Why does Sup Forums hate gaming and technology related to gaming?

Why does Sup Forums hate gaming and technology related to gaming?

You can't discuss anything gaming related without shitposters telling you to go back to Sup Forums

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=oMNFoNtKCR8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

go back to Sup Forums

>Why does Sup Forums hate gaming and technology related to gaming?
Because Sup Forumstards are idiots

>You can't discuss anything gaming related without shitposters telling you to go back to Sup Forums
Because this is not a gaming board and thus, comparing technology with the arguement "it gets more fps in muh gaymen" doesnt belong here

Its a waste of time

Because Sup Forums can't run games on their linux machines

>Because this is not a gaming board and thus, comparing technology with the arguement "it gets more fps in muh gaymen" doesnt belong here

Its a technology board you stupid fuck, its perfectly Sup Forums related to discuss differing performance in games

ACKCHYUALLY IT'S GNU/LINUX YOU WINTODDLER

Sup Forums only care about muh game fps

youtube.com/watch?v=oMNFoNtKCR8

>Inb4 "I'd like to interject and bla bla bla GNU/Linux"

A fair amount of Sup Forums does play games. The main reason it's negative stigma if you do, is because collective hive mind of Sup Forums over time has made it so playing games is only for literal & figurative children.
For the most part, there's nothing wrong with enjoying some games, so long as it isn't all you do with your life. If you casually played a bit of Dark Souls a few hours ago, sure, if you enjoy it, then good for you.
This board should be specifically for technology. As it currently is, it's more or less a mixture of consumerism, mindless shilling, and gaming.
>inb4 go back to Sup Forums

there would be no problem if these "gaming related technology" threads would be about gaming related technology.but you are not talking about AI algorithms,rendering methods,grapihcal tools and libraries you only talk about which fucking video card is the big shit now.one day its the nvidia gtx ultra-super ninja titan alpha ti 1080 or the amd smoke signals rx 580 or whatever the fuck.you dont talk about the things i described earlier because most of you here dont know shit about programming.you are Sup Forumsermin who think they belong here just because they like vidya gaymes.of course you cant have a proper conversation about v-sync implementations and alike because you actually dont know jack shit about "gaming technology" you just want to pretend that you are some whizz kid whose gonna be a video game programmer when you grow up.

no because muh gaymen is le optimised for x gpjew

I

freetards BTFO

Because they're faggots. Look at all the non-gaming related threads. Its all the same regurgitated garbage and generals with the technological depth of a puddle anyway.

The day gaming tech is interfering with original and thought provoking technology threads is the day it should be dismissed.

AMDposters did this. Now Sup Forums is fine with just the Sup Forumstier shit that does alright on amd.

Newsflash; the board is Sup Forums - technology
Not Sup Forums - programming

newsflash:how many fps you have in calloduuty is not technology

But I don't talk about how much FPS I've got, I talk about the technological advancements behind the GPU itself. I look at talk about how those technological advancements change things - and yes, that means seeing the performance via FPS, but that's not all.
So yes, talking about the frames per second you receive over a range of cards over a range of titles IS technology, because you're plotting out their respective performance.

But I won't bother replying to more posts from you, since its pointless to try and educate a retard or fight with a troll.

>why does a board hate talking about a topic that is loosely related to it while said topic has its own board
GEE user I WONDER WHY YOU MOUTH BREATHING REDDITFAG
ARE YOU ALSO GOING TO ASK WHY WE DONT TALK ABOUT CAR NAVIGATION SYSTEMS

>You can't discuss anything gaming-related on a non-gaming board without people telling you to post it on a gaming board

We don't. Discussion about games just doesn't belong on Sup Forums for the same reason why discussion about cars doesn't: There's a different board for that.

/thread

gaming isnt the same since everything became online multiplayer bullshit.

>"buy" game
>install
>wont run unless you create account
>wont run unless connected to internet
>create account and enable wifi
>start game
>required updates dialog
>1 hour download of updates
>lose interest in game
>cant refund because you never really owned it

It's kindof like how Sup Forums thinks all miners should be shot because they can't get their precious midrange card for overwatch at 200fps.

>Sup Forums is one person

I don't hate gaming

Holy kek that was fast

i have a core i7 3.4Ghz 6gb ram and 2gb vram and 2tb HDD WHY WONT THIS GAME PLAY? gosh it jsut fuckin lags and all!! wtf devs are so lazy today OPTIMISE UR GAMES i can make a better optimised game in RPG maker !!! this is why i prefer my xbox one it plays ALL my games max in 4k at 60hz

get a grip losers !!!

CPU/GPU's are technology. Get over yourselves.

Honestly yeah I think its probably this.

Games are a great way to relax sometimes. I spend 5 days a week rafactoring other peoples shitty code, I need to relax after that.

too true