Seriously, if you think 8gb ram is enough you are the problem with society

seriously, if you think 8gb ram is enough you are the problem with society.

I have a workstation at 64GB and is considering moving up to 128

Yes, excellent - you have a bright future ahead of you.

wtf is a ramlet lol

I like to make programs for a chip that has 128 bits of RAM.

I'd like to do this, considering ram disks/ VM's
Chances are the guy who made the image just doesn't into computer as much as he thinks he does.

>Run Arch/ Fedora, load in ram-disk
>Boot windows VM from ram disk.
>FUCK YOUR SSD

I think we need to update this image for Mid-2017. Great original image though. I appreciate it.

>tfw just ordered 16gb kit today

fixed this for you.

Smart frogposter.

Roast me

You are on the right side of history and you are not roastable. you are worthy. I was too busy enjoying all the things i have open on my desktop to edit the image for mid-2017 RAM ranges.

Way to much ram you only need 4 GB max. Botnet CPU and Botnet OS.

I only need 256k of ram because I don't run bloatware

did anybody see that sofas do not equal couches thread? good stuff.

Web dev here, my webpack dev server uses 8gb. Get 32gb.

I use Linux (fedora xfce) with 8gb and it's perfect. I have a Windows partition that I rarely use, and 8gb is seriously not enough to use that bloated crap OS.

cool

>mfw old enough to remember people arguing about the 640k quote unironically

>he needs more than 1gb for music & web,maybe 4 or 8 for gaming
I see the American diet applies to RAM as well.

yeah man, we like big great stuff here. we send people to the moon and dont let hoardes take over our country. yeah, man - you sure got my almonds activated.

>tfw 16GB ram but chrome and firefox eat up my hard drive space instead

>amerifat is too lazy to click on post to reply
like pottery

eurofag has lost his identity and doesn't realize other guy dont give a fuck about that. go pay your VATs loser

>being insecure over something so trivial such as hardware

[spoiler]
I have 16gb of ram and I'm using an amd 9370

feels good man

>amd
>not ryzen
NIGGER

>TFW not even on the list.

>man child hobbies

I have 18 GB where the fuck am i in
10GB + 2GB +2GB +2GB

t. ramlet

neither
% grep Total /proc/meminfo
MemTotal: 20547176 kB

how do you ramlets manage to do even simple tasks like browse the internet?

Hell yeah dude, welcome to the winners circle!

I have 8gb ram and two empty slots. Should I get 2*8gb or 2*4gb or 1*8gb?

2*8GB then surfing mavericks with us at 24GB. Come on with it!

turn off pagefiles (or swap space if on loonix)

you should consider what is fucked up with your browser

I maxed out the ram my motherboard supports and I want more. Should I kill myself?

>modded gaymes
>24gb

in your fucking dreams

>supper
you mean dinner, idiot

>2017
>not having a 64gb ram home lab
amateur hour up in here or what?

8GB of RAM is already too much, this is what happens when faggots think it's all right to do everything in garbage collected langs with ridiculous heap overhead.

16 GB is definitely the sweetspot right now, but it won't be in a few years. 32 Is pretty reasonable for a new computer imo.

Poorfag, what a mediocre PC

or if you use android studio, or visual studio, or unity, or 3ds max, or photoshop with large images, or use superfetch, or have multimonitors and have lots of stuff open/active, or if you do fractals, etc

kill yourself :^)

I hope you die in a fire :)

you are implicitly responsible for the decline of quality software, kill yourselves

t. modern software """developers"""

>firefox
>2GB RAM usage
nigga

I have 39 tabs open in Firefox and it's smooth as fuck. In fact I run Sony Vegas 13 as well (and that eats RAM like hell as well) along with Firefox and there's no problem.

t. AMD Athlon II X4 620 user with 4GB DDR2 RAM

I have no problems with 2GB.

i'm a user, actually
go kill yourself, i don't care if you don't multitask or only use your computer for gaymen and watching animu

4GB is enough.

