Do you guys update your bios? I always forgot to do it and only remember when i change my motherboard

Do you guys update your bios? I always forgot to do it and only remember when i change my motherboard.

I only update my bios if something isn't working.

I updated it during a fresh build. Then I updated it again 3 years later for no reason.

*BRRRAAARRRRPPP*

NO ANTI-STATIC WRISTBAND

It's stashed in her.

Depends if the update offers something I want.

You don't update the BIOS unless there is a problem resolved in a new version or a new feature you need (like support for the CPU you want to put in it).

BIOS updates are inherently dangerous and shouldn't be done just because there is a new version.

Yeah, I know it's supposed to be dangerous, but most motherboards have recovery options like a dual bios and I never had one fail on me.
I just like having the newest version and always hope I can push my RAM clock a little bit higher with a new bios version.

No. I wouldn't even know how to update it.

I've been building computers since the 90s. I had a job bukding rigs in 2003 where I built several a day and updated the bios. Point is I've updated a bios hundreds of times and only one time on a personal rig did something go wrong.

I had an asus p5b, and if you updated the bios usIng their windows tool, but you were on a 64bit windows version, it fucked the bios. Had to build a flashing cable to fix it.

Still though, I wouldn't update unless I thought it would help something.

had to do it one time for an old pc from my dad. needed a new gpu to work with a 4k monitor.

besides that never. dont really see a point.

I wish I was that fire extinguisher

I had to update when i replaced an i7 920 with an x5650.

I helped a friend update when his gpu didn't post.

Don't fix it if it ain't broke

Only once since my rig is from like 08/09. Had to update to get my R9 390 to work.

I've been trying to update my Maximus IV Extreme's BIOS for Ivy Bridge support, but Asus fucked with the workings of the BIOS at the same time they added it and flashing any newer version than the one I have requires some sort of voodoo ritual to get working.

Glad it has dual BIOS and USB flashback at least, so it's not really possible to brick it. Couldn't get it working right though.

its not even necessary unless you live in colorado and its winter

I update it every time there is a new version.
Hope you dont enjoy being vulnerable to
>skylake hyper threading issues
>intel management engine public exploit
>others issues

Just if i have any problem related to it

I'd update her BIOS...

Why didn't you answer him to show a benis?

Ouch, I have a p5b that I upgraded the bios too. Luckily I don't thrust Windows tools and made it in DOS.

Not everyone is obsessed with benis like you are, fruitcake.

I lived the first 9 years of my life in CO. I'll never forget being able to shoot lightning bolts from my fingers by shuffling my socks across the carpet. Live in the north east now; I never use a static strap and I work on a lot of sensitive electronics.

And they never removed the faulty tool. I had a blog with a howto article on how to unbrick and that one article would get 3,000 hits/mo for years. It's still getting a few hundred hits a month even today.

I'd be stupid, not to update my UEFI.