This is Microsoft's state-of-the-art UI design. You may not like it, but this is what peak design looks like

This is Microsoft's state-of-the-art UI design. You may not like it, but this is what peak design looks like.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=EJWWtV1w5fw
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

More beatifications at the cost of performance.
I bet these are all in the kernel.

W O W
JUST TAKE A LOOK AT THIS, BOIS

Sup Forums can't handle this amount of future

P A R A L L A X

WELCOME TO 2012, LADS

So this is what High Sierra looks like? Not much of an upgrad--- oh

learn how to fucking use webm retard

take your shitty gifs back to readit

windows 7 also has this effect while you move the cursor along the taskbar. they simply applied this effect on some menus now. very mindblowing. such innovation

Botnet never looked this good bois

It looks pretty good.

Actually It doesn't look bad, but Windows 10 itself still bad.

>Oh, anf btw POO IN THE LOO

youre wrong user. this is what peak design looks like

Isn't blatant advertising against the rules?
I mean I know we are on shitposting Sup Forumsenerals but there must be a bottom to this degeneracy right?

Now that's actually a pretty nice use of the fluent design aesthetic. Screw fucktons of animations, I just want subtle stuff like this and simple slide animations.

Those widgets were good.
Animated wallpaper

>Vista
Top kek

Gnome had this fucking feature since 2013 kek.
Welcome to the XXI century winpajeets.

>better than 7
and you know its true
this desu

>and you know it's true
It's shit. Looks like Aero had sex with Luna and that thing was born.

To be sincere, Fluent Design almost tempted me to switch to Windows. Stayed loyal to Linux though.

Oh wow, such consistency!

It's almost like the OS is developed by hundreds of people with communication issues who don't know what the fuck they're doing.
Oh wait...

These are actually pretty nice, there are a lot of small touches that are quite interesting
This is just doing what the rest have the world has been moving towards for the past two years.
This is completely different, do you need it explained to you?

>when you reboot your design for the fourth time to achieve consistency but fail anyway

>when you reimagine mobile user interface and create brand new design system that influenced every major platform but decide to kill it anyway, both your mobile platform and original design language

i like the fancy ui but the whole thing is fundamentally so bad it's going to crumble on itself

this. too bad gadgets are a security vulnerability and were never patched

I hate this

make stuff visible and don't make me fucking guess window borders, button edges, oh and what the fuck do these icons even mean and fuck hamburger icon menus

>auto-hiding scrollbars
Here we go again. Glad to be observing this from a distance.

>steals features from Linux
>lol Linux cucks WISH they had this :D

(you)

>steals features from Linux
>stealing free things

they re-used that effect from the hololens cursor

t. hololens developer

holowhat

luddite

A W F U L
why tf they are still forcing this shit-tier design, instead of making something F U T U R I S T I C like Vista or 7, even XP design was better

Worst thing about uwp is loss of keyboard shortcuts

i like u

>Microsoft's design team is now so lazy you can emulate 90% of the UI using KLWP on Android

I wish I could do this blurred background effect with compton without absolutely raping my CPU tbqh famalam
I won't accept the botnet just for this tho

>I virtualized windows on a mac lol macs rock

>haha look how bad windows is, ignore that im using a vm

>for the fourth time
Windows "apps" = modernUI = metro = zune = WPF = avalon3D = ?

who /insider/ here?

don't forget the photo viewer with transparent border

>Windows: Sends Screenshots and Keylogger Data to Microsoft Edition
lol

I know but it kinda makes sense for a beta version.

And I'm using it on a secondary machine, everything else would be stupid (except VMs)

> at the cost of performance.
Stop trying to run modern full-fledged operating systems on an rpi

Not bad

OK, is it really a big deal? Seems like it's just a waste of processing. I mean, it looks nice, but it's not like it changes the experience. Seems unnecessary.

I like it.

I HATE stuff like this. It's an infuriating guessing game or lag or both.

A lot of websites do this, polygon (an extremely bad game review site that was funded by MS does this).

What's the point of these sort of transitions if it looks so choppy and jank? Or is it the gif doing that?

