shit is a non-starter, and I will be here to laugh at all of you when it inevitably crashes and burns, or just fades into irrelevancy.

>get result as string of HTML
The first mistake with this is that you start parsing once the document is completely loaded.
kek

ITT: mozilla cucks attempt to kill support for a new project because any more competition in the browser industry and they'll become completely irrelevant

You said nothing.

>>/ntr/ - Netorare official Sup Forums browser
It makes sense.
You must be a complete cuck if you think that's gonna work.

Add some chrome shills in the mix.

They couldn't compete with eww-mode with years of development. Firefox is so out of their league this might as well not exist at all.

hello yes? the netorare general yes?? respond to message please thanks advance !!

The outside world doesn't seem to know of this project yet, let's keep it this way, it'd really turn me off to see /r/the_donald memeing the browser and shit.

looks like linker errors. Did you install:
glfw
opengl
glew
freetype2
HarfBuzz
?

If so, what directories are they in?

So, are you guys planning on writing your own JavaScript engine? How's that working out for you?

What do you think of starting from both the:
core / bottom end / base / lowest level code / lowest abstraction layer;
outer layer / top end / apex / highest level code / highest abstraction layer;
and progressing toward the middle? Does that even make sense to you? I have almost no coding experience but my mind is geared for computer science and I'm genuinely interested.

is this netscape-based or chrome-based?

ener/g/-based

Will you have support for the Jetpack SDK addons? Not being able to use pixivutil in pale moon really pisses me off.

Yes but I'd like to also offer v8 and any other JS engine we can embed, As it will be a long time before ours is anywhere.

I think that's what we're kind of doing. First building a proof of concept: something that can browse this thread. And then rework the architecture. But I'd like to see a lot of abstraction.

I will say you need to have some C++ experience to work on this project. It can take a bit of work just to compile. Though if you want to learn, we're more than willing to show you the ropes.

neither

Better question for gyroninja, I think think any of that stuff is way far down the line.

>Yes

I hope you have some volunteers with lots of expertise in security... This isn't 1980s internet anymore, people are malicious as fuck, you know? That extends beyond just your JavaScript engine, lots of vectors of attack in a browser.

If you guys are seriously considering an HTML "parser" then why not PDF, djvu, chm, or even doc and ppt, etc. You have lightweight libraries written in C like chmlib, djvulibre, mupdf, catdoc, etc.

It makes sense, as you leave the work of filling text to external text editors, you van leave document editing to an external editor (either vim or emacs, both which have proper plugins). Imagine an split screen where you can edit LaTeX in vim and see the end work rendered in the other side.

Please, think on all the people who only want to edit a document from the work but need no fancy. All the sysadmins too, by leaving the choice of using netrunner independently from a text editor you'll have vim users (and maybe emacs too) using netrunner.

Try again in coherent English.

Make netrunner render documents.

There's a chrome plugin for that

Why not improve an already great and FOSS browser like Qupzilla?

* Has greasemonkey already
* qt gui
* has adblocker
* has javascript already. no need to try and make such a huge undertaking yourself
* Has extension api
* already has netflix support builtin
* based on qtwebengine
* can already download file using a customizable external program
* can already import firefox chromium bookmarks
* not based on firefox or chromium but still awesome
* already has tree style tabs builtin (extension that comes with it)

The rest you could add in yourself, like improving the security features to be per site.

Sure it isn't usable with framebuffer… but it would expand the potential users hundreds fold and take an already established for 10+ years browser with already great features and add the features you want

What about netsurf? It's got framebuffer support and could probably be modified to do everything desired.

guys

guys

get this

what if

guys

what if

wait for it

tiling web browser

>ntr
WHY

The browser of choice for cucks and cuck admirers, my friend.

curl -s a.4cdn.org/g/thread/61144928.json \
| jq -C '.posts[] | . + {com: .com | split("
")}' \
| less -R

Are you guys still trying to make a regex HTML parser? Eventually you'll realize it's impossible to make it fully functional. And forget performance or maintainability.

>forget the whole "non-bloated UI", if you want granular control of all that shit in a per-website basis, you MUST have an UI with a bunch of buttons to toggle that shit.
I disagree.

Actually after seeing all the chrome shilling I'm 80% sure if I did that then at least some of it would be implemented in chrome long before netrunner would even be useable.

Yes, I'd like to see it as more of a document viewer myself.

made sense to me

Because we want to built something different than those specific projects.

a man after my own heart

Not sure where this came from, but the code doesn't use regex nor do I plan on using regex. Like you said it'll become unmaintainable.

>implying google wants your ideas
They already have the means and the will to try out dozens of ideas even outside of their core businesses, and A/B test them.

>Are you guys still trying to make a regex HTML parser? Eventually you'll realize it's impossible to make it fully functional. And forget performance or maintainability.
I've heard this plenty of times, and the answer is always that HTML is a non-regular(irregular?) language so it's impossible to write regular expressions for it. But how is that the case when tags are either single or paired and there are rules about how they nest, i.e. tr has to be inside a table, etc.

Go back to school and learn what a regular language is

Sup Forums always mocks CS graduates but at least they learn the basics of computation theory unlike the typical braindead Sup Forums neets

Then why does everyone on stack overflow say that html is not a regular language. Are you implying nobody on there has a CS degree?

t. brainlet

For what it's worth I hold harsh criticisms for nearly all mainstream software UIs; they're just abysmal in general and it amazes me that people are even okay with the standard garbage. It's nuts. Maybe everyone else is fucked in the head.

Oh, you don't know either.
Why didn't you just say.

Chomsky hierarchy:

/-------------------------------------------\
| |
| Recursively enumerable languages | Type 0
| |
| /-----------------------------------\ |
| | | |
| | Context-sensitive languages | | Type 1
| | | |
| | /---------------------------\ | |
| | | | | |
| | | Context-free languages | | | Type 2
| | | | | |
| | | /-------------------\ | | |
| | | | Regular languages | | | | Type 3
| | | \-------------------/ | | |
| | \---------------------------/ | |
| \-----------------------------------/ |
\-------------------------------------------/

So what class is HTML in?

Time to shitpost and ddos these faggots in IRC. Great thing about having admin status on Rizon.

Why not fork Palemoon or Seamonkey?

Ohshit, user. Don't say things like this. A boy(girl) can only take so much

is this actually happening? I can't program good enough yet to contribute, but I would totally use this if this comes out

Did you write this reply before wrote his? You seem to have missed the entire rest of the sentence.

With the link grabber in place and a terminal multiplexer you can do it already.

>INITIAL COMMIT TWO WEEKS AGO
>ALL THE FUCKING COMMIT DID WAS PUT LINKS SOURCE INSIDE AND PUT A DIFFERENT NAME ON IT

AHAHAHAHAHAHA AHAHAHAHAHHAHHAAH

watch out guys
they fucking managed to download links zip
then they UNZIPPED IT (WOW, IKR?)
They they dropped and dragged it into GITHUB

holy shit guys, I'm amazed, a new open-souce browser is coming and it will revoliutionize the world

Reposting pic of NetRunner so the chrome shill shut the fuck up

Does netrunner come with built-in waifus?

>parsing HTML with regexes
>no javascript
>nonexistent css support makes everything look like ass

JUST

>implying
>implying
>implying

>ree this new project hasn't implemented all the things I want in it yet even though its only 2-3 weeks old

Better fork the project and get started then if you're that impatient.

>Implying Sup Forums can make a browser
>Implying anyone will care after a month
>Implying this won't have multiple backdoors in it

>looks good on the resume
>Sup Forums browser
>moonman logo
nigger what? have you ever applied for a job before?