IPad 120hz

Sup Forums told me anything above 60fps was a meme

Why is Sup Forums always wrong?

Everything is a meme until Apple does it, then it's suddenly not a meme. Same thing happened with retina displays.

Apple is the first to market with a color display.

Retina is a meme, it means nothing

yea I meant high res displays in general

More like, High Red display with a fuckhuge DPI scale negating Amy benefit of the screen besides barely noticeable clarity

That slide means nothing.

Oh and unless you do hardcore gaming on a ipad it is useless eyecandy that forces the gpu to work harder and drain your battery.
Also expect the possibility of the screen getting hot.

120hz makes sense since it divides with common framerates like 24/30/60... 144 Hz is fucking retarded

i love my ipad pro 2

>pushing the market towards high dpi displays by using an easily recognized and retard-friendly term like "retina" is a meme
wew lad I know apple products are expensive but that doesn't mean you have to hate them.

confirmed fag

>This graph again
Apple pls

sorry but I like nice things ^_^

Movie frame rate
>23.976
23.976*6=143.856
Rounded up is 144.

23.976*5=119.88
rounded up to 120.

Both are valid for whatever you want and 144 is simply a bit smoother.

Do you consider other mens anuses a nice thing? You seem to.

144 is a nicer looking number than 120. 128 would be nicer than 144.

>meansuring refresh rates with graphics
what the fuck.

>Do you consider other mens anuses a nice thing? You seem to.

sorry but I'm straight ^_^ I just like crossdressing :3c

The only reason that 120hz is better than 60fps is when watching 24fps video since it is evenly divisible. On a TV 120hz would be a minimum but on a tablet no one cares.

What makes you think it isn't?
Let's look at that slide...
They have intentionally colored their bar to imply vibrancy and feature. "Better", if you will.
They then do the classic Apple slide of needlessly putting bars which actually show you NO information. Just a bar that is longer than another and then some numbers that, to the average joe (their target consumer), mean nothing.

It's also variable refresh rate dependent on what's going on on the display.

It's also arguably pointless as the IGZO displays have a 8ms g2g response.

FINALLY. Just because Apple does something doesn't mean that it is in any way suddenly worthwhile and important.

It's called a chart, retard

how does it feel being so poor you can't even use high res images on the internet

Sorry, smartass.

Sent from my iPhone.

when'd you get yours? I got mine back in March and it was lifechanging desu

>120hz for smoother drawing
>Delay is still longer than 16ms (60fps)

Neat marketing gimmick, they probably just got those screens for cheap and thought "why not"

I can afford one...but i'm gay

>2012/2013

sad!

About a month ago. I have an ipad pro, and it's really nice to be able to switch between listening to music on my phone - > watching videos on my ipad while sitting on the bus without changing any wires. Everyone loves to talk shit but I really like em.

Can confirm this screen is dope.

264ppi wide colour gamut and adaptive 120hsrefresh rate and ambient sensing adaptive colour profile in a portable computer is every bit as amazing as it sounds. Only thing it’s missing is OLED otherwise the literal perfect display

Will there ever be oled in an appel device?

Now this is comfy

t. iPad Pro 2 12.9” 512GB

>ambient sensing adaptive colour profile
kek, it's shit then

POO IN LOO

can be disabled easily, cry more faggot

You can turn it off for colour work, it’s nice for reading out in the beach though

Can easily be disabled from cc

oh no, crying a river right now! Why can't I buy expensive Apple shit???

>35 replies

Poojeet poo in loo virgins are too fucking easy.

I can laugh in your shit eating faces and tell you I'm trolling and you'll still virgin rage 300 replies at me.

>lol haha i dont care at all
>heres all these posts about how indifferent i am
>LMAO couldnt care less
>haha who needs apple
>h-hey doesn't anyone notice how little I care?

i hope that this makes 120hz screens mainstream now. most screens have been only 60hz after crts.

>it was merely an act

With what iOS came this night mode?

iOS 9.3 on March 21, 2016

That’s what Linus said. If the iPhone 8 gets 120hz too, everyone’s going to do it

hell, if the iphone 8 does it, i might actually have a reason to try them again after the 4s i had.

> Linus

Literally who

120hz

PenisTechTips

It's still a meme

YouTube guy? I thought his name was Luke

144 exists because 72 Hz per eye was the lowest refresh rate Nvidia thought they could get away with for 3D shutter glasses 15 years ago, before anyone realized that high refresh rate 2D was much more useful/enjoyable.

A tech reviewer who has about 1million people reach, now who are you?

this thread is about apple not microsoft

They just know their idiot customers