Before the end of this year a 35" HDR 200hz VA panel gsync 3440x1440 res ultrawide monitor will be released

>Before the end of this year a 35" HDR 200hz VA panel gsync 3440x1440 res ultrawide monitor will be released

Future is finally here, going to be fucking great owning this. Only downside is the stupid stand, why do they still do this...

whats wrong with oled monitors? my laptop has oled its absolutely fantastic.
why would you want that instead?

Because of the incredibly fast response and 3440x1440 is much easier to drive than 4K

And it's for having on your desk

Why not just buy a monitor arm?

that's a stupidly stupidly large monitor
(and ultrawide a shit)

i never noticed any slowness from oled. they should just make more oled monitors, at least to have the fucking choice.

>gsync
Enjoy that premium.

I am going to if I get this monitor, these xGam3rx designs are really stupid

35"~ is not that large at all for a desk, you sit about 1m away from it and it's perfect

>3440x1440
Not even once

Why not?

>Having a monitor over 27"
24" is perfect, wish there was 25", but there isn't.
Why isn't there 25" or 26" screens?
>200hz
>Not 240 or 180

>whats wrong with oled monitors
They're superior in every way to anything else.
Sadly the average human is too dumb to care about PQ, hence why both Plasma and OLED are RIP
And if lucky, we'll get equivalent PQ in around 10 years of LCD gimmick upon gimmick "improvements"

24" is perfect? fucking how?

have you heard of proper large desks and sitting further than 20 cm away from your screen

>Why not?
Retarded format
Black Bars from watching anything non kino.
Dual monitor setup is infinitely superior and much cheaper.
3440x1440 is above human max FOV->wasted pixels in gaming

My monitor is 27" and that's already more than necessary. Spend your neetbux on things that are worth it.

is there a 34"+ 200hz 3440x1440 oled around anywhere??? huh??

do you see it anywhere my friend???

they are only in 4k, 60hz and laggy as shit

>2017
>24"

I have 23" and sit about 35 or 40 cm away from it (I want a 26")
Sorry for your nearsightedness grandpa

>Black Bars from watching anything non kino.

as opposed to literally nothing or your wall behind your screen.. it's a VA panel, so black color is as black as it gets, you don't notice any bars

>3440x1440 is above human max FOV->wasted pixels in gaming

sit further away dummy

>27" and that's already more than necessary

Even normies have 50" now as standard for a screen.

You fat autists are still stuck in the 90s with ur shitty tiny monitors you cram your face up to to see shit on your dumb "gaming" chairs.

>it's a VA panel, so black color is as black as it gets
No it isn't. VA is shit.
>sit further away dummy
So I can see shit behind it above and below the monitor, making the experience even shittier?

>FOV
>pixels
>Having a connection

>2017
>23"

lmao fucking how

some brazilian tier battlestation?

It's 3 years old and I'm still poor

B U R N I N
U
R
N

I
N

Treat yourself with at least 27" and 120hz when you get the chance bro

are u the 23" 15yo retard from above?

FOV= % of the screen you can actually see in focus=% of pixels rendered laterally on the screen for no reason as you can't see them.

Unless as the other guy said you sit father back, thereby ruining vertical FOV.

It's like talking to chimps I swear.

This is insane, not everything has to be supersized. Do you shovel cash at everything you do like this? Do you have large format printers, medium format cameras, electrostatic amps, and a diamond encrusted mobile phone too?

It's all so fickle, so pointless. It won't fill the hole, user. You're still going to die a virgin.

>Why isn't there 25" or 26" screens?
Dell makes UltraSharp monitors that are 25" with 2560 x 1440 resolution.
Only bad thing is you can't get them with a higher refresh rate than 60hz

but they should make more, you know at least give choices.

>1440
>Gsync
>""""Ultra""""wide

Why not just come out of the closet already?

>This is insane, not everything has to be supersized
You know CINEMA has had large screens since 80 years ago right?
The only reason home setups couldn't is bc of tech limitations with CRT and then LCD/Plasma affordability.

>retarded gibberish

>It's all so fickle, so pointless. It won't fill the hole, user. You're still going to die a virgin.
I'm not the poorfag neckbeard with a tiny screen and gaming chair rotting away at his "battlestation".
I'm a normie and am arguing for normal stuff.
You're just retarded.

t. 24" 1080p user stuck in early 2000s

if it's all so pointless then why the fuck would you rather have something inferior when you could have something objectively better and more fun

who the fuck would, if they could get one for free, pick a tiny 1080p shit over a large ultrawide

Wow, you're getting very worked up over justifying yourself user. You should lie down and take a chill pill.

40 inch 4k illegal alien actually.

Keep half-stepping for shit tier displays though.

>early 2000s

standard BTFO child response

go back to whatever shithole you crawled out from /r9k/ mayhaps?

Oh god, I cant believe that someone unironically using

yeah have fun with that 60hz beast right up into your face at your desk! i prefer something fast and responsive

1:1 aspect ratio master race

>bent

Into the trash it goes.

O I want to buy that model actually, how is it? Any ghosting?

>60hz beast

le my literal new gimmick renders the standard since forever now completely worthless lel
kys

how the fuck is something objectively superior and nicer on the eyes a gimmick

jesus christ lmao

Enjoy looking at your content squinting through a parascope.

It ghosts on solid black text on white backgrounds when you scroll super fast through content. Beyond that? It's damn near perfection. There are a few minor issues, but that's more to do with technical limitations than anything else.

>3440x1440 is above human max FOV
u wot m8?

35" 3440x1440 is not small whatsoever, it's perfectly sized

what is with these fucking RETARDED stands

no, really, what the fuck is that

something they found off the floor of a factory?

>how the fuck is something objectively superior and nicer on the eyes a gimmick

It's not per se.

It becomes a gimmick when:

>you need to tradeoff size/price for it
>you act as if anything non including said gimmick is utterly horrible shit you can't fathom having used for 20 years prior bc you're a retarded child

All these techs/gimmicks are incremental relatively small upgrayds, same as HDR, 4k, etc. Nice yes, but not end of the world relevant.

Essentially memes.

to be honest once you've used 120hz+ for a while going back to 60hz fucking hurts

also no, high refresh rate is not expensive anymore, it's not 2010 any longer

>There are a few minor issues

Like what? Dark corners?

>u wot m8?
FOV=/=Focused FOV

Very narrow vertical size means you're forced to sit VERY CLOSE if you wanna keep any kinda semblance of immersion/not see shit behind it. Hence the wasted horizontal pixelage.

do you realize this "too large for eyes fov" is a really retarded excuse for being a negative thing about ultrawide monitors

ever heard of people having two or even three monitors horizontally? for productive purposes?

christ some of the posts here are really stupid

>also no, high refresh rate is not expensive anymore, it's not 2010 any longer

have you even read or comprehend my very post?

>>you need to tradeoff SIZE/price for it

Find me a 60hz+ BIG screen that's not retarded expensive

what do you consider retarded expensive?

>"too large for eyes fov" is a really retarded excuse for being a negative thing about ultrawide monitors

We're not talking productivity, but general use case and gaming /media.

>implying 3 monitors sorround setups aren't also retarded?

>what do you consider retarded expensive?
You tell me, you're the one that claimed they were
"not expensive anymore, it's not 2010 any longer"

Take your best shot champ

>but general use case and gaming /media.
heard of VR? you don't need the entire fucking screen focused perfectly to have a good time playing a game on it, having your peripheral filled is good too

Like viewing angles, it doesn't have 10-bit HDR which really helps the contrast. The screen is so large, that even though it is a nice IPS, the viewing angles could be just a bit better. There is next to no light bleed.

For the money though, and the fact I can hook up multiple devices to it for split screen work with one mouse and keyboard, it is a god send.

i can find several 2560x1440 24-32" 120hz+ TN/IPS monitors for between $300-500

is that retarded expensive?

For you.

It's vertical height is similar to what, 24-27'? I'll take much more screen real estate that is usable, versus placebo peripheral immersion.

>i can't afford or use more resolution there it is objectively bad: the thread

The only issue with that monitor is the price. I'm sorry, but I'm just not paying $2000 for an LCD monitor. I could accept that as an early adopter tax for a real breakthrough like OLED, but at the end of the day this is just a nice VA panel with HDR.

>you don't need the entire fucking screen focused perfectly to have a good time playing a game on it

Hence why they're wasted pixels. You're essentially paying for the physical monitor to render them on, and the CPU/GPU power to render them, for naught, since you can't even see them.

That was the entire point. It's not bad per se, and if you wanna do it go ahead.

But let's not pretend it's "good" or "optimal" or a selling point.

> 2560x1440 24-32" 120hz+ TN/IPS monitors for between $300-500

Post a DECENT 32" 120hz IPS (no TN shit)

And keeping in mind you can get a 55" IPS 4k HDR screen for around 650$

A good TN is better than a bad IPS.

>i can't afford or use more resolution there it is objectively bad: the thread

Yea that's how consumer electronics works dipshit.

Price is always a factor.

If your retarded logic was correct, why the fuck not make threads about 12,000$ monitors that no one except I can afford and then just mock everyone posting on them bc "lel poorfag"

that doesn't make something bad

>A good TN is better than a bad IPS
Translation: I was pulling stuff out of my arse and they're expensive as hell apart from chinkshit tn ones

>that doesn't make something bad
It makes it a bad deal and irrelevant.
Now go away

The Samsung CHG70, although that's a VA panel. Better colors than IPS with Quantum Dot and drastically better contrast though.

It's $699 though, so he is full of shit.

No way. I've had a "good TN"(my brother's Dell G-Sync thing, whatever the model number is) next to a $100 Acer 6 bit+FRC IPS. Acer looked way better.

it's true though
new TN panels are as good or better than older IPS panels
the only bad thing with TN being the viewing angles

>still no oled
yeah I'll stick with my crt for now

>going back to 60hz fucking hurts

Movies are 24fps and tv is 30fps

>mouse cursor is not an argument

Yeah I guess you can't expect it to be perfect for that price. Probably going to order one next week, getting sick of my current replacement TN shit.

>new TN panels are as good or better than older IPS panels
Yes but older IPS panels sucked ass, espcially the black levels were pathetic.
Image depth basically non existent.

Whats wrong with 23 and 24 inch monitors? I really like mine, no problems with them.
I have an Acer GN246HL and an AOC2343. I spend like 14 or so hours a day in my web browser and play games some times. Haven't found any movies or TV shows that are watchable to me in a long time so I don't consume much video but when I do it seems fine. Don't have a television either.

nice brazilian setup there bro

I'm so deeply insulted I am not sure how to respond.
I quit my favorite game because the number of Brazilians in the LFG system was larger than the number of Americans which of course resulted in the game not being playable.
If I want 27 inches I need 1440p because 1080p isn't enough which means I have to spend a pile of money because I'm never going back to 60hz on my main monitor which means I basically need a 1080ti.
That's a ton of fucking money for 3 inches.

Nothing, any dual monitor setup is better than any curveshit

i literally just meant those desks. you don't got ikea or some equivalent there? get some neat proper desk(s), without built in drawers like you've got there, that is bad for posture and ergonomics

What's wrong with them? No, no ikea. We only have walmart really.

it's shit bro.
Maybe if you didn't fall for the Hetz gimmick you could have a nice big screen, instead you got that favela setupid with shitty microscopic horrible TN panels

What do you even use for a GPU though? Jewish vendors quit putting RAMDACs on cards several years ago (i.e., not even DVI-I), and nobody makes DP -> VGA dongles with non-shit