ITX builds are a scam, they have much shorter lives than normal PCs

Remember when I posted that I bought this with a i7-6700 and 1060 GTX a few months ago? It cost me $1200 out the door. I had a minor complaint that it gets ridiculously hot playing games, it would top out at 90 degrees on the CPU and GPU.

ASUS assured me that this is normal with this machine.

Now however I managed to get 85 degrees just watching youtube. ASUS finally said that it is not normal and shipped me a box. Now it is headed to them to figure out what's wrong.

Again DO NOT DO ITX BUILDS YOUR COMPONENTS WILL NOT BE ABLE TO HANDLE THE HEAT.

you're just retarded man, SFB in actually good cases are pretty good and how do you fucking expect such a shitty case to be able to handle an i7 6700 and a GTX 1060 without getting hot as fuck? if you built your own ITX rig you'd see how cool it could run if you had any skill in doing so.

If the professionals couldn't do it what makes you think some virgin in his basement could do better.

The cleveland browns are professionals, doesnt mean they know how to do anything

ITX doesnt always have to be book-size.

Your sample size of one has completely convinced me not to buy ITX.
Fucking kill yourself you dumb piece of shit.

He's got a point

you dumb shit, itx has better airflow then anything else, because there are fewer hot air pockets with proper exhaust fans

Why? Did you buy a pre-built or just got a shitty case? I have an old Q9300 and a HD7770, with a Jury rigged CPU fan from a spare 80mm and got a cheap Chink ITX case for $50. Never had issues running games when the usage was at 100%, at most I'd get 65C.

The only issue is the case, I'm guessing or the airflow, because those older Radeon are retardedly hot.

My ITX build has no problems with heat with either of the video cards I've had in it.

6700k with an rx480 or a gtx1080 depending on my mood

This is why you should build your own pc and not some shitty pre-built.

Does this look like an ITX motherboard to you?
Protip: it's not. You bought some proprietary shitbox made by ASUS with a completely proprietary laptop-esque cooling system, and it fucked up on you. Blame ASUS for their poor engineering and/or QC. This has literally NOTHING to do with the mini-ITX motherboard form factor.

why did Sup Forums had to invade Sup Forums?

>SODIMM
>No PCH Heatsink
>2 MOSFETs per Phase
>3.5" HDD right next to Mobo and GPU
K E K
E
K

fans need to be close to a grid, and PSU must be able to fart hot air out the ass, that's it...if the case does not have these reqs, fuck it and fuck you...I remember a case which resembled XBone's case, but the grid was placed no a completely fucked up place, GPU was basically dead on day one...anyway, mid tower will never give you a problem, go for small builds only if they're actually made to cash out heat right away, or just cram the motherfucker with holes where needed, should be more than enough

>still rocking an i7-3770 on a P8H77-i

cuck yourself.

This.
Cram little holes to let the air pass through

You're a fucking retard. You bought a pre-built.

The pros only want your money.
"ITX-size" is subjective. Some provide much better cooling.

guys, he bought a pre-built, he probably can't even use a screwdriver, let alone cramming holes

Shouldn't have bought a Asus prebuilt pc

Ugh, stuffed ITX cases always makes me get a hard on.

Pic is of my FreeNAS build.

The current version of ASUS' mini PCs have the video card in a proprietary formfactor too.

>prebuilt
I wonder what went wrong

Your issue is with Anus not ITXs, silly Sup Forumstard.

Are you dumb?
Perhaps you lack the ability to express yourself properly by backing your claims up with proof.

>putting in a fucking 3.5" HDD into a case of that size
>putting it next to GPU
Absolute madmen.

This. ITX builds are fine if there's actually space for air in your case.

>Better put on my name and tripcode so that my sick burn carries the FULL weight of Nigger !!21SpEzzSQgf

Why not just buy a gamur laptop at that point. At least you can get a fan cooling pad to move some circulation around there.

