OFFICIAL VEGA REVIEW >le vega is a workstation card

pcper.com/reviews/Graphics-Cards/Radeon-Vega-Frontier-Edition-16GB-Air-Cooled-Review

>slower than P4000
>slower than even the fucking P2000 ($450)
>slower than 1080

Other urls found in this thread:

videocardz.com/65014/nvidia-quadro-p6000-outperforms-titan-x-pascal-in-gaming-benchmarks
youtube.com/watch?v=LC_sx6A5Wko
reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/6kdwea/vega_fe_doesnt_seem_to_be_doing_tiled/djld98t/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Housefire

You know that we can just click on the link and see that you're cherrypicking, right?

Hello sir can you pls delet this

>literally 1070 performance in games

Are you kidding me?

AMD think we are retarded, the Quadros can gayming, why the vega frontier can't gayming?

Also I hate this crazy TDP, HBM was a mistake.

I think the RX Vega will be 8-12% faster but will never beat the Ti nor the Titan X and Xp. The TDP will not be better.

Either AMD has the best RX drivers coming or it's time to get them on suicide watch. The Fury X is already close to a 1070.

HBM is much more energy efficient than GDDR5, especially high clocking GDDR5X. It's just a piece of shit.

>AMD think we are retarded
If you take a look at r/amd you'd know why. Sup Forums recently isn't far from them

>the Quadros can gayming

And yet look at that, PCPer didn't test the Quadros in their gaming tests, despite clearly having access to them. Really makes you think (about how much Ryan gets paid for this).

They do not want to humiliate AMD

>much more
Useless, only if you really want save few watts

>rajeet totally BTFO after accusing pcper of getting nvidia money
If anything Ryan doesn't want to curbstomp amd to level when they refuse to send him future samples.

The leaks and info in drivers for greenland (vega 10) appeared at the same time as ellesmere and baffin (polaris 10 and 11). So supposedly it was developed at the same time and was probably supposed to be released at a similar time frame.
But it's basically been delayed for a year.
Wouldn't be surprised if the new features that vega brings basically broke the whole card and they're running with most features turned off.
Honestly with how much they want to focus the attention to RX Vega I think they still believe they can fix this shit with drivers.
Or they're just not talking about FE on purpose because they're attempting to cut their losses and they hope more people will buy it if there's as little bad press as possible.

Literal fiction. That Quadro has the exact same specs as a Titan Xp. There's no chance whatsoever it gets an extra 10fps and more than double the minimums, especially with a driver optimised for non-gaming loads.

Post the source.

It's over.

videocardz.com/65014/nvidia-quadro-p6000-outperforms-titan-x-pascal-in-gaming-benchmarks

Fire Raja.

>Wouldn't be surprised if the new features that vega brings basically broke the whole card and they're running with most features turned off.
Pretty much.

>Are you kidding me?
Called it. We knew it was gonna be slightly above 1070 since the Prey demo dood

w-wait for drivers.
just wait.

>b-but muh stutter frame analysis
I wonder if that faggot killed himself or posts another shill pasta now.

Ironically enough, the RX Vega will have WORSE gaming performance than that, because:
>cut down
>clocked much lower

So RXVega=1060 level or slightly above

If vega rx is on par with rx 580, this probably would be the worst gpu ever released.

1060 game performance confirmed
I am speechless.

AMD would absolutely not release this card if it had the same performance as the 580/1060. It wouldn't exist.

to be fair nvidia cards are massively better in GTA V

The review is bit inconsistent. Why do they only do only benchmark using certain cards? Why so much attention to gaming side of things when the card is meant for professionals? 7 pages of gaming related benchmarks. 1 page for professional related benchmarks.

Here's the nvidia's PX000 series card reviews. Stark difference.

Right.
It matches a 1070 in the other games more or less.
Problem is given this a RXVega can't possibly even HOPE to match a 1080.

And as mentioned, it'll likely perform even worse than this so sub 1070

>same specs

All depends on how much you believe that the current driver can't leverage any of Vega's new abilities, like tile based rendering, and is merely using fallback options on the hardware.

Remember how big a deal TBR was for Maxwell? Well, those kinds of gains could happen still here if that report is legit and modern Windows PCs are treating Vega FE just like it's an overclocked FuryX.

