Tech that is A E S T H E T I C

Tech that is A E S T H E T I C

How awesome would be to have full blown palmtop PC with call/sms/lte functionality in this form factor.

It wouldn't be. It'd be clunky and ugly.
Buy an iPhone.

would buy

Why cant Pyra/GPD look like this Reeeee

HNNNGGGGG!!!!

I would prefer some Blackberry style device.
>tfw Passport's bootloader will never be unlocked
It would be so great with some Linux distro. Would lack some punctuation keys for scripting though.

These nokias were pretty cool back in the day, saw these "communicator" and other models with full keyboard a lot, they were quite common with business users as naturally everyone in Finland pretty much had a Nokia phone till iShit and Android came

I think the GPD Win is the closest we'll ever have, desu. Too niche, especially since ARM and Qualcomm are trying to get phone processors to do normie x86 stuff now.

>ywn own a z-hinge palmtop with an atom x7, 8GB RAM, discrete NVIDIA gpu, 6000mAh battery, dual SIM slots, 512GB UFS 2.1, USB Type-C and A, 3.5mm and software optimized to run Android, Linux, and Win32 apps natively
Why live?

just write it out as "aesthetic" you stupid fuck

Holy shit, what Thinkpad is it?

T61
Here is another picture of T61 15" model version.

Hardware keyboards are useless. Unless you're texting all day, in that case kill yourself.

>what is email and document

Something that'll break your fingers and your dignity if attempted to be done on a phone.

It's better to try that then carry a keyboard and a smartphone with USB-OTG capabilities.
Oh well, pick your poison I suppose.

>a smartphone with USB-OTG capabilities
You could have just said "a smartphone".

Is this phone botnet-free?

Then I would assume that every smartphone has support for USB-OTG or usb hosting capabilities which is not true.

Every smartphone since 2012 or something. You'd have to be genuinely retarded to own something older.

I have phone from 2014 and it does not have USB-OTG hosting capabilities. Your statement is false.
You really don't seem to know how these things work, do you?

What piece of shit did you buy and why aren't you running LOS on it yet? The support depends entirely on the kernel, and it's there by default unless your OEM botched it on purpose.

>What piece of shit did you buy
Some real good piece of shit which making me switch to Symbia S60v3
> why aren't you running LOS on it yet
Impossible.

This is the rabbithole I went with android and I lost all hope for android. Now I just plan to use my laptop as main communication device and a dumbphone for calls and texts (since I can't do calls with a computer)

I bet these dials felt amazing. When is the last time you used a dial that was so smooth and refined, but also had the heavy solid feeling of a machined piece of metal?

stop fucking bringing this up every week
every time I just get really sad because tech turned out autistic and now we have these idiots
also this. while maybe not the on the passport the classic would be pretty dope

>mfw lelnovo literally dropped the best shit from ibm

>same idiots every thread
please go kill yourself and your irrelevant opinions

Measure how much time are you spending by looking at the screen. Then measure how much time are you spending on typing. Then realize that hardware keyboards ARE useless, that space should rather be used for a bigger screen and battery, plus removing the hinge automatically increases the durability.

Some people actually use phones for communication. I write all my mails with my phone.

Again, how much time are you spending on that? Don't forget

Not much I suppose, maximum a few mails per week when it gets busy. And maybe a few short messages to friends per day.

Is that an oven?

Looks like a transformer's knee.

Hurr

Durr

Who here played alien: isolation for /aesthetic/

This

When I turned my old ass home speakers up a few days ago. They are old Bose, no idea what year

>what is the Nokia N950, user-kun?

Fully Linux OS
Multitasking with virtual memory (no pages dropped from the web browser, no apps reloading from background)
Qt development libraries
busybox, full shell available

what phone is this, i want one

yet another clueless shit stuck in 2002, doesn't know about bluetooth and forever pines for shit that already exists but he won't let himself have

And N900. It's so sad that you simply cannot get a new smartphone that would be better and these are pretty outdated now.
What you mentioned plus:
>Sliding keyboard (+ unlocks the phone)
>32 GB memory + 32 GB in 2000 + fucking 9
>kickstand
>HW slide for unlocking
>slide cover for camera which can launch camera application
>HW camera trigger with two stages (focus + shoot)
>FM transmitter
>composite video out
>CPU overclock widget + voltage tuning
>Shell command output widgets
>Dedicated community that even recompiles kernel for different instruction set
>Cute stylus handy when you are running remote X-server session of cadence in LXDE.
>Much more
Oh man. After I got tired of resoldering the broken microUSB port I thought I'll just wait for a comparable but up-to-date device to show up and use dumbphones in the meantime.
Still waiting...

