Can I make a cloud gaming computer on AWS?

Can I make a cloud gaming computer on AWS?

Other urls found in this thread:

davidshrive.co.uk/2016/02/06/gaming-in-the-cloud-with-awsec2-aka-how-i-played-fallout-4-without-buying-a-new-pc/
lg.io/2015/07/05/revised-and-much-faster-run-your-own-highend-cloud-gaming-service-on-ec2.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

For a fuckton of dollars per minute.

Actually, it's not that expensive.
davidshrive.co.uk/2016/02/06/gaming-in-the-cloud-with-awsec2-aka-how-i-played-fallout-4-without-buying-a-new-pc/

Well, consider me wowed

Wow

I'm fucking impressed, but your internet better be able to spit out some bytes with consistency.

Anyone remember the onlive clusterfuck? Anyone who took the concept seriously knew he was the first to start what would be the future of the industry. He just did it way too early. Big fuckup.

that's pretty cool

Steam should set something like this up so you can game on linux flawlessly

my friend manages AWS so I'll call him and let you know

Use LiquidSky guys.
It's literally free (can get up to 180 minutes of game time a day)
And can play any game at 60 fps. It's 1080p though.

>LiquidSky
can i get free shit in germany?

Yeah, works surprisingly
well.
lg.io/2015/07/05/revised-and-much-faster-run-your-own-highend-cloud-gaming-service-on-ec2.html

lol, would it be worthwhile to use ec2 for mining?

People are doing it, it's driven up the cost of GPU spot instances. It's not worth competing with the thousands of other people running scripts.

>thousands of other people running scripts.

what do you mean by this?

They're running scripts that monitor spot instance pricing and the current USD to $cryptocoin exchange rate.
When the exchange rate is high enough and the spot instance pricing low enough that it would net a profit, they run as many spot GPU instances as possible and kill them when it's no longer profitable.

Enough people are doing this that GPU spot instance pricing has tripled.

oh, I was thinking about scripts which they install on other peoples servers to mine for them

How do you not get terrible lag

if you are streaming 1080p back to you and your inputs have to make instant changes there can be 0buffering, none or you get lag

how can this be practical

Enjoy you're latency.

THIS

It would make them lots of money if people with subpar computers can play new games at max settings

Nice

Azure >>>>>>>>>>>>>> AWS

They sort of do. I have steam in-home streaming setup on a gaming PC I put in my basement (where it's very cold). That way my main desktop is Arch but I can play all of the windows games that I want. Works for non-steam games as well like WoW.

>literally gaming PCs as a service

welcome to the future lads

Apparently this is really fucking up the film production industry at the moment. Got a friend that is a sysadmin for one, and they out-sourced all of their rendering years ago to cloud providers and now they can't afford to render with due to miners.

enjoy your latence

THEY CAN'T KEEP GETTING AWAY WITH IT