>considering 16GB DDR4
>am poor as fuck
fuck my life desu

>(((only))) have 8GB
>modded game open
>Skype call
>Windows 7 VM in background
>Chrome with 16 tabs open
>only using 5.1/8GB
My history of memory has been 4GB DDR2, 2GB DDR3L, and now 8GB DDR3, and the only time I've had issues with memory was with the 2GB
It's a matter of use case.

you're using the pagefile, you stupid fuck, and you're not using up all the memory because windows knows it has to keep something free for what comes next

you fucking moron

"No paging file" was already selected when I went to settings. Also, good for Windows knowing what to do in that regard.

enjoy your black screens

Only times I've had black screen is after shutting down the computer or monitors myself. But thanks, if it ever happens, I'll try to enjoy it.

you're still thrashing the storage, even with pagefile off, you dumb-dumb

how do I setup my SSD for windbows then?
Do i have to turn off cache

My hard drive runs just fine with it. If it does die, simple enough swap out to another one, or even buy another one if I need to.

Don't think so. I work on a project on a shared server with 20 ppl all using vs and memory hungry gis applications. Usually th server tops around 70% of 64 gb.

ATM you really will need a ton f memory if you are doing render, high size modeling, animation or intensive calculation, or if you need to host in memory database.

If you use simultaneous vm just calculate how much each eat up. For Linux distros I put at least 2gb each. Windows 4gb+.

If you use w10 or 8 it's a good idea to have 8/16 gb due to renewed superfetch. All data required by programs you already opened is hold on memory if you have enough, like a big cache requiring much less time to reopen or consume files. This is one of the reasons I don't think ateast on consumer side, you need ram drivers.

If you topical load on Windows 8+ is taking more than 60% of physical memory consider increase. Windows will evict superfetch cache pretty often and will grind storage.

>doesn't want to buy ram
>claims he wants to kill drives but he's actually just moving goalposts because he's a moron
rope yourself, friendo

No - you are doing the right thing by taking it to the max given your available resources. you're spirit has 128GB of RAM and that's admirable.

tfw you want 64GB of RAM because you want to run multiple Windows VMs at aq comfy 4GB each.

Kill yourself you worthless normalfag

Imagine being this much of a faggot.

That image is silly. There is no upper limit to RAM, more is always better. No amount of RAM is too much.

2tb ram is the limit on EPYC single die

>tfw no EPYC with 2TB of RAM

1-2GB is more than enough you gaymer and/or bloatmaster.
There are 3 types of people with bloated ram:
- gaymers (go back to Sup Forums)
- bloatmasters with their virtual machines (learn c plebs)
- video/3d makers (this category has an excuse at least)

you forgot one.
-non autistic people who don't waste hours trying to optimize whatever distro of loonix on their 8yo chinkpad

Don't you know how do you look like? Just use a mirror, m8.

>32GB @ 1066
>1 0 6 6

For being a virgin? Yeah sure

(plebs who are bloating up their os)
Plain ol linux with dwm or rio will work on 256MB. Even bloated os like OS X work fine with 2GB!

What does it feel like?
Tell me.
OH TELL ME

Even phones have 8GB of RAM nowadays. Do RAMlets actually use phone tier hardware on their PC?

16GB DDR4 is cheaper than DDR3L.
Maybe you should find a job?

>1066

>1920x1080p@59Hz
>GTX 1080
Every. Fucking. Time.

Still using 4gb of ram, cause I'm that broke
Come at me Sup Forums

>come at me Sup Forums
>Doesn't realize there on the Technology board aka Sup Forums
kek

>22gb of swap
Dude wtf

12GiB here

4GB is all you need if you're not autist running multiple VMs or autist playing gayms.

>Every. Fucking. Time.
this, I fucking swear.
My friend just bough a 1080 for his 1080p60Hz monitor because of >muh futureproof

It actually makes sense you autists.
If he be upgrayden his monitor then he'd have to swap GPU again

>Unless you run a server
>unnecessary RAM
leave now

he's right though. I'd say there are a few more niche uses like compiling large projects

Computers need resources for peak performance. A system with more resources will maximize capabilities of all other components. A rising tide lifts all boats.

I still use 4GB of RAM in my laptop. It's more than enough to run Debian with XFCE. Workstations don't need any more than 8GB unless you do video editing or keep multiple VMs open at once.

This. And I still play XP-era and DOS games on 4GB anyways.

>10GB + 2GB +2GB +2GB = 18GB

>if you do fractals
Who the fuck does this shit you autistic fucking faggot.

>tfw barebones stretch+LXQt only uses 280MiB

autistic fucking faggots