Would you Sup Forums?

Would you Sup Forums?

No, I wouldn't suck another man's dick.
Go away applefag. Nobody wants you here.

As long as it uses iOS, no.

But you eat shit of Rash!
Oh the irony, smelly pajeet! Even your CEO is Indian!

Quit posting, subhuman trash.

SMELLY INDIAN GO AWAY PLS

Yup, I don't have a use for a desktop OS when I'm not at home and it's cheaper than even the shitty core m3 Surface Pro 4

You know its funny, I had the first ipad mini, it was alright, the best part of it was the battery life close to 10 hours. Fast forward almost four years and my x220 as old as the ipad mini, lasts 9 and a half hours on a battery. Get curious and look the best battery life you can get on a tablet is 11 hours on a ipad pro or 10 hours on a ipad 9.7". Like what the fuck? Tablets, are more expensive than laptops and last for less on battery life.

>a phone that doesn't fit in your pocket
Remind me what's the point again.

OP here.
I should expand on my post I guess. I work on the Legal field and use my Thinkpad pretty much for writing. At the end of the day most things that make a real pc "exclusive" aren't appealing to me anymore, like gaming.

I just find myself watching RegularCars or Techmoan on youtube, or playing MKart with the GF. Am considering a tablet for home use and just leaving the Thinkpad at the office.

>smaller things are more expensive
no shit you fucking retard
>battery life decides price
>smaller battery lasts less
whoa, no shit retard

>missing the entire fucking point

I want a 10+ hour battery life device, one would have assumed that in 4 years, battery life on a tablet would have at a minimum doubled, its still exactly the same.

So with that in mind. a chromebook is a better investment, FOR ME.

I'd only as a standalone panel, or maybe the surface pro 4 would be better since I wouldn't care about 120hz since I already have a 144hz for high refresh rate stuff and the SP4 is 13,something inches.

I hope some panels with adapters drop soon enought.

You don't even go outside fucking smelly Indian.

>Chromebook
>Can't even turn on if you don't have wifi
Heheh

Just checked, the SP4 is 12,3", and the iPad Pro is 10,5", and 75% vs 77% usable surface, and the SP4 has 267 DPI vs 265 DPI, so in this case, as a panel, the SP4 wins.

>120 Hz
Ni-
>sandbox OS
Welp.

>2DPI
>Notable difference
Somebody doesn't know shit about dpi.

Hell, compare the panels or something that doesn't make you appear so obviously retarded.

The 12.5 iPad Pro obviously wins, how are those shitty color profiles on the Surface Again?

>runs a poorly scaled operating system made for phones that can only play angry birds
>proprietary charging port that won't let you access your files without itunes
>can't even move home screen icons off the stupid grid
>95% closed source (applefags will try to use the apple open source pages to defend it but it's just the base kernel and a few libraries)
Haha, hell no. Get fucked OP.

I'm on one now. Only thing it can't really do is word processing, at least for my needs. All the native apps like office, pages, and docs have piss poor formatting. If I get in a jam I can always type it out all funky and fix it on an actual computer.

Ugh, I was pointing that they were the same DPI, but one is bigger than the other.
Is there really a 12,5" iPad Pro?

If Apple gave me one for free, why not?

Buying Apple shit? Never.

I guess a 20" tablet would be even better, right? The size is just a preference. I have a 12" 16:10 tablet and actually it's too big for using it like a regular tablet. I only use it stationary (that was the plan anyway).

While I agree that Apple is faggy, you clearly never used one of their iOS products, because you would know you DONT FUCKING NEED iTUNES to move files around.
I had an iPhone 5S for a while, I just connected the thing to my laptop and managed files like a normal usb or android phone.

If it came with one of those passively cooled Intel cpus, was easily openable, ssd was swapable and came with a desktop OS, I'd buy it in a heartbeat, even if it was $1500.

That's a lie. You can't move music tothe device without iTunes and have it show up in the music app. I've owned iShits.

He said files, not specifically music. I dont use my phone to listen to music so i didnt know you couldnt drag and drop it

>transfers pictures only
And this is why you're an iPleb.

