AMD announces Capsaicin Siggraph with no word about RX Vega

>AMD announces Capsaicin Siggraph with no word about RX Vega
videocardz.com/70655/amd-announces-capsaicin-siggraph-with-no-word-about-rx-vega

dis gonna be gud

Other urls found in this thread:

eventbrite.ca/e/amd-capsaicin-siggraph-2017-tickets-35520337285
translate.google.com/translate?tl=en-us&u=https://tweakers.net/gallery/5079/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I knew it. They can't get the drivers finished in a month so it's just going to be delayed until they're complete, whenever that is.

probably scrapped by now.
It's been and would be a massive moneysink and AMD needs all the ca$h it can get atm

Considering that vega is huge die and HBM2 which means $600+ price, I don't know who would wait for it and drivers to match 1080Ti at best case scenario.

It is an understatement to say that AMD has flopped on Vega. A year behind, premature drivers, delays, unimpressive performance.

This is just embarrassing.

This isn't a flop. This is an attempted backflip that results in a broken neck... And I fucking thought they would deliver, I fell for the fury x meme and told myself vega would be different.

My next card will be Nvidias Volta.

Wait for navi

RX Vega scrapped? That would be shitshow of the year. Feels like AMD and Intel are in a competition to out-shitshow the other.

Guess I'll just have to wait a little longer for the Vega revolution.

>That would be shitshow of the year.
Idk, releasing a 1070 perf card with a 300w TDP and a 500$ pricetag in August-September 2017 sounds worse to me.

>mfw it's cancelled
>mfw it's the new voodoo 6k
at least amd won't go the way of 3dfx
probably

Me too, friend. I will only buy superior Nvidia products from this day, with mighty Vishnu as my witness!

If they released it that late w/o drivers it'd be DOA.

>AMD shills this mad

>If they released it that late w/o drivers it'd be DOA.
>implying drivers could save it

>>implying drivers could save it
I'm sure they could, DESU. Whatever monkeys and interns they have at AMD they just can't keep up.

They changed the description, it doesn't specifically mention anything except Vega now.

eventbrite.ca/e/amd-capsaicin-siggraph-2017-tickets-35520337285

>On July 30, learn about our newest additions to the Radeon™ family featuring the cutting-edge Radeon™ “Vega” architecture. Hear from our partners on how AMD’s product lineup is revolutionizing the creative pipeline, leading industries from entertainment to engineering into a new era of precision and performance.

Any one waiting is an absolute sucker.

I hope Volta is something different then

>Literally 10% ahead of 1070 on average
>Even in goyworks games which is like 50% of them.

What the flying fuck. Do we have any confirmation about RX Vega's clock speeds compared to FE? I don't believe in magical 50% performance gain drivers from AMD, their only saving grace would be non-ref coolers which could allow them to get higher clocks. However looking back at Polaris and the fact Vega seems to be even more power hungry with FE running at 80 degrees plus with a 100% fan speed profile I honestly don't know how exactly AMD could suddenly compete with overclocked 1080 let alone Titan Xp.

>Raja says Vega FE is not designed for gayms but can do them
>Raja says that RX Vega will be cheaper and faster
>it was month ago
>retards already forgot it and "LOL VEGA DOA FIRE RAJA"
Your as retarded as plebbit /r/amd. Sad!

Probably performance of current Pascal line up just with hardware alone speed up by 20-30% through polished drivers.

RX Vega with actual working drivers and non-ref coolers could probably hit 15-20% faster than it's currently going, which would place it at or above the 1080 in most cases. Problem is by the time this happens, Volta will be out in late Q1 or early Q2 2018.

>Vega™
>cutting edge™

And it will still suck shit.

niggu the thing is already pulling 350w, they have to DOWNCLOCK it for the RX

>yfw they announce Navi, shipping at the end of 2017

>Sad!
How to spot a retard.
Vega RX is the same silicon retard.
also
>trusting king pajeet

we're lucky if we see Navi in 2019

Fucking comedy.

>cheaper
Yeah, but not by much. The die is way too big for them to sell it that cheap.
>faster
Mostly because it will have actual finished drivers, but I don't see any huge improvement from that.

Slightly above 1080 performance for $650-$700 is a guaranteed bomb.

>15-20% faster
This isn't enough especially with meme marketing department Nvidia has.

Considering the non-linear scaling of GPU performance in 4K gaming where 1060 will be 5% behind 1070 while both cards will be 100% behind something like Titan XP (30 fps compared to 60 or 70) Vega will be literally 50% slower than Titan XP in 4k.

t. retard
I see no reason for RX Vega to be shit. Just wait and see.

>I see no reason for RX Vega to be shit.
because you're clueless retard

Die size and drivers not being magic are two big reasons. Unless finished drivers bring a 25-30% performance boost, it's over.

