What does Sup Forums think of ReactOS

How do you feel about it?

(virtual machine)

If they can prove to be a Win7 equivalent, I will pledge my loyalty to it forever and install it on all 3 computers I own.

It's in alpha, so it might not be suitable for that. Also, it mimics an older version of Windows (not windows 7)

I want it to work well someday so that i can replace windows 2000 on my old machines with it.

Plus win2k was the best windows ever.So i would use it on my newer machines too.

I agree, I really enjoyed Windows 2000 and this seems like a good free software equivalent. But until it becomes stable, I just can't use it.

there is a project based on reactOS aiming at windows 7 and 8 compatibility called greenteaOS but that is way too alpha.

ReactOS itself wants to achieve WInXP compatibility and be a replacement for old machines.

True, and I'm planning to get an old machine just to test ReactOS because I've been interested in the project for over a year now.

What a holy men we have here

Holy Windows 2000

bumping for good measure

its an os made by a few hobbyists for fun, aiming to be win xp compliant which makes it even more useless.

ReactOS is great for legacy software when you want to run it natively outside of a VM or WINE

also if you want auditable and foss implementations

It's neat. I'll probably install it on my shit XP box for muh old vidya once it becomes more stable.

It's not like they couldn't make a win7 replacement for old computers. They don't need to include AERO. Without it and Microsoft's (((services))) the win7 could probably run on older computers without a problem.
We need a win10 replacement though. We need as many drivers to be compatible with it in future.

>once it becomes more stable
That'd be in 10 years unless we shill this project to more devs and donators.

A complete and utter waste of time at this point, it's progressing too slowly. Microsoft is giving away Windows for free nowadays anyway.

>free windows
It was always gratis. This is trying to make a libre replacement.

I donated 5€ to this project.

Useless POS. No one even cares about XP anymore nowadays let alone replace XP with an alpha OS.

it targets 2003

I do

what benefits does it have over actually running XP? security is likely one, but you wouldn't run either of these (XP or react) outside of a VM anyway.

None right now. Which is why it needs to be shilled. A FLOSS windows replica would be welcome.