God, how much I'd love to have those back

still enjoying my 1 year old phone's look and feel teebeeaeych

This "usb port but not for charging!" thing was really weird. I even had a USB cable that split into data usb/charging on one end.
rectangle with screen #124753
rectangle with screen #124861

I may not be an Apple fan but this looks nice

>vomitchan.tiff

Go actually have a look at either phone they both look great you can see them in any cell phone store you please

is this the one that was built out of a raspberry pi zero?

This is the perfect phone for me. I'll never buy another one, unless it has the same form factor as the classic + keyboard

Yeah actually. By that N-O-D-E guy on youtube

Fucking comfy.

Wuh bou dis

yeh that looked pretty good, was thinking of making one myself

>wrapping your headphones like that

Enjoy constantly breaking your wire

those are like 5 dollarydoos anyway

His doesn't have any phone features sadly. It's a really neat portable linux computer tho

What are the photographs like with that camera? I'd love to get back into old film cameras.

Also source on your phone wallpaper? I know it's GiTS but I can't find the actual image source.

depends on if it has intel and vega in it

What music player?

This is terribly overpriced
Seems neat tho

girl phone

It's basically a rangefinders for retards. Just pick the right range and wah-lah! Pretty decent pictures. Just don't buy the X1 version because that's the shittiest one in the series

All I want it's
>smartphone with physical keyboard like OP pic
>based on linux
>a good web browser
>calls and sms apps that aren't shit.
>light, simple and secure
>ability to manage per app their rights
>SSH client
>eventually other CLI programs (wget, youtube-dl, ffmpeg, unzip, gcc...)
>mpd client

imo one of the best looking phones ever

The N900 and N950 had all that, but muh Android shit...

>he thinks those keyboards are only for typing
>hinge
>what is a portrait keyboard

I spend 70% of my time typing something on my phone
the other 30% Im just really glad to have a keyboard that doubles as a trackpad

>not bb10

>Inshill
>Novidya
No.

>tfw you will never own a 7" mini-tablet with a keyboard cover, 7nm Zen2/Navi APU, 8GB shared HBM, 256 GB embedded Optane drive, 3+ USB 3.1 host ports, 8000+ mAh battery, IP68, drop proof up to 7 feet, and a free as in freedom OS

nokia/HMD really needs to release a qwerty android palmtop

I'm not much for nostalgia but I can't say I don't sometimes miss the days when HTC was a niche manufacturer of really nice looking high-end devices.

>tablet
enjoy your toy

the one and only

white civilization is dead boi
get used to it

iPad is a toy, Surface is not. This is a mini-Surface that fits in your pocket and makes phone calls.

best phone coming through

nobody mentioned brands you smelly street shitter
they're all toys by design, the form factor is irredeemable

>tfw the new 3310 flopped and we'll never have comfy feature phones again

>same idiot's thread everyday
Fix'd

>Using it while charging
What a moron

Believe me, I will

This is not the proper use of aesthetic, please go memepost somewhere else

Well, what the fuck were they even thinking with it ?
>2G networks are, at best, being phased out and don't even exist anymore in a lot of areas, most carriers don't support it at all
>so let's make a phone that only works on 2G networks in 2017 :-DDDDDDDDDD
You can't use the fucking thing at all in most places, because 3G/4G networks aren't backwards compatible. The new 3310 was dead the second they made the decision not to include at least 3G capability.

Pretty sure the Droid X doesn't come with a keyboard. Looks like my old Droid 3, though.

guess the keyboard

To be fair, all of Nokia's feature phone efforts in recent years have been in Asia, Africa, and Europe where 2G is not in danger of shutting down soon. I've read dozens of press releases parading the next Nokia feature phone, and always disappointed by the "not available for North America". 2G may be on the way out here, but if you really want a feature phone you can find "old" Nokia models from 2011-2012 - with 3G - on CL for cheap.