Is this going to end up as another apple tier impossible to adjust borders screw up?

macOS has done this for years

I just want the Luna noir theme to come back ;_;

OMG YES

Windows has some nice features, but it has a lot of shitty ones, too.
On the same level of pretty stuff to appreciate, the fact that they want the same OS to work for all platforms and their less than perfectionist attitude toward coding makes for some annoying bugs.
The most prevalent annoying bug I've had is a seemingly sporadic one in which clicking on a link or image will make the system act as though I swiped on a touchscreen, minimizing a window, switching tabs, or going to a previously visited site or image.

>worrying about the fucking windows ui causing "performance issues"

Upgrade your Athlon from 2003, grandpa

Providing depth is a big deal. Exclusively flat metro garbage needs to be phased out IMMEDIATELY.

>calling a random ui element a feature

No wonder you use Gnome

This is what happens when you try too hard to be Apple, but in your own way. There's only 1 way of perfect, try and do anything else and you end up with this retarded shit.

Thanks Winjeets.

Microsoft is wasting money on graphic designers instead of hiring competent programmers leaving them with only street shitters.

>Sup Forums in 2017

Old Sup Forums likes Macs more.

What are you talking about? There's no depth displayed there.

What is your problem? It just works

Pretty neat but ultimately pointless.

I'm so tired of this boxy plain dull design that so many companies are going with these days. When will the fad end?

>being this blind

youtube.com/watch?v=EJWWtV1w5fw

I fucking hate that shit

Honestly I don't even care if the design is good or bad, at this point I just want them to be CONSISTENT already. Windows is madness.

u think u r funny eh?

i will end you.

why is the text so small when there is so mich blank space??

>there are luddites who think this looks bad

Low contrast and hidden buttons are good design.
Is that noise texture changing every frame?

depends on whats your reference. If your are using google shit, it looks fantastic. If you use apple shit, it looks like shit

>be OP
>create this thread to laugh at the trash design Microsoft is pulling
>create this thread to laugh at how Microsoft is selling blurry transparency and crappy 2012 animations as the 2nd coming of Jesus
>some people ITT believe i am praising the design
L A D S

That looks quite nice.

>be OP
No thanks. I'm not a faggot.

it looks like shit

you can actually see the different departments

they just debuted the design guidelines
it's pretty pathetic, to be quite honest

??

>Opening Notepad.exe
>Fluent design transparency and highlights loading
>i5-6200u at 10%
>Hear fan starting
>Type something
>Go to save as - file chooser opens
>Fluent design
>Fan goes turbo mode
>Have to find the nearest power outlet

>contextual menu changes with context
wow
truly a death sentence for microsoft

>i5-6200u
you have issues bigger than windows 10

>laptopnigger poorfag

The average user and I mean 'average average noob who thinks cmd is hacking' won't care about min-maxing performance.

Now I actually care about it and would like to disable it if I have the option.

TAEEEEEEEEEE

Yeah that CPU is a fag

>Lovely Thinkpad netbook
>i5-4200u
>Have to install a kde based distro to be "mobile"

are you forcefully making yourself look retarded or is it your natural state?

Microsoft better makes sure that when fluent is released that the build will be faster than the current.
Otherwise it will be a "fluent house fire" meme pretty quickly

>contextual menu fits the design of the app
what a horrible crime

It illustrates the absurdity of multiple designs.

and the only people who have issues with it are the 7 people frequenting Sup Forums

How come windows calculator is still shit trying to emulate an old dollar store calculator? Even five years ago my phone calculator had a smart parantheses system and could do order of operations

*Vista

D I V E R S I T Y

>glowing hover effects
>"ripples" on click
>parallax scrolling for header images
>animated transitions with shared elements
Google has already done this.

>collapsing scrollbar
Ubuntu has already done this.

>high radius blur on sidebars and secondary user-interface elements
Apple has already done this.

Microsoft are always behind the times with design. They only follow well established trends and they never innovate. Literally everything in Microsoft's Fluent Design system has been done before and done better, but the most disappointing thing is that Microsoft are not going to stick with it for long enough to convert every app. They'll scrap it in a few years like they did with Metro and start chasing some new trend. This will just end up making Windows design less consistent.