Fuck off retard. People are talking.

JUST FUCKING ANNOUNCE THE RELEASE DATE, JESUS FUCK

Pajeets are not people, Rajeesh.

>RELEASE DATE
In all likelyhood late October

Hey dude, relax! Just wait™ a little more.

So AMD once again doesn't have a 4K GPU and Nvidia will use it against them shilling for 4K reviews where in percentages Vega although only being something like 15 fps behind will be 25 to 50% slower than 1080 Ti.

Dont you think you make your conclusion too early? Like... The RX cards are not even out yet. Absolutely new architecture (RIP GGN) and its been less than a week since FE release. Time will tell but i think Vega will be a huge success.

2018:
>1080p CPU reviews
>4k GPU reviews

Drivers will be ready for Christmas. You would be able to warm yourself in the winter while streaming DOTO. Trust me.

This will be Ryzen all over again except at least Ryzen has its actual pros over Intel because if you care about core count vs single threaded performance at least you don't have to lie to yourself thinking it's a worthy sacrifice like it was with Piledozer. Sup Forums will be shilling for it calling it a huge success because all loyal AMD owners will just upgrade to next AMD card but don't kid yourself. I don't see AMD taking back any sort of market share unless they show up with some $200 1070 performance cut down Vega GPU. And that ain't happening cuz of HBM2.

>Time will tell but i think Vega will be a huge success.

Vega is somewhere between a 1070 and 1080 my man. 1080Ti and Titan X shit all over it.

>$200
The huge die size and 8GB HBM2 cost more to just manufacture.

The CPU benchmark is a meme but I don't see the reason why reviewers shouldn't benchmark expensive GPUS in 1440p and 4k only and soon 4k only. Odds are that Volta or Volta's rebranded follow up will allow you to buy 1080 ti performance for $300. 4k 60Hz monitors are already dirty cheap. Thank god for Nvidia not dropping the ball like AMD and Intel and pretty much single-handedly bringing us into 4K as a standard go to resolution age.

I would laugh my ass of when RX Vega is out and stomps novideo in every price bracket. You guys are pretty stupid even for neo/g/.

Yep, Nvidea monopoly doesn't sound too bad, as long as they shell out good 1060-like price/perf cards every year desu

>nvidiot
>4K meme
As expected, kek.
>1080 ti performance for $300
Hahahaha the delusion. Maybe in 3 years.

>I would laugh my ass of
you mean off Rashid and I'm laughing my ass off right now at the fact that even something as trivial as enjoyment and laughter is a thing of speculation and promise for an AMD fan.

Dreams are free, Rajeesh. Happy waiting.

>1080 ti performance for $300
Yes.
2018 will have 1070+20% at 300-350$
2019 will have 1080/ti at 300-350$

It's not some crazy idea, it's pretty standard

If RX Vega doesn't deliver they can charge whatever they want in every price bracket.

>they can charge whatever they want in every price bracket
But Nvidiea are pro-consumer and pro-gamer user.
They would never!

Yea. That's literally what I wrote. I know you're a retard blinded by rage because anons laugh at your favorite poor man's company but considering the fact that Nvidia release new series every year and a half and Volta isn't coming up at least till 2nd quarter of 2018 1080 Ti performance in late 2019 or early 2020 would be 3 years so thanks for confirming my thought process you drone with the reading comprehension of an Indian street shitter.

1070 is 980Ti performance and you could get is for $350 before cryptoniggers
>Maybe in 3 years.
This is not Radeon Pajeet Technologies

Didnt read, soz. Probably a wall of text from butthurt tech illiterate nvidiot. LoL.

>AMD BTFO HARD BY NVIDIA
>AMD FAN BTFO HARD BY NVIDIA FAN

POTTERY.

>even something as trivial as enjoyment and laughter is a thing of speculation and promise for an AMD fan

holy shit

Im not a retarded fanboy, bro. Grow up!

fuck rajeet and fuck indian "people"

Today was a good day. My favorite part was the bit where Sup Forums had 3 threads about Vega's released reviews and for the first 5 hours there was absolutely no response from AMD's Internet Defense Force as they were desperately scrambling for ammo on AMD's subreddit going as low as quoting random shills from leddit comments as arguments.

>capsaicin professional line
>Capsaicin (/kæpˈseJ.ᵻsJn/ (INN); 8-methyl-N-vanillyl-6-nonenamide) is an active component of chili peppers, which are plants belonging to the genus Capsicum. It is an irritant for mammals, including humans, and produces a sensation of burning in any tissue with which it comes into contact. Capsaicin and several related compounds are called capsaicinoids and are produced as secondary metabolites by chili peppers

>chilli peppers

Fucking Pajeet

Get a hobby maybe?