A lot of shit just doesn't add up right now. This is a big, power hungry, expensive die and AMD is not good at launching products. I don't think this chip would ever have made it to market if this was its ceiling.

This thing was clearly rushed out of the gate to meet a Q2 deadline

>Source: HotHardware

Wow, truly a credible source. I totally believe it! Never mind that it contradicts every other test of the identically-specced Titan Xp. I guess the big news is that Nvidia's workstation drivers are actually better for gaming than their gaming-focused ones, since "HotHardware" has a reputation beyond reproach.

GeForce BTFO!

>Titan Xp
>posts Titan X Pascal specs

Are you literally retarded?

R.I.P.
>At most, I could see AMD adding another 10% to the results we see with an odd case of a significantly under-developed part of the driver stack going beyond that.
>Looking at these results, it is still possible for Vega to be a success in the consumer gaming market, but it is going to need to be priced accordingly (sub 400$). And we just don’t know what NVIDIA might have sitting in reserve to address Vega and its derivatives this year – refreshed hardware, lower prices, etc.

reminder that GTX 1080 Ti (GP102) is 471mm2
VEGA is 564mm2 ;^)

>At most, I could see AMD adding another 10% to the results we see
Says who? This is complete conjecture. If the driver is fucked then there is no telling what the performance gains will be.

The only reason this card exists (all 40 of them that got made) was to placate stockholders or save someone's job somehow.

>Says who?
The flippin' reviewer from OP that physically has the card and has tinkered with it for 24 hours.

I'm sorry dood but yours is conjecture if even that, not his.

If that's true, then this is really disappointing. Vega is out of my budget range, so the thing I'm most interested in is seeing AMD's tbdr implementation. That's what I wanted to see explored, since I want to know how that's going to filter down to us pleb tier owners.

Well, they can always fix up the drivers. Theoretically. Just Wait(tm).

>The flippin' reviewer from OP that physically has the card and has tinkered with it for 24 hours.
There aren't any official drivers yet to take full advantage of the architecture

>There aren't any official drivers yet to take full advantage of the architecture
[citation needed]

Wine technology, son.

AMD is done.

Yes JUST WAIT
Meanwhile at 564mm2 die size AMD might beat the 1.7 nvidia meme.

Goodnews!
RxVega might match the 1080 by 2019.

NVIDIOTS BTFO

>Wine technology
?

Slow and steady wins the race

Slow and steady...

Daily reminder that workstation cards perform absolutely the same as "gaming"/consumer cards.

See this comparison between the Quadro M6000 and the Maxwell Titan X (incidentally both based on GM200)

youtube.com/watch?v=LC_sx6A5Wko

I'd be very surprised if we see even 10% improvement in games from the FE to RX Vega

>[citation needed]
reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/6kdwea/vega_fe_doesnt_seem_to_be_doing_tiled/djld98t/

> This arch is a massive change from anything they have released with GCN. They built in fallbacks in the hardware because of the massive changes. Its a protection against poorly written games and helps AMD have a starting point for driver development. Hell even architecturally Vega is essentially Fiji at its most basic thats why it is performing exactly like it because none of its new features are enabled or have a driver published for them yet. _It is performing like a Fury X at 1400 MHz because that is exactly how every computer is treating it._

>tfw when your cards performance gets better with time and ages like a fine wine
>tfw nvidiots see performance dropping after day 1

Life's good lands.

So they basically tried copying a bunch of shit Nvidia has done without the driver team to pull it off. Which gives us the unmitigated disaster that is Vega

At least nvidiots have good drivers from day 1

So basically some guy off leddit?

> So basically some guy off leddit?

> the current driver can't leverage any of Vega's new abilities, like tile based rendering, and is merely using fallback options on the hardware.

>random comment on shittit
Hopeful speculation at best. Even that hopefulness shows how AMD suchs at driver resolution at launch date.

More realistically, the card is just that. However drivers will probably improve over time and get ~10-20% boost over years. But thats just the usual shtick. By the time AMD's cards are fully functioning, Nvidia will be 2-3 generations ahead. So its kinda pointless to "wait" till drivers are mature.

mfw I will have to jump to the GreenTeam coming my next year gpu refresh

r/amd is official amd shill outlet
its mods are RT+ faggots

AMD surge incoming.