I've been using iOS 11, it's a big improvement.

Actually I scanned my whole law book library using my iPhone, then just copied into my laptop. But I guess this is what I get from coming to Sup Forums and trying to have a normal discussion

Nope

Read my posts again. I'd use it as a second screen, my friend, maybe with one of these arms that let's you move it anyway, to get it closer to me and also use it as a tablet to draw on.

Oh, I didn't read the beginning of the discussion and thought you were claiming it to be better overall. In that case I agree that a bigger screen would be better.

Yep. Pack up your dongles and GTFO.

Yes I'm a consumer whore for such shit. I've seen that panel in person and and going back to your 60hz phone really makes it feel slow. I have enough money to spend on such unnecessary shit tho, wouldn't recommend for anyone just looking for a decent cheap tablet. Said people probably wouldn't appreciate the 120hz panel anyway.

I would if I had the money. It's nice not having to carry paper around to take nice notes, and the tablet I currently have to do that does not have an accurate enough pen for me to be happy with it (though it doesn't function decent enough).

Maybe for free. I don't draw often enough to make use of it and for everything else my laptop is better.

Why? It would be fucking idiotic. No one uses these devices for that long without being near a place to charge them. So what's the point crippling performance and screen quality to achieve stupid battery life?

Take the 12" Macbook, it could easy have 24h+ battery life if it were the size of the 2015 MBP and maybe even 38h+ if they uses a worse screen but what the fucking fuck for?

>i dont have that need so no one else needs it

Not just me but like, the majority of the people. If there was a market for stupid long battery life, someone would tap into it.

I also think that 10 hours is just enough. I think something is wrong if you want to use it for more than 10 hours per day. And if you want to use it during a few days where you don't have access to power, you carry a power bank.

120Hz screen makes it pretty appealing, not gonna lie. Then again I don't want to buy Apple.

>Being so buttblasted in such a short amount of time that even a poo calls you subhuman trash

Hopefully this will force others to push for higher refresh rates on their screens

Like 16:10 forced others to adapt a respectable aspect ratio?

120Hz is pretty tricky to implement on a limited hardware.

Dirty pajeet peenoise

>rabble rabble rabble who needs a camera on their phone, phones are just for phone calls if i want a camera ill buy a camera rabble rabble rabble
>10 hours is long enough for everyone
>640k is enough memory for everyone

you two are retarded if you think there is nothing wrong with no increase in battery life in years. there was no market for a iphone type device either until apple made one.

But, uh, are you going to use it for more than 10 hours in a day? I think it should last just through one day, you grab it in the morning and plug it back before going to sleep. If you need a device to last a few days, you bring backup batteries or power banks. I don't think that many people need to use device without access to electricity source for more than 10 hours and I don't think it's quite profitable to make a super thick laptop/tablet for that minority that absolutely must have more battery life for whatever reason I can't really imagine.

You just can't imagine, But over half the world could use a device that has a battery life of over 24 hours due to intermittent power availability or cost of electricity. That is why they use Nokia dumbphones. So a need exists.

You realize that there are devices with longer battery life, right? No one wants to buy them since they are so rare.

These people don't have enough money to make it worth. A need doesn't mean a market. One billion people have a need for food, just no money to buy it.

>A need doesn't mean a market

It actually does, you just have to make the device at the proper price point for it to become a viable option for that particular market. And there is no low powered tablet at all, they all use more or less the same power rates depending on how powerful they are. If you can make a 7" kindle with a powerful chip and it cost less than $50 you could maybe develop a chip that could consume less power and be able to run at a good enough for most tasks. They simply haven't done it because like you, they can not conceive of the need for someone to be so far off the main grid they wouldn't be able to charge their device.

>You realize that there are devices with longer battery life, right?
Show them to me.

>a powerful chip and it cost less than $50 you could maybe develop a chip that could consume less power
Developing that shit would cost hundreds of millions. Besides a screen alone would blow up the price over 50 bucks. Kindle is so cheap due Amazon subsidies. Poorfags won't buy shit from them to make it worth. Even if it were possible, you'd have to sell fuckloads just to get the money for development back and would make couple cents per device as profit. As comparison, Apple gets pure 200-300 bucks for every iPad or phone, and crazy profits from the store.

