Void thread

Friendly reminder to df -h and vkpurge before xbps-install -Su

Who /void/ here? How long have you been using it and why is it the superiorest Arch replacement?

does it have directx? nope? obsolete as fuck

>arch but even more time consuming
NEET Linux more like.

Windows xp has directx. It doesn't make it less obsolete. Go back to Sup Forums

>even more time consuming
How?

>no documentation
if you're a Linux wizard then it's nice, but almost nobody on Sup Forums is. we all look at wikis and stack exchange.

Running musl void now, very nice overall, wish I knew about it earlier

You don't need any specific documentation other than the runit and xbps ones, and those are very detailed. If you've used arch before you won't have any issues with maintaining your system.

>musl
Nice, I installed the musl version first but unfortunately it was incompatible with a few packages that I needed.

Inferring there are no other factors for something being obsolete

i would use it but there is no AUR

Vulcan exists, therefore DirectX is obsolete.

I've been using it for the last month and a half. I like it and intend on using it for the foreseeable future.

What about bedrock or a VPS for compiling and gentoo?
AUR is nice, but it feels like a hack.
I think for a rr-distro pacman is good but a """stable""" distro needs the version control and features of apt.

The main thing stopping me from using it is there being no Wine or plan9port packages for the musl version.

Been running void for months without problems. Loving it, fuck arch

>What about bedrock or a VPS for compiling and gentoo?
I fee like void strikes that perfect balance between minimalism and ease of use.
I've tried bedrock in a VM before but I ran into a ton of problems, probably because I still have a few things to learn.

Void a shit. Gentoo's where it's at. One day there will be a gentoo which also has a complete binhost and more than a handful of maintainers. Then the world will see.

Bedrock doesn't really feel like it has any purpose. I built a custom containerization solution on top of firejail (using --chroot + overlayfs rather than --overlay-named and chroot; full X isolation and net isolation using iptables rules to allow disabling traffic per program if needed, or rerouting through e.g. tor transparently), and it does everything bedrock does except symlinks without having to leave my distro of choice. Symlinks could easily be added by using post-install hooks from my package manager, too. I can also share libraries across the programs without conflict or security concerns as well as supporting custom library versions if needed.

Additionally, docker (but not rkt) could be used for the same purpose for someone who doesn't want to fiddle, although it should be avoided if security is a concern.

Whats the difference between Void and Parabola

You are a man after my own heart for sure.

Parabola uses systemd

void is made by spics