>2 hours
>only 16 ips
So this is the power of nvidiot shill force...?

Nah, there's no defending this shit anymore. Big die = They can't sell it for cheap. No drivers = They can't release RX Vega (unless they're almost finished and holding them back, which I doubt). Shit performance won't be alleviated w/o drivers and better cooling improving things by 20-30%, which is a long shot. I've been trying to defend this shit and wait until all the results are in, but they're in now, and it's not looking good.

Should say Big die + 8 GB of HBM.

tfw AMD FINISHED&BANKRUPT is no longer just a meme

>I've been trying to defend this shit and wait until all the results are in, but they're in now, and it's not looking good
I only care about facts. I know for a fact that RX version is not out yet so i'm not coming to any conclusions. You base yours on speculations, but w e floats your boat senpai.

[spoiler]4K is a meme[/spoiler]

Vega/RTG is in trouble for sure. Zen is still a solid architecture with a good future.

So what's the point of HBM/HBM2 if their cards still can't kill the competition with it?

RX is the same silicon+ 8GB insted of 16GB HBM2. In the event of 50% miraculous performance increase it will be more expensive 1080Ti months late.

>Raja do what your best
>This card is a shit raja what you done?
You said to do what i do best, this is a high regard to my people to deliver shit in digital form

So what the FKuC was that Msi guy blabbering about?
He said:
powerdraw proportional to performance
great price per performance

Literally the opposite for both

Maybe he has the near complete drivers and better cooling that add the mythical 30% extra performance it needs to not suck.

He meant RX. They dont do FE Vega.

I think this was literally said about every GPU ever made by every PR marketer out there.

He wasn't a marketer, just some random guy from MSI.

so it's fucking nothing

>just some red team + larping as a msi employee in damage control mode

ftfy

Wasn't this shit meant to come out late last year? Sure as shit glad I didn't wait to upgrade

Every day from this day forth I won't be able to stop wondering what a massive fuckery Vega had to be if it were to be released on its original schedule.

Nigga.
It's probably this.

I'll just keep waiting™. Still with a 970 and don't really want to buy any Pascal or Polaris moreover with miners buying everything. Volta looks like another refresh, but it might be cool; they really struck gold with Maxwell. Navi will be way too late, AMD really needs to get their shit together. Gluing dies sounds really nice for GPUs, but when? When are they going to deliver?

Here's the timeline.
>rx480 was supposed to btfo 980Ti in June 2016
>vega was supposed to come out in fall 2016 and completely btfo 1080

>rx480 was supposed to btfo 980Ti
You wot. It was supposed to compete with 390/980 but for cheap. And it did.

Correction: He actually was just a marketing guy. brb offing myself. translate.google.com/translate?tl=en-us&u=https://tweakers.net/gallery/5079/

Friendly reminder that RX "1% oc gains" 480 can't even compete with oced 970 let alone 980.

I see.

This thread is fucking pathetic. AMD shills have literally no arguments in their defense. They will still, just like with Ryzen and Polaris, show up in full swing week from now after reading hundreds of comments on r/AMD from people who sound smarter than them to get some bullshit overly simplified excuse as for why Vega is doing so poorly in gaming. Once you browsed this board long enough you start noticing those annoying patterns.

>Overclocked 970 gains 15% performance
>RX 480 gains absolutely nothing

Your point?

No mention of RX. Could just be another shitty promo for FE and Instinct.

Ryzen and Polaris actually had a reason to exist even at launch.

We know why the performance is shit. The question is will the solution offer 20% performance gains? Highly doubtful.

So we will see the same sites benchmark 5 year old games or games that AMD has traditionally been shit at like project cars. Vega will be trashed for a year until the driver support catches up where it competes with a 2070 Volta. And AMD respins or die shrinks or maybe both and releases the new Vega while we wait for Navi. RTG fucked up

>Only the AiB's can save RX

>We know why the performance is shit. The question is will the solution offer 20% performance gains? Highly doubtful.

M8, performance is not even your main issue.
Power consumption(pic related) and price are.
Even if it were to miracolously match a 1080ti, it would still be DOA, bc too expensive.

>Throw tons of cash in Vega and gamble a lot of the division future on it.
>Still need to release something because the refresh of the refresh of the old HD 7000 is losing too much market share.
>Make Polaris as paceholder architecture until Vega.
>Too far in suddenly they found Vega suck massive ass and is their Netburst ft. Voodoo 6 edition.
>Meanwhile because some cryptocurrency hype their paceholder architecture they probably already tossed away for future development is selling like mad.
>Only answer is "wait for Navi" in a way as shady as a gypsy selling a used car.

Raja and the whole GPU directory must want to put themselves a bullet in each testicle