Other than that, 50 bucks is still a fuckload for the places where electricity is a big deal and people would prefer to spend the little money they have on a smartphone since it offers more.

>Show them to me
iPad Pro lasts 12-13h, add a shitty battery case (something you can do with any tablet) and you can easy jump to one day. Obviously inconvenient but a larger battery always is.

This is promising, but I still have my samsung tab s 10.5 tablet with beautiful oled screen perfect for watching movies. If 120hz catches on the hopefuly it will appear on android aswell

They can develop it if they wanted to, they just don't. People do buy android phones in places where they don't have access to stable electricity to.

>iPad Pro lasts 12-13h

My five year old used $60 x220 lasts 9 hours and thirty minutes on a charge. But ok let's take the ipad pro example. It costs at a minimum $700 brand new and it lasts the 13h, see im being generous.

You take a couple hundred dollars more, and you buy a x270 brand new from lenovo, 21 hour battery life.

>They can develop it if they wanted to, they just don't.
Because there is no financial initiative. If you'd stick an A9 into a shitty case with a 720p screen, cheap ass EC memory and make the tablet as fat as a laptop, you'd easy get one day battery life but the device would cost about 150 bucks. Not really affordable for most poorfags and of no interest for most first worlders.

>People do buy android phones in places where they don't have access to stable electricity to.
Because phones are crucial for almost everything. A tablet is a luxury device for browsing on the shitter.

>You take a couple hundred dollars more, and you buy a x270 brand new from lenovo, 21 hour battery life.
Well, here is your long ass lasting device. With a battery pack you'd reach the same with an iPad and lower weight too. Also consider that the iPad Pro got a much better screen and way faster storage, so obviously it's not cheap. The CPU performance is pretty similar for most workloads and the GPU is probably better, at least than x220.

again you're missing the point. Yeah of course a ipad with a battery pack achieves that result, but you're already at two devices and you're already past the price point of a lot of laptops that are already more powerful than any tablet and will last just as long on a battery.

tablets have not evolved for shit in the last four or five years. what they did then is still the same they do today, they should have surpassed at least the 15+ hour mark, you may think thats ridiculous no one really needs that, you may not need it, but there is a laptop right there with a 21 hour battery life for similar money, and there are laptops that last just as long as the ipad pro for less money.

>better screen faster storage
the ipad may be, other brands generally not so much, yet they still cant compete with cheap computers on functionality and battery life both.

You conveniently forgot that you need the extended battery for X270 for it to last 21 hours (which I don't believe it actually does, they reported ~20 hours for X250 which I actually own and it's nowhere near that).

>I actually own and it's nowhere near that
are you using windows 10? thats probably why
>You conveniently forgot that you need the extended battery for X270
How is that different than a battery pack for the ipad pro?

listen dude, I am not fucking arguing with you, im just saying that tablets are shit, when you compare price, functionality and battery life, you're better buying a laptop, even if it is a shitty laptop, you get more out of it than any tablet in the market.

>you're already at two devices
So what, it's not like a battery pack is more than expansion of one device. It's no different from the keyboard thing or a pen. A charger and a power-supply are additional devices too if you want to be overly anal.

>what they did then is still the same they do today
That's not wrong but they form factor limits much more too.

Their screens improved massively and now got 120Hz before laptops, the OS can do more and replace a computer for casuals and there are pens. First Galaxy Tab with a pen was a joke (trust me, I got one), the iPad Pro easy replaces a graphic tablet for most people on the other hand. Battery life improvements are simply not attempted nor desired by the majority of users. Most laptops how a much, much worse DPI than even cheap tablets, so they stagnated even harder, so it's not like they involved a lot. Many laptops still use harddrives too.

There you go again about screen quality. That only matters depending on what you're using this device for.

Not really, you notice it all the fucking time, no matter what you do. It's pretty much like performance.

Use DuetDisplay if you want to use it as a monitor.

