My old phone was stolen, I need a cheap replacement, I'm between the Moto G4 Play, Moto E4 and Nextbin Robin...

My old phone was stolen, I need a cheap replacement, I'm between the Moto G4 Play, Moto E4 and Nextbin Robin, which will be the better choice?

Give it back, Jamal.

Of those? E4 all day. Giant battery and a 625 means two day battery life and decent performance

The g4 play also has an all day battery and decent performance. You can't go worng with either of those.

I'm sure OP would really like that.

E4 Play, Nexbit robin is getting to the end of it's life with no company behind it.

Can't say how it'd compare to the E4 but I love my G4 Play. Very much a "get shit done" device.

I just bought a g4 play, good phonemuch better than my old e2.

specs are way better on the robin, only issue with it is a subpar battery life and build quality (non-issue as long as you don't beat the fuck out of your devices)

When the fuck is the E4 Plus coming out? Is it even releasing in the Staes? Can't find much info on it.

robin looks nice, bends easy like shit, company got bought from razor.

would still prefer the robin

Just wait for Jamal asking how to unlock it. Report the thread to the FBI

Do not buy E4, it has a mediatek soc.
Robin is better but more expensive than G4 Play.
I would recommend G4 Play.

Why would you waste money on old phones that can't keep up with modern phones that costs less than the options you presented?

The Mediatek SoC is for ROW version, the US one has a SD425/427.

That said, I’d rather you get the Robin. At least that has dev community support.

I'm hijacking this thread. What's a good el cheapo

They're a dying breed, 5 inches is now the standard

Sadly he's right...fucking sucks. Imo the 1st gen Moto G is just about flawless (at least from a design perspective, specs are another thing). Not sure about you but I'm in the States, so Chinkphones are a no go for me. If you live in Euroland then Chinkphones might be an option.

I do live in euroland. Might look into chink phones then.

No Mediatek Soc? that's amazing.

I would argue that the dev community support for Moto G4 Play is similar, if not better than the Robin.

But seeing the better specs, you are right. Now I also recommend OP to go for Robin.

Still own and occasionally use the 1st gen Moto G from 2013, I have to agree about the design, it's plastic done right. The specs still hold up pretty decently today, all apps run flawlessly (but the 1 GB RAM only allows a few applications to be open at once) and casual games run without any lag. For heavy games you'd need to lower resolution settings, but who the fuck plays an FPS on their phone?

The Moto G series has one of the most active dev communities. Even the first gen has LineageOS with Nougat, and still continues to get new nightly builds, every few weeks, adding features or removing bugs.

If you buy one, it'll last you half a decade.

Sony is probably releasing a new compact towards September; if you're really interested in non-iphone compact that's probably the best route to go. Another option is the Xperia X compact which just received 7.1.1 I believe and is reasonably priced.

Thanks. I'll look into it.

I personally use a Robin. It's fast and still gets updates officially. It's a bit flimsy though so you'll need a case, else it will bend in your pocket. The cloud backup gimmick is a meme and I just turn it off. Best cheap phone I've owned though. Battery is a little sub par but I can get through a day without charging most of the time. Don't fall for the a53 arm core meme, it's a shit experience, get a57 or a72 they are both much better for keeping the Android experience smooth. I'd say go with the Robin as I've used both motos and they sucked in comparison, if battery is most important get the Moto g. Also, the default camera app on the Robin is garbage, use Footej Cam instead.

Xiaomi Mi5 from Banggood. It's a really good phone, for really cheap.

Do you think the current Moto Gs are worth buying, or is there a budget phone that surpass it now?

The G5 Plus at $240 is one of the best deals you can get on a smartphone today. Period. Its the one I'm currently using.

Its build quality is comparable to $600 phones from last year.

Many would argue that there are phones slightly cheaper, with slightly better specs, but what those other phones lack is a loving development community. The 'near stock Android' is also a big plus for it, Motorola never adds bloatware. The few features it does add to stock, are ones that are genuinely useful and not resource hungry in the least.

G5 will give you a full day of battery. If you're a light user you could even go two days.

I feel a bit conscious of shilling the phone so much, I just like it when good shit comes cheap.