There's no speculation about VEGA not doing tiled rasterization though

How the FckU did this even happen

Repeat after me:

1070 level performance

Speculation. AMD hasn't confirmed it.

General AMD fanboy consensus doesn't make it true. Its just a convenient plausible conjecture.

pcper tested live yesterday
vega didn't do tiled rendering

>vega engineering team.jpg

AMD don't need to confirm anything when it's been already tested.

Conjecture

He disassembled the drivers with IDA. Doesn't get much more concrete than that. (If you don't know what IDA is, just leave. You don't belong here)

AMDrones don't want to believe!

Sorry. No bully.

Wow the shilling is strong in this thread

>Doesn't get much more concrete than that
Visual proofs does.

Nope.

Glad I kept my 390x

WTF is AMD doing first the fury then this

> first fury

But the Fury X is still a gread GPU

That's not tile based rendering. They've stated months ago Vega will have it so unless that changed then the current driver is not working fully.

> current driver

Does Vega even have drivers? Isn't it just regular ass drivers for current gpus?

>amd
>drivers
do you really think this was a meme

As far as I know (not much admittedly) the "Vega" driver on AMD's website is basically identical to the driver supplied to Fiji.

that gif made me hate anime

> girls laugh at him for being stupid
> "FUCK G-GIRLS!"

No it's not that. That's like all the concentrated animu cringiness, pedovibe and austism in one single .gif

Aylmao, just browsed through reddit-AMD.

They are all trying to forget the gaming performance and suddenly all of them claim to use the GPU for "professional" software.

Anyways, AMD will never catch up to Nvidia again in the consumer departement, unless Nvidia goes Intel style, which they won't.

I understand. I don't watch modern anime.

>I don't watch modern anime
It's horrible desu.
Wtf happened between the 80s and now?

NEETs and virgins that prefer drawings to real women wanted more kawaii anime to masturbate to.

It's easier to release more shows now than before. Most are shit and it gives the impression that all shows are shit.

Can you recommend a down on earth anime for young adults without high schoolers?

No, they do not perform the same if you load the proper drivers for each card.

Workstation cards running proper drivers are slower than gaming cards (~10-30%) because their renderings are focused on accuracy/precision not performance. They also don't have nearly as nearly as many artifacts in the renderings.

That's why graphical studios don't use normal "gaming" cards for their projects.

>Most are shit and it gives the impression that all shows are shit
I'm going by what autistic weebs recommend on 4chin. Tried watching some and they're utter shit. Unwatchable.
>NEETs and virgins that prefer drawings to real women wanted more kawaii anime to masturbate to.
Chicken or the egg: maybe the animu turned them in the sorry bastards they are and not the other way around?

You know you can download the drivers, download IDA, and disassemble it yourself, right?

Planetes

Hopefully this will make the RX easier/cheaper to get

Then why is my 4+ year old 290/390just as fast?

because they're fury without HBMeme

user I you can always wait tho

Are we waiting for NAVI now AMDBROS?
Stacked DRAM will surely BTFO Volta.

As a Fury X?
It's not.
It is about as fast as an RX 480 though.

Daily reminder that more people own Nvidia's Flagship card than people owning AMD's midrange card.

Source; Steam HW survey

cherrypick much?
But HOL'UP

Which card is which in AMD's rebranding clusterfudge of a lineup?

280x=?
290x=?

> tfw you realize the nvidia 1080 ti is so fucking powerful that there exists the possibility of AMD being uncapable of competition.

How did nvidia do it, seriously?

Dead silicon.

Polaris replaced Hawaii.
Tonga replaced 280X.

290x = 390 = RX 480 (performance-wise)
7970 GHz = 280x = R9 380x (performance-wise)
The 280x doesn't really fit into any of AMD's modern GPUs.
Not as powerful as a 470/570, more powerful than a 460/560, and frankly kind of irrelevant at this point.
And I say that as someone who used to own a 280x.
Ehh, looks like AMD is going to squander all the hype they had surrounding Vega, guess they're more focused on the console market?