Why, just why.

no

Fuck off shill.

>700€ outdated ARM shit

x86 in anything mobile with good battery life
AHAHAHHAHAAAHHAHAJ
hold up
AHAHAHAH

What the fuck are you talking about? Are all Pandora faggots this delusional?

>he thinks architecture alone plays a role in effectiveness
Yeah, "AHAHA" and all that shit. Stick your 2010 ARM SoC back up your arse and go suck Evil Dragons dick.

He is cute

Is there anything like this that's actually usable?

Smallest thing I have that's usable and has a keyboard is my fucking x220.

>inb4 Zipit z2

Celeron N2840 in the Acer Chromebook CB3 got 11 hours of battery life in an 11" notebook factor

Gpd pocket, pic related is their product description

Looks neat. w2c?

Why is there so much Pyra shilling lately? Are they finally realizing that nobody with a brain takes this directionless piece of cheap looking, outdated shit seriously?

I unironically want to buy one of these, and I bet many other people too

>0.01 cents have been deposited into your shared Patreon

So it isn't for sale?

this is why Apple makes money

They come up with better designs than this

google it you fucking newfag

they probably realized there's 0 market for this device when you can get the same experience with a phone and bluetooth controller

> dead on arrival already
Yet another product that ships 7 years too late.
Like the Open Pandora

Fuck I hate this shitty argument most of the time but you're not even wrong, it's just a cheap SBC in a slightly less amateur-ish portable case with gamer shit gimping that carries none of the appeal of the oldschool palmtops and PDAs and none of the power or versatility of an actual UMPC.

Why would they use standard DEs on these things? If you're going to put this much time into a product it shouldn't be that difficult to put some time into making a UI that's nice for small screens.

Is it out yet?

The Pandora/Pyra saga has always lingered in the back of my head. There were a few times I was thinking of throwing the - what - £400 at a Pandora? But I never did. Then they stopped making them and just kept promising the Pyra soon. Now I no longer get student loans thrown at me like bricks at scab taxis on a picket line, so it's not an option. Honestly I thought it'd never come out and would wind up pending forever, or trapped with a permanet backlog.

And now the GPD Win is a thing (albeit a weird Chinese thing that won't run Windows 7.) one can't help but feel a little sceptical, which is a shame because "Like a laptop but fits in your pocket" is my favourite form-factor.

Best 500-700 EUR laptop, niggers?

They have for their open pandora and will have for the pyra too, but the appeal is you can switch between a real de and another interface freely

A regular DE is completely stupid at that size, though. Why do most of their promotional pics seem to have it?

I mean, even if I were to do things like development on it, I'd expect a different visual environment just because of how I'd expect to use it.

>Using Google

It's still better than 99.99% of smartphones' keyboards.

>Why do most of their promotional pics seem to have it?
To advertise its capabilities

It's not that hard to find something that smells better than shit, but it doesn't mean you pay $700 to eat it.

I never said anything about it being a good purchase, I said its keyboard is great compared anything that's not a BlackBerry.

Josh Greenlaw

C'mon man, respond. I haven't seen you in years

Seb

/diy/ thread for days

sure I can give you that, just don't know if that's a great defense when it could still be way better

(You) can change it.

Made in Germany, poorfag.

>It's the year 2011+6
>Build an ultra portable device from scratch
>Obviously targeted at nerds and enthusiasts of this kinda thing
>Use a screen that's about as large as the screen of a Smartphone
>Use a fucking TN panel
>While every goddamn consumer grade shitphone for $50 has IPS

Why for the love of god?

For that price it could use latest Atom instead of ARMshit. And it still would be too fucking expensive.

>The Pandora/Pyra saga has always lingered in the back of my head.
What Pyra saga? The guys been delivering frequent and transparent updates from the start.

It's not. It's "assembled" there.

Way too late, way too shit for it's price, GPD also beat them, they where too late after the failure of Pandora, even if it was a good machine at it's time.