Used linux for the first time, really had fun..looking forward to learn more

Used linux for the first time, really had fun..looking forward to learn more.
What's your take g?

Other urls found in this thread:

linuxcommand.org/tlcl.php
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>used linux for the first time
>Had fun

You sure you used GNU/LINUX?

great choice of OS, user. Its beautiful and works great. Don't listen to the neets that will tell you otherwise

Yup man, loved it

I'm a few years in and still having fun every day! just installed void over nixos on my laptop earlier. it is neat so far.

>learn OS

It gets hate because it's not much more than a few themes and the devs guilt trip for donations pretty hard. It's a bit unreasonable given how much more (subjectively, I suppose, but it's a hard sell) important work goes unappreciated and unrecognized.

I did donate $5

screenfetch is deprecated, why are you not using neofetch? and why don't you simply install a package instead of wgetting a bash script from github and making it +x???

Nice. Consider installing elementaryPlus and elementary Tweaks.

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you’re referring to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I’ve recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX. Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called “Linux”, and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project. There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine’s resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called “Linux” distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.

It's retarded to like computers

linuxcommand.org/tlcl.php
Grab the free PDF; have fun.

Did you miss the "linux for the first time" part?

Use repos if possible to get software by the way.

that's literally the most fucking complex way of installing screenfetch I have ever seen.

you know you could just do "sudo apt install screenfetch", right?

We did it reddit!!!!

shuddup jordan, I can like whoever and whatever I want

No, it's not gnu plus linux. It's barely a fraction on a system which has to be GNU.

git clone neofetch
cd neofetch
checkinstall

half Sup Forums is unemployed mass of shitters who don't work with any kind of software, so they need an OS to "master" and feel good about themselves

Good for you, user. There seems to be very little people who genuinely have fun using Linux. Learn more and you won't regret, because
retards like this are everywhere.
But there is a constant shortage of people who know and like Linux.

>shortage of people who know and like Linux.
>implying anyone needs them

>1366x768

You'll fit right in using Linux.

but I was enjoying reading through LPIC-1 and doing the exercises

I don't get this meme. GNU/Linux is incredibly fun to use, especially since the degree of customization allows you to learn way more about your computer than on Windows.

>fatal: repository 'neofetch' does not exist
screenfetch is better anyways

charge your battery

>Elmntry O's

>linux
>fun

>the degree of customization

Customize it to have decent font rendering LMAO

>he fell for the MUH DEPRECASHUN! meme
It works for him, that's what matters.

>this is what mactoddlers believe

:'(