/spg/ - Smartphone General

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget and size.

Good resources:
>reviews, specs, comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com

>Frequency checker
willmyphonework.net
frequencycheck.com

>Chinkphone news
gizchina.com
gizmochina.com

>Recommended Chinkphones $80-$300 as of a long time ago (outdated)
wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Chink_shit_general/Phones

>Post a mini-review of your phone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone
>PRAISE THE CHINKPHONES unless you live in America you shits

>News:
It's official: Galaxy Note 7 is coming back as the Galaxy Note Fan Edition on July 7
androidcentral.com/its-official-galaxy-note-7-returns-galaxy-note-fan-edition

Lenovo’s Moto X4 Tipped to Arrive on Google’s Project Fi in Q4 2017
xda-developers.com/lenovos-moto-x4-tipped-to-arrive-on-googles-project-fi-in-q4-2017/

Confirmed: OnePlus 5's Display is Upside-Down - Likely Causes Jelly Scrolling
xda-developers.com/confirmed-oneplus-5-display-upside-down-likely-reason-jelly-scrolling/

Sony to unveil flagship smartphone with 6" 18:9 screen at IFA, rumor says
gsmarena.com/sony_to_unveil_flagship_smartphone_with_6_189_screen_at_ifa_rumor_says-news-25940.php

Sharp is launching a pair of totally bezeless phones in mid-July
androidauthority.com/sharp-bezeless-phones-784259/

LG G6 Mini to Launch as LG Q6 with 18:9 Screen, 3 GB RAM, Single Camera
gizmochina.com/2017/07/02/lg-g6-mini-launch-lg-q6-189-screen-3-gb-ram-single-camera/

old

Other urls found in this thread:

coolicool.com/lenovo-zuk-z2-4gb-ram-64gb-rom-qualcomm-snapdragon-820-215ghz-quad-core-50-inch-25d-ltps-lcd-fhd-g-43642?gclid=Cj0KCQjws-LKBRDCARIsAAOTNd7-qzUVw7Z2y4-JGkkesmUT-v-gEJAkUiemcLjlsOtXnccli-nHJWsaAuLnEALw_wcB#Reviews
kimovil.com/en/where-to-buy-xiaomi-mi5-64gb
banggood.com/Xiaomi-Redmi-Note-4-Global-Edition-5_5-inch-4GB-RAM-64GB-ROM-Snapdragon-625-Octa-core-4G-Smartphone-p-1148122.html
flash.newegg.com/Product/9SIAAM85K76047
gearbest.com/cell-phones/pp_452989.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

is the Xiaomi Redmi Note 4X the best chinkphone out there? Reposting for more responses

>tfw trying for 2 days to salvage a bricked phone

Holy shit, it's infuriating.

Anyone have any hands-on experience with the Huawei Mate 9?

What's the best

I was wondering what y'all thought about the LG V20, HTC 10, and Pixel XL. I purchased the latter to give it a whirl, and because I wanted the option to use Project Fi if Verizon starts to bore me.

The DACs on the HTC 10, and LG V20 are very interesting to me, however, and I was just wondering if y'all thought that would outweigh the possibility of Project Fi & stock Android.

As far as I can tell the Sony Xperia XZ Premium is the best Android phone after the S8 so far this year.

Outside of the style with the big bezels, is there a reason why I shouldn't get it ?

There's even a dual SIM version, and I read you can enable the fingerprint sensor by flashing the ROM?

zuk z2 pro

What is the Sup Forums approved screen protector for the Oneplus 3t? I'd prefer something self healing and doesn't need to cure 24 hours after installation. Thanks!

>he fell for the smartphone meme

Too small battery for sd820

Just bought the S7 Edge did I fuck up? I didn't want an iPhone and OP5 and S8 were both failures

Coming from an iPhone 5

No, but it's probably best bang for buck.

gtfo flip-phone spammer

Then what could be for less than say $200 (what I see it being sold for at most)

lasts me 2 days on a charge, also has fast charge, of all the things i don't give a shit about, battery capacity i care about the least

Asian boobs vs Asian ass

>S8
>failure
lol ok

not chink, but nokia 6 is slightly more expensive (unless you're in US and have amazon prime). It's better choice if you want better camera (flagship tier) but weaker Soc (not that most people need top Soc anymore now that phone chips are more than good enough for anything besides gaming and niche activities) and smaller battery.

Well I care about battery efficiency and I'm not cuck like you who needs sd820 for shitty mobile games. I look for something with sd625.

S8 has the retarded Bixby button, and apparently its very easy to crack the screen

The processor really makes me concerned, with a Snapdragon 425 Idk about it

Is the OP5 crap?

I have a 410 phone and it's enough for me already when it comes to speed
YMMV
Buy Xiaomeme if you don't care about camera

Yes and why would you want phone with inverted screen?