>iOS, macOS
>poor scaling

How clueless are you? Its universally agreed whether you hate or like Apple that one thing they do properly is scaling. What the fuck is your idea of good scaling? Windows 10? Fuck off, retard.

>Not really, you notice it all the fucking time, no matter what you do. It's pretty much like performance.

Exactly, it only matters depending on what you're using the device for.

If I'm using notepad on windows, it could be a 386@33MHz or a i7, it literally wouldn't matter, if that was going to be your only application. You don't need a high quality high res high dpi graphic tablet for a screen for everything, its a matter of preference and on what you're doing.

>386@33MHz
Would be painfully slow and you know it. It's generally less about the stats but about the result you get, so i7 or 4K doesn't matter that much. If the performance is not good enough, you notice it right away (unless you are used to shit performance) and it's the same with screens, just most people never used a good screen, so they find a crappy one sufficient.

I use my laptop mainly for text work too and the jump from a shitty 1280x800 tf screen to a less shitty 1440x900 tf screen and then to a glorious retina one was pretty damn obvious. Seeing shitty laptop screens now is rather painful.

>You don't need a high quality high res high dpi graphic tablet for a screen for everything
Damn right, goy. 768p should be good enough for everyone.

>Would be painfully slow and you know it

for notepad? no it wouldnt, and i know it because ive used it.
>Seeing shitty laptop screens now is rather painful.
thats just a personal preference you have. its like saying you cant go back to bitches who dont swallow because your last one did and you cant, its just your preference.

>and i know it because ive used it.
As many of us did back in the day but once you go back from a fast system to it, it's noticeably slower.

I never noticed how slow the Android keyboard was before using a Fagphone for a while either.

>thats just a personal preference you have.
An objectively better screen isn't preference. Obviously someone else can value it not as much but it's a clear benefit even if you don't give a shit.

I was exited for the return of zune tier aesthetics until I realized the box wasn't actually part of the phone, so no.

Had one for a week. Exchanged it for a 12 inch MacBook

120hz macbook?

Why? What do you need 120hz for on anything but gaming or something? For what purpose would this actually be useful?

>tfw no 34" 8k 120hz HDR iMac

Thinking of getting an iPad for my dad. He's on some old Android tablet he got viruseses on from googling mp3 websites. Plus it's android so you know after year 3 it's slow as hell by now. One day I found all his photos were corrupted for some reason.

There are no other good tablets anymore, Apple has one that department so I don't see why not. The 120hz is probably a meme though.

Yes I would drill into the screen with a Phillips screwdriver.

>all these I don't want to buy Apple comments
Brainlets detected. Stop falling for Sup Forums memes and youtube indian comments, if you like it just get it, there is nothing wrong with Apple just because some pajeet says there is.

What, 120 Hz?
Can I play CS GO on that thing?

It's suprising to me that high refresh isn't more popular. Yes, I bought it for video games. I've had 144hz foor about 4 years now and it is so much better at everything. Scrolling in your browser is better, entering text into 0ms latency text editors like vim is mind blowing, dragging windows is nice, you can upscale your video to the frame rate of your monitor using the same trick TVs use.
I'm not sure how much of that would translate over to the tablet. The problem is the use case really. When the fuck would you use the thing? I bought a really nice 13" laptop last year and I have maybe 100 hours on it vs the 10+ hours a day, every single day, on my desktop since 2003.
If you can justify it's use I'm sure it would be nice to own. Web browsing is extremely enjoyable on it and I often found myself browsing Sup Forums for nice high res pictures to enjoy on the god-tier screen.

I've used Apple products and I am not a fan of their poor build quality.

Who gives a shit about gaymers. 120Hz improves the entire experience, even simple shit like texteditors or moving windows. I am perfectly happy with my current Macbook but something like 120Hz would be a reason to upgrade if they do it in their next model.

>It's suprising to me that high refresh isn't more popular.
Without an intelligent software solution it would rape the battery way too hard, while on the desktop most people are happy with cheap trash either way.

playing back 24fps video without changing the refresh rate from 60hz

>yfw you realize Apple is going to slowly phase out Macs for consumers and make iPads their personal computers