You're getting a new one for free shinee

The problem is your shitty pre-built. You Fucked up on cpu choice too.

Nothing wrong with itx.

>prebuilt
On you, retard.

In reality, the problem is your case, form factor, and cooling, which is ASUS' fault- not your motherboard.

Why you'd want to shove a bunch of overpowered gaymer hardware into a suitcase is beyond me.

I use a Mini ITX motherboard and case for a core duo Netflix machine in my living room (my only computer other than my laptop) and with the magic of SSDs is now 5 years old and still going strong.

You bought a shitty pre-built with a plastic case and it was shit so all

DON'T BUILD ITX GUYS LIKE I DIDN'T DO

I BOUGHT MINE

all prebuilts suffer from poor temps, no matter the size

I don't seem to have any problems with my itx. These ugly brown fans seems to cool the case pretty well.

It's also 80 degrees in my room because Commiefornia and summer.

>buying a prebuilt

That looks like a normal GPU with a riser card
laptop fan is a nice joke though

This is not ITX, what OP means is SFF or small form factor. Yours is bigger than most ATX cases now a days.

>bigger than most ATX cases now a days
But that's not true at all.

>Yours is bigger than most ATX cases now a days
Ignorant ATX pleb detected.

retard. don't buy a case built by a company that makes shitty laptops and monitors. the fractal design node 202 is the best case i've ever owned and it runs cool as fcuk. i even had i7-7700K clocked to 4.8 GHz with no issue with a cryorig c7.

Are you fucking stupid OP? Of course you shouldn't buy a meme gaymen box, but build the ITX system yourself so you can assure good enough cooling for everything and you can replace individual parts easily if something does break. Pic related, my comfy 11 liter gaming and VM capable system.

>prebuilt
>gay mink

Why do you switch graphics cards depending on your mood?

Are you sometimes just really in the mood to play choppy low fps games, and at other times super in the mood for a nice smooth experience?

If you're intelligent you'd put a computer closet in your house and build your PC into a 4-5U chassis with the fastest fans available. Then use fiber to deliver connectivity to the rooms where they're needed.

if asus admits theres a problem then its obviously not consistent with the experiences others have had with the same machine.

However, its a prebuilt. An actual sff build would be larger, and as a result, would have better airflow. Not that size is the issue as the mac pro manages much higher heat components with no issues.

TL;DR: You're are retarded

It's my second pc senpai

Sometimes I don't want to use it as a gaymen rig (its original purpose, but it's being used as htpc for now) so I swap the 1080 into my main/work pc

>tfw no home rack
kinda want this after i buy a house so i can stack the bulk of my shit in there and keep the rest of the house tidy

M1 best case
I threw down shekels for a Dan A4 in the next production run too

Ugh that's so ugly they can't even do white right, they tried to make plastic look like a fucking Macbook.

The professionals cut every corner possible to get profit margins. Why exactly are you expecting them to do a good job?

It doesn't help that prebuild computers have a long history of being shoddily built and unreliable.

That happened because you have fucking autism a bought a pre-built pc that isn't even worth it, with a decent ITX build you can do whatever.

>Asus has shit engineering on a low-volume product.
>ALL MINI ITX IS BROKEN GUISE!!

what case?

That's a Fractal Node 304

>buying anything asus
>blame the whole industry standard instead of the builder

My small Alienware Aurora R5 does not have this problem.

>getting a prebuilt computer
that is where you screwed up user

you have much worse to deal with anyway

>own a SG13
>have zero problems

non-shoebox sized case owners are really missing out. I took mine on a plane no problem

>buys a tiny shit box with no visible fans
>expects it to not run hot
You had it coming.

What case? Also why didn't you get fans that match the case color? You spent so much on components but then cheaped out on the fans.

>cheaped out
Mate those are Noctuas, some of the priciest (and best) fans on the market.

Case is the NCASE M1.

He might have cheaped out but it seems to be keeping the component cooled. I bet they are loud...