Have you guys ever though about turning a bus into your personal tech-limo?

Have you guys ever though about turning a bus into your personal tech-limo?

Its got the space, the power, it would be amazing for long commutes. Install a couple of WAPS and bingo. Thoughts?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=o7X2nOtwdUM
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Couple? You'd only need one. And honestly, it'd need one of those aussie gigabit networking routers from cell towers.

4g would be right.

This is the idea of the tech shuttles in SF. Because if you're on a long commute, wifi doesn't matter unless someone is driving for you.
The local luddites hated them though.

Unless you were talking about living on a bus? Because that's a whole new set of problems

>The local luddites hated them though.
nah they probably just hated that someone priced them out of their own home so they could browse Sup Forums and post on goybook on the move

No, I have never thought about that before.

>License to drive a large vehicle
>License to carry passengers on large vehicle
>Road tax increases with emissions
>Six wheels to maintain/replace instead of four
>Space to park, especially long term
>Fuel economy
>Insurance
>Initial cost to buy
>Security
No way would it ever work. The only viable option if you want something of this nature is a boat.

That would be overkill for me as I have no friends and would probably never have the money.

A van battlestation makes far more sense to me.

Also, when the inevitable race comes, a van would be more practical for survival because it would be more mobile, fuel-efficient, and easier to modify.

Those are money related. Of course they would work if you had it

If I had all that money why would i want to live on a freaking bus.

>run out of fuel
>cant run because youre a lardass
>get eaten
I hope you run regularly if youre going to bring that arguement up

>Thoughts?

80% of Sup Forums could never afford a bus
97% of Sup Forums could never get a license to drive a bus

Why not just get an RV?

maybe they should fucking learn something useful and quit being a retarded noskill leech

>have battleship
>it's really just a boat but with my battlestation in it
>just drifting around
>something suddenly slams into the side
>hull penetration, shit is sinking
>oh god oh man I'm nowhere near the shore
>hastily inflate rubber dingy
>throw it in the water half-inflated because running out of time
>it floats away so now I can't reach it
>hastily grab random parts of my battlestation and try tossing them in the rubber dingy
>fuck up half my throws, fucking triple monitor setup in the water
>computer is too heavy for the half-inflated dingy so it just kinda sinks, should've made a miniITX build
>boat is seconds away from becoming submerged, fucking NAS with all my hentai is still inside
>rush in to get it, water is flowing in from everywhere
>nearly drown myself trying to get NAS and keep it above water
>too late
>boat is submerging like a sub with me on deck
>get pulled under because lolphysics
>my fucking nas is also pulled into the depths
>all my fucking lolishit is gone now
>fucking drowning because can't swim for shit
>screaming underwater intensifies
>suddenly hear something
>HAROLD STOP GETTING WATER EVERYWHERE
>HAROLD FOR FUCKS SAKE
>get up, it was all imagination
>I was sperging in a baby pool with all my stuff in it
>everything ruined by the water
>components all over the place
>fucking autism

Boats, never again.

9/10 thanks for the keks

Where U gonna park the fucker?

You know you're going to have to drive it yourself, right? Why would you choose to drive a bus over a normal car?

Fuel un-economy is more like it. Those things eat 40 liters to 100 km on the road. The city busses, stopping and starting all the time, are at 60 l/100 km.

Leave the engine on to run the ac because you'll die in 5 minutes if parked in the sun.

It's not "space to park", it's "impossible to park" in any civilized city at least (3rd world might work tho). If you go to a bus rest area, in 5 minutes a parking employee will want to see your license to carry passengers and your permit to park at bus parking. You just can't park there because you drive a bus, no sir. Good luck parking in the outskirts and then getting transportation to the center.

Security. A bum need only to throw a rock to get away with thousands in laptops, audio equipment, screens, etc. Stay parked in the same place for 4 days and pray all you know while you are away.

You forgot mechanical maintenance. You think you can just drop in at "Joe's" for a clutch change? You think you can play this as if it were a car, and not visit the shop until something breaks, because a car gan get towed? A bus cannot get towed without insane money, and few companies have the capability. Pay more. Not many can work on any buss. Pay more. Tow it to the appropriate workshop. You live in the bus? Sorry mate, get a hotel room while we work on it.

It doesn't have six wheels, it has ten, the ones in the back are doubled. You know every tire costs 600-1000 dollars right? Want to change them? Workshop. Don't think you can do it.

Etc, etc. You just don't have the money.

I bought a 35' RV, honestly after paying for gas to go anywhere I could stay at a pretty nice hotel. Not to mention driving it is a pain, just getting gas is a hassel. Also have fun taking it anywhere downtown off the highway.

A bus would be the dream, but stupidly expensive, hard to repair and generally a nightmare.

Vastly simpler, cheaper and easier to build is a truck trailer and steel frame, then get hammering them wood panels on.
Tiny Homes are much more affordable and can be customized even more so than bus frames. (even though I have seen some top-tier bus-home designs!)
Of course, even that is still going to be expensive as a bus to run, and still has parking issues.

So, we come to the humble transit.
Preferably the small shuttle bus ones, but a standard transit will do fine.
Much easier to work with, easier to park, easier to repair, much cheaper, still a fair bit of space inside.
Also, there is a potential good thing about this shuttle, you actually COULD use one part of it as a limo.
You could keep the back bit as a home, use front for driving people around.
Ultimate in travel-based living.

Mercedes sprinter van is the way to go. Google "sprinter van mobile office" images. Small enough to drive anywhere, don't need special license.

What the fuck are you talking about. A "nice hotel" where? in Mogadishu? Fuel to go "anywhere" cannot be more than 75-100 dollas per week. A hotel is going to cost much more.

15 year old light trucks are heavy to drive, but modern ones are as easy as cars. The idea is, anyway, not to drive them a lot. So I don't know where your numbers come from unless you pretend to have been driving 300 Km/day.

Have a recent school bus conversion from the Aussieman

youtube.com/watch?v=o7X2nOtwdUM

I quite like this design.
Only downside is the lack of space for the kid as it will grow.
Someone suggested something like redesigning the bathroom to make it all inside a shower space, a large walk-in shower-space so that it can be shrunk by about 50% length-ways, opening up much-needed space for a bigger bed and a wall divider for privacy.
Of course, whether they'll stay on the bus as the kid grows is another question.

In which parts of the world must an engineer sign off the modifications you want to do in a car (ie removing the seats in an old bus, installing tanks, sinks, etc), so it is legal to drive on public roads?

I've got no idea.
I think in some countries any mods are fine as long as the roll-cage is left intact.
You'd then take it to your vehicle registration entity, let them check it over, given the stamp and you're golden.

this mod

7/5

Keep the bathroom but ditch the bar and bench seating for captain's chairs and a battle station