Neither of those are enough to warrant it a failure. The phone has sold extremely well and essentially set a standard for this year's flagships.

And, as an S8+ owner, I've never had too much trouble with the Bixby button, and the screen is no easier to crack than any other smartphone.

OP5 LG G6 or Xiaomi Mi6

After 18+ months with the Nexus 6P, dealing with constant battery issues and a cracked screen, I am looking for a replacement.

What I'm looking for:

- Works with T-Mobile towers and potential network expansion.
- $400-500 price range
- Guaranteed update to Android O
- Decently sturdy (I love how well the N6P aluminum body held up).
- Fingerprint scanner
- USB Type-C with Fast Charging
- 3-4GB of RAM
- 32-64GB internal storage (N6P was 64GB model)
- Reliable manufacturer hardware support
- Unlocked, will be buying outright.

Optional:

- Waterproof
- SD Card slot
- Wireless charging

Phones I was looking at:

- Refurbished LG V20 (LG G6 if I can find it cheap enough)
- Blackberry KeyONE
- waiting for Pixel 2
- OnePlus 3T (maybe wait until the OP5 issues are fixed?)
- Motorola Moto Z (or Z2?)

Personally would wait for Pixel 2

Is Samsung Galaxy A3 good? Are there better alternative for similar price?

I'm looking at the Skinomi screen protector for my 3t. Anyone here use it?

I was considering this, though I'm worried it'll still be out of my price range when it releases. I kinda need something now.

It's not even the screen that you should consider as the biggest red flag.

It's the fact that their business practices are in line with the rest of native Chinese companies. Meaning they fucking lie through their teeth nonstop for profit margins and face zero accountability because they are Chinese.

The fact that they were OKAY with all the shit they've pulled is what should worry you.

If now, be on the lookout for a cheap G6

Is the Redmi 4X getting Nougat?

>sd625
Redmi Note 4 Global
Lenovo P2
Moto G5 Plus
Mi Max 2

G6 would fit you

You just missed the G6 on sale for $499 on Amazon

Xperia X Compact, a little higher in price but better specs too

>currently own Note 5
>handle very carefully cause pertruded camera
>put phone in same pocket as car keys
>remove phone from pocket
>camera screen cracked cause pertruded camera
>proceed to tear eyeballs out

I'm in the market for phone
>~$250
>small to medium size cause phablets are just ridiculous

>inb4 manlet meme
Say what you want but, even with large hands, the size of the Note 5 impeded on everyday function and portability.

Glass backplates are kinda wanky, get a case.

t. Z3 owner

Love my 3t and you'd save a bunch off your budget

>5'6"
>have no problem with reaching corners on my S8+
I don't think hand size correlates with height

>Sharp is launching a pair of totally bezeless phones in mid-July

Fug this one look pretty amazing, too bad is sharp so it probably will only launch in Japan.

Did the same, didn't want the SE.
t. 5S jailbroken

here
is the Leagoo M8 Pro worth considering?

I've been looking at the Redmi 4, but I'd prefer buying a phone in a brick and mortar store. The Moto G4 plus is 65% the cost of the Moto G5 plus.

Anyone have any gripes with the Moto G4 plus?

>justifying your poorfaggery

get a grip user, price/perf is off the scale with the 6GB/128GB version

and i dont play mobile games lol

No. Zuk Z2 is the best bang for your buck.

With LOS, surely. I think it even has official unofficial MIUI ROM.

>Country
Australia

>Features
Something with a good DAC would be nice. Something repairable with removable battery and expandable storage if such things still exist.
Decent battery life is pretty vital since I regularly spend >7 hours on the train.

>Budget
200 AUD soft limit

>Size
I like smaller phones that wont feel obnoxious in my pockets.

Honestly the cheapest phone better than an iphone 5 would probably do me well enough.

coolicool.com/lenovo-zuk-z2-4gb-ram-64gb-rom-qualcomm-snapdragon-820-215ghz-quad-core-50-inch-25d-ltps-lcd-fhd-g-43642?gclid=Cj0KCQjws-LKBRDCARIsAAOTNd7-qzUVw7Z2y4-JGkkesmUT-v-gEJAkUiemcLjlsOtXnccli-nHJWsaAuLnEALw_wcB#Reviews

Is this a bargain?

Moto G5

No, at that price you can get a Xiaomi Mi5 which is superior to it in every way

ive read somewhere the xz premium got put on the open device program, so its a good thing?

I forgot to mention NFC. I would like to be able to use android pay. Not a deal breaker but I have played around with it in my GFs phone and it is pretty handy.

Not always but, I am both tall and have large. Can you recommend a phone?

Well their 2014 aquos phone went into western markets.
I wonder if the fingerprint reader is under the screen? Seems to not have it on the back.
The front face camera is a shame, but in this case it have sense not like the essential phone that have bezel on the bottom.

>this $10 case isn't waterproof at all I went into the ocean for 2 hours and it destroyed my phone!
>battery just randomly exploded when I left it naked in my pocket along with my keys and a magnet
>I hit the screen with a hammer and it broke, bad phone 0/10

Why is literally every single review section of every single phone product down to fucking keychain accessories filled with this shit?
It's like companies hired a team of Indians to shitpost reviews.

Lowest I see the Mi5 at is @$250. Any specific retailer which goes lower?

I've decided to wait a month after release before buying the oneplus 5, it's been 5 days since it's global release date and it's already showing concerns.
The camera does not perform well
It's not water resistant
The screen is Jello
It's price.
Those are are the only things that bother me about it.
Now I'm looking for something else that has the same specs, similar software, and a good dev community with root and custom roms available. Which phones should i be looking at?
My current phone is a beat up 2015 galaxy j5 running lineage 14.1. I NEED a new phone.

The cheapest it's at the moment is ~$220 but there's usually a gearbest coupon available to get it for $199
kimovil.com/en/where-to-buy-xiaomi-mi5-64gb

Just get Redmi Note 4X.
Mi 5 doesn't have SD Card slot.

Note series

Or maybe S8 Plus

Is the "Kogan Agora 8" the greatest smartphone to grace the planet?

I don't need expandable storage (32gb is enough for me) and the Mi5 has a Snapdragon 820, which seems better than the 625 in the Redmi Note 4X

I'd sniffe le chink butte

Certainly you read my original post, user.

>which seems better
Better for what? What do you use your phone for?
Would you also buy a 7700K for your grandma to browse the Internet.

Though I guess there are worse ways to waste your money

iirc the 820 was a top preformer in most benchmarks

Your grandma is not gonna multitask so 7700K is best consumer choice.
But she could also browse Internet comfortably on a cheapest Ryzen or even a G4560

now go to a shop, try a 625 phone (without bloat) and a 820 phone and think if it's really worth it

Which one should I install?
I'm sick of intrusive advertisement, and if I'm going to unlock my bootloader to root this thing I might as well get a (hopefully) better ROM.

Gotta say I love this LG G5, it's very comfortable. Runs a bit hot and its battery is crap but that seems to be the industry standard.

Mi5 has a better camera than the Redmi phones

Overall, which of these three is the best flagship-breaker which could be used for daily gaming and other tasks and has the best price/performance ratio?
- Lenovo Zuk Z2
- Xiaomi Mi5
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 4X

Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 Global 4gb/64gb Black is on pre-order for $168 at Banggood with the coupon 6BGESRN2G64. Pre-orders will start shipping on the 5th of July.

banggood.com/Xiaomi-Redmi-Note-4-Global-Edition-5_5-inch-4GB-RAM-64GB-ROM-Snapdragon-625-Octa-core-4G-Smartphone-p-1148122.html

She should put the seatbelt on

But unlocked LG V20 is $450 brand new, why would you buy it refurbed? Nothing meets all your requirements perfectly, which of your requirements do you consider essential?

>battery is crap
There's extended capacity batteries for the G5 if you don't mind the extra THICCness

Thanks.

>$450
It's $379.99 here
flash.newegg.com/Product/9SIAAM85K76047

Big baller and courage desu

What's with all the Android companies (and Apple wannabes) dropping their headphone jacks? The Xiaomi Mi6, Moto Z, etc. all don't have em

That's a tight budget (I'm assuming you mean $200 AUD), cameras are where phones easily fall short on, NFC is usually left out from budget phones, I wouldn't trust Kogan's phones.

how thicc we talking

your best bet is wait for the pixel 2

just how bad is the 430 in the Nokia 6? it came out in 2015, will Qualcomm drop support?

Fuck me that's a good price, never seen neweggflash before either. Damn I might have to get that, my Droid Turbo 2 has been acting weird lately and I'm sick of the Verizon bloatware. Of course LG has a history of hardware failures, might be out of the pot and into the fire there.

It's very power efficient for 28nm, however it does lag if the software isn't optimized for it

Damn, I might actually go with that. Just gonna have to cross my fingers with the hardware failures.

The pixel goes for a little over $1000 over here in jewsrael.
You're probably right but i think I'll pass.

>And, as an S8+ owner
Points instantly invalidated.

It's a 430 but I share your concern

Can anyone suggest me an android phone for playing apps mostly such as rhythm games with high quality.
Examples are deresute, TD.

Could any Redmi 4X owners tell me their experiences with the phone? Do you recommend that I get it as a flagship-counter?

Chink companies copy apple

I was thinking of getting Galaxy note fan edition.

>chink companies
and HTC, Essential, the next Pixel...

Xiaomi's design philosophy seemed to always copy apple, down to the home screen containing all the apps and stuff.

Found the coupon. MI5DEAL makes the Xiaomi Mi5 $199.99 / 177.99€ on Gearbest:
gearbest.com/cell-phones/pp_452989.html