Why do people charge exorbitant amounts for old Macs and Macbook Pros on Craigslist...

Why do people charge exorbitant amounts for old Macs and Macbook Pros on Craigslist? I routinely see 5-6 years old shit online for $500 or more.

Other urls found in this thread:

9to5mac.com/2016/11/03/2016-macbook-pro-thunderbolt-compatibility-issues
youtube.com/watch?v=NYVjIjBMx6o
howtogeek.com/198043/how-to-merge-folders-on-mac-os-x-without-losing-all-your-files-seriously
youtube.com/watch?v=B5_4AqJymQ4&hd=1
m.youtube.com/watch?v=MZDQOYlnZ10
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Why do you want to buy a mac so badly if you're poor?

Mactoddlers are literally the most clueless gullible cucks on the planet. Why would you pass up the opportunity to milk them?

Apple devices cost at most a few thousand USD more than the competition. And it's because the build quality is unmatched and the OS is as well.

I bet that your dream car costs tens of thousands more than a normal car that could get you from point A to point B without any issues, but you won't say anything about that.

See the hypocrisy, you piece of shit ?

Let us rich neets buy these premium devices while you struggle with your pimped up nikka rainbow colored laptop with Windows WannaCry 10 R.A.T Pro. Are you still shitting behind the house, Rakesh ?

>2006-2015
>trackpad impossible to click near upper edge
>extremely loose near bottom edge
>overall flimsy diving board piece of shit
>even applel admitted it's shit and went back to solid non-click touchpads
>still has no real buttons
>relies on pressure sensitive gimmick bullshit
>if you press too lightly or too hard it does something completely different than what you intended
>shit tier 1mm travel chiclet kb
>OSX is a steaming pile of shit with horrendous battery management
>applel's solution is to cram in a massive heavy 95WHr battery to make up for it
>even XXXTREME GAMER cancer like razer blade with 4X the CPU/GPU power and 70WHr battery matches it in battery life in same tasks
>gets BTFO by 55WHr Yoga 2 in battery life in same tasks
>the battery takes up the space where a cooling system would've been in a laptop not designed by the world's thinnest and lightest gay hipsters
>overheats constantly from abysmal crippled cooling system
>throttles to 800mhz due to chronic overheating problems
>retina meme for "pros" have have gloss mirror coating impossible to use with overhead lighting
>blurry as shit retina meme scaling
>shitbook air even worse with glossy 1366x768 TN eye cancer
>systemic battery explosion problems for over a decade

>2016+
9to5mac.com/2016/11/03/2016-macbook-pro-thunderbolt-compatibility-issues
youtube.com/watch?v=NYVjIjBMx6o
>can't use any existing TB3 devices
>can't use USB and wifi at the same time
>ultra shit tier zero travel kb
>keyboard louder than WWII cricket
>memetouch emojibar
>no USB-A
>no escape
>soldered ram
>soldered SSD
>tamper tape on battery screws
>applel falls for their own thin meme and uses 54WH battery
>2 hour battery life

howtogeek.com/198043/how-to-merge-folders-on-mac-os-x-without-losing-all-your-files-seriously
>it's 2017 and moving folders around in finder will STILL cause massive data loss

>macshit is good
Can we finally put an end to this meme?

Supply and demand. People are willing to pay good money for good stuff.

>an OS with a package manager that can't both add repos and replace the kernel is unmatchable
>a laptop with components glued down is unmatched
Sure thing.

a macfag and his money are easily parted

Most of the shit that was pasta'd is incorrect these days, but i don't give a fuck!

Let's talk about the competition, Dell XPS 15

Coil Whine - Check
Wobbles on flat surfaces - Check
3-4 hours of usage on 4k monitor - Check
Shit speakers - Check
Terrible trackpad - Check
The display has a ton of issues. (too vibrant and darkens around the edges lol)
The webcam is positioned right under your fucking ballsack lmao
Can't open it with one finger - Check
Pimped up with carbon fiber - Check
16:9 with a 30 centimeter bottom hinge wat?
Comes with WannaCry 10 Pro preinstalled lol check

It may have more ram and a slightly better video card, but that doesn't mean shit in the end. Just because a riced up Nissan is faster than a porsche panamera, it doesn't mean that i will choose that piece of shit.

Do you get what i'm saying, scumbag ?

>trackpad impossible to click near upper edge

I love this copypasta.
First off, who gives a fuck, secondly, applel fixed this on all of their macbooks because of autists like you

>Let's talk about the competition, Dell XPS 15
Yes, there is only one other laptop in the world.
>Coil Whine - Check
True.
>Wobbles on flat surfaces - Check
No it doesn't.
>3-4 hours of usage on 4k monitor - Check
Post proof.
>Shit speakers - Check
Post proof.
>Terrible trackpad - Check
Weird how every single reviewer disagrees.
>The display has a ton of issues. (too vibrant and darkens around the edges lol)
Proof? Because I specifically saw measurements and this was never mentioned, and mine doesn't have it.
>The webcam is positioned right under your fucking ballsack lmao
No, it isn't.
>Can't open it with one finger - Check
Because it weighs less than a MBP. Only a macfag would get mad at lightness.
>Pimped up with carbon fiber - Check
How is this bad?
>16:9 with a 30 centimeter bottom hinge wat?
False.
>Comes with WannaCry 10 Pro preinstalled lol check
Are you too stupid to install Linux?
>It may have more ram and a slightly better video card, but that doesn't mean shit in the end. Just because a riced up Nissan is faster than a porsche panamera, it doesn't mean that i will choose that piece of shit.
Waaaah specs don't matter unless they're better on the MBP.

Cry harder.

And this is only one video

youtube.com/watch?v=B5_4AqJymQ4&hd=1

Can you post an article?

>Because it weighs less than a MBP. Only a macfag would get mad at lightness.

No it doesn't.

Dell XPS - "Starting at weight: 4.5 lbs (2kg)i with 97Whr battery, SSD and touch display"

15-inch MacBook Pro with Touch Bar - 4.02 pounds (1.83kg)

BTFO!

I'm done talking with you worthless Rakesh that shits behind the house

I watched the video, and you clearly didn't. Let's see:
>response time
Again, don't use Windows. Fedora doesn't have this problem.
>webcam
That placement is the only way to have a bezel that small. I know you're used to the MBP's fuckhuge bezels, but I'm not a camwhore so I'd rather have my webcam down if it means I have the smallest laptop for that screen size.
>speakers
Fair point. I use a 9343 and they're bad, but just like any other laptop, including the MBP.
>fingerprint reader
This is when I realized you didn't watch the video. So the XPS is at fault for not implementing perfectly a feature that no MBP has or has ever had?
>wobble
I don't know what to tell you dude, mine doesn't wobble.

Also since we're playing this game, here you go:
m.youtube.com/watch?v=MZDQOYlnZ10

1 - The removal of the soon-to-be-obsolete shit ports was a bold move by Apple and with this they are accelerating the usb-c future. Your piece of shit Dell XPS that doesn't even have a full bandwidth usb-c port will suffer the most, because you will be left with obsolete ports in a few years, while the Mac will have 4 to rule them all.

2 - I don't give a shit about Mag Safe. I now have the advantage of charging my laptop from either side.

3 - Crying about the illuminated apple logo ? Really ? lol. GTFO!

4- He's crying about a dual core cpu on the 13 inch MacBook Pro when all the competition 12inch-13inch is using a dual core WTMF!

5 - Crying about the keyboard that takes only a few hours to get used to WAT ? After you get used to that keyboard, you never want to go back to the mushy dell xps bending keyboard lol

You were again BTFO!

Please Stop

>you need to get used to a shitty keyboard
Or, hear me out, you could buy a laptop with a decent keyboard. Crazy idea, I know.

>I'm done talking
>ok I'm back
Kek someone's angry.

>Fair point. I use a 9343 and they're bad, but just like any other laptop, including the MBP.
No. The new Macbook and MBPs from 2016 on got great fucking speakers.

>buys a mac
>doesn't use fcpx

>No. The new Macbook and MBPs from 2016 on got great fucking speakers.

Correct! And this confirms the theory that these fuck heads have never played with the new MacBook Pro in real life.

It's easy to hate something you see only in photos

No, they have decent speakers. No laptop in the world has great speakers. I seriously could not care less, the fucking case color would matter more than which 4cm 0.50$ piece of shit they picked.
I use a 2016 13" MBP at work, the speakers are not noticeably better than my XPS 13, and they both suck.

Like clockwork

This is going to shock you, but I probably use a MBP more often than you. Great laptop, and like any other it has flaws. But go back to thinking everyone who disagrees with you is le neet fedora indian xD

Fuck off apple shill

wow great counter argument. i can't believe it. i just ordered 5 dell xps machines

People charge whatever retards will pay for shit. If you had one would sell it for £200 because 'that's all it's worth', or would you sell it for $500 because you can get £500?

>No laptop in the world has great speakers.
Are we comparing them to a home system worth couple hundreds of bucks? Then sure. If we compare them to any other laptop speakers and the sub 50 bucks shit most people have, they are pretty damn great.

>the speakers are not noticeably better than my XPS 13
Says more about your ears than the speakers. They are objectively superior and even your grandmother would've easy hear the difference. There is a reason why every reviewer is creaming about them. Notebookcheck is generally very in detail about it if you need proof.

>If we compare them to any other laptop speakers and the sub 50 bucks shit most people have, they are pretty damn great.
Comparing turds. Again, to me they don't sound great, and even after seeing the comparison on notebookcheck (where the XPS clearly lost) I don't care, it's like the last thing I'd check when picking a laptop. It's like me mentioning how the backlight on the MBP is much worse than the XPS (same review), even if it is, does it really matter to you? Are you really going to hold on to this one thing as an argument? For fuck's sake, you always go on about how specs don't matter, but speaker quality does?

He's an apple shill so no shit.

The worst part about Dell is their shit support. You end up talking to some Pajeet straight outta Bangalore that doesn't know shit and can't help you and you'll end up paying and waiting weeks every single time.

With Apple, 99% of the time you can walk into an Apple store and they'll fix it for free. The new Microsoft Stores are actually pretty good with this as well.

>Comparing turds.
The majority of people will never spend hundreds of bucks for audio, so it's pointless to include, hence we're comparing horrible ones ($5 china stuff), alright-ish ones (old Macbooks and XPS) and pretty good ones (new Macbooks and $50 stuff)

Specs are irrelevant if the result is the same. Do you really care whether you have a quad core 5Ghz CPU or a single core 700Mhz chip or do you rather care how your system runs and how long it takes to do shit?

Backlight seems harder to notice than speakers, unless you really try to find weaknesses, as long it works, you generally don't care. With speakers, you notice if they suck right away. Pretty much all other laptop speakers are close to unusuable and force you to get extra ones or use headphones. Fagbook ones are good enough not to be a pain.

Dell support is pretty weird, for companies it's great and easy beats Apple. If you're a normal consumer though, you're fucked while Applel treats you great and is easy available.

> using Windows or Linux on the desktop in 2017

What.

Nigga, Dell offers on-site technical support. You can literally have a guy show up at your door to fix your computer. Apple has nothing even comparable.
>oh but you can drive out to a store
Yeah, how could I ever contain my excitement.

>Backlight seems harder to notice than speakers
Of course it does. Had it been the other way around on that review, backlight would suddenly be a deciding factor, but since the MBP sucks at it, "i-it doesn't matter, speakers do".

>rich neets

>Had it been the other way around on that review
It doesn't matter how it's done, it's the fucking backlight of the keyboard. You easy notice whether it's there or not. Afterwards it needs too be extra attention to detail to tell apart. Something like speaker quality, or performance is apparent right away.

Whether it matters or not, depends on you but come on, I doubt anyone would pick a different laptop over one or the other but it's way more likely that "these speakers are great" will be used as internal argument to pick something else, while "holy fuck, that's the best backlight I ever saw" is ... well, as weird as it sounds.