ITT suprising things you lesrned while studying a langauge

>mfw i found out all "v" sounds are actually "b" in spanish

>ll sounds like a Y mixed with a half-assed J or Ch

ja-ja-ja is actually just ha-ha-ha

>words have genders, you have to refer to people with gendered pronouns

English is actually retarded

I used to have a few Turkish friends and they'd start telling stories and mix up their he and shes every other sentence. Good times.

>vast majority of languages uses plural to denote respect

I've been having nightmares and dreams ever since I started reviewing all my notes and practice before going to bed.

>"th" in english stand for dental fricatives

The j is a bit stronger than the h. But spaniards can't into soft h so they will pronounce h like j, always.

It's funnier in spanish because they can and will fuck up in literally every sentence. Anglos too.

>muh softness

glottal h is disgusting and some mongs happen to fucking voice it like Czechs

what the fug

It used to be the letter thorn, but th eventually replaced it.

>vague stuff about this land was written in these old books
>it's ours!

>english pronunciation makes no sense
>it's virtually impossible how to pronunce a word if you have just read it, or how to write it if you have just heard it

Here in Italy the plural to denote respect is regarded as very old and outdated and now use the third person.

It's "important" because some languages have both the soft and the strong sound.

what? you know this is a thread about languages you retard

>though, throw, thought, through, taught
What the fuck

Same in spain, kinda, except argies who use a bastardized version. Not even for formal, it's the normal form for them.

>Russians have trouble saying unstressed "o"

That triggers me a lot

okay

>hey guys we revived hebrew
>we totally didn't make it sound european

they didn't
changed the syntax a bit so it works a little slavic now

>says the guy with the even more fucked up xa-xa-xa

Im really sorry a bunch of German speaking cunts cant sound like Abdullah from Medina, boo hoo wah
fuck off
slavic? how is Hebrew in any way a 'little Slavic'

changed the default sentence order

it affected the entirety of syntax

Xa xa xa is just ha ha ha?

Fuck.

what did you say about me you little hovno?

We have no "h" in Cyrillic alphabet and use "х" instead while spaniards use Latin alphabet

go away you baby language user

take Polish words, use them in an absurd context, slap baby sounds on them - poof here's Czech

is SVO exclusive to Slavic languages? that is the only major change in Hebrew

Yeah few years ago I also thought russians had a sort of evil laughter.

this little change reshaped generative syntax trees considerably

haha funny you say that but honestly Polish is such a meme language bastardised by German and Russian words
atleast we speak true and original slavic language unlike you kikes

It's still beyond fucked up m8. You can't laugh with A FUCKING X

>it's good to be primitive

they pronounce it chhhh like when you have cough and want to spit

ok? it's not Slavic in any way,

>Polák
>tells a member of civilized nation he is primitive

look at yourself and than speak about others my god

I know, doesn't change how it looks

H is mute in spanish. Ha ha ha would sound like you're fucking or something in Spain (actually no but only because people knows english).

as in eksa-ksa-ksa-ksa-ksa? Damn sounds sinister indeed

Ben-Yehuda worked with Jews from Slavlands though

no need to call me god, pan is more than enough

Actually I believed it sounded like cha cha cha, which is a kind of dance here, so it was a nice laugh.

Has there ever been a serious proposal to remove the letter all together?

so? Jew from Poland =/= Polish speaker

The same used to be the case in English where Thou was the second person singular and You the plural. People then started using You as a more formal way adressing people while Thou was reserved for informal use only (like modern day tu/vous in French) untill Thou eventually fell completely out of use (except in a few dialects) in favour of singular You. So now people need to use You Guys/You People/Y'all when they need to stress that they're talking to a group of people instead of one single person.

The same development has happened in other languages, sometimes multiple times in a row

Why would we do that?

yeah I'm sure he spoke Pashto

go unclog somebody's else toilet you disgusting permadrunk wor
I wish you'd just sink into the sea so we have a nice coastline already

ever heard of this little thing called Yiddish?

>words have genders
>usually, you cant change the order of words (like in english it must be subject+verb+object)
>x is actually a rough "h" in ex-soviets
>rules doesnt affect the whole words. there are some "irregular" words (come--->came not comed)

like in english
you have to GUESS the pronounce of written words WTF? WHATS THE POINT OF WRITING THEN????

Becuase it serves no purpose. Mute letters in most other languages still change the sound of the letters before or after, and/or produce sound in some words

There was a venezuelan linguist named Andrés Bello who set up a spelling reform which eliminated the silent H amongst other things and it was sorta popular in Latin-America for a short while ages ago

What is Etymology, friendo?

H is necessary in words like ahora. It also shows words where pronunced as "f" in the past like hierro which can be useful because there's related words like ferroso.

It's you who mixed up Greek χ and ξ, not us

>the pronoun for he/she in Chinese is the same pronunciation but with different characters
>knowing whether the subject is for a male or female is contextual

>four slav-born PMs
>guy who revived the language was a slav and worked with slavs

>Slav-born
'slav' is not a place, nor does being born in a Poland a Slav, funny how you people count Jews as one of the people only when it suits your argument.
>guy who revived the language was a slav and worked with slavs
so what, dipshit? their first language was Yiddish, a GERMANIC language
and some did speak Polish, that however does not make Hebrew Polish
He didn't implent Ashkenazi pronunciation into Hebrew, otherwise you'd have 7 seven vowels and not 5, and you'd see the High Germanic Consonant shift take effect in Hebrew

It always makes me smile when non-natives complain about the unstressed "o", while almost every vowel reduces to shit when it's not stressed or pretonic.

ksa ksa ksa

>foreigners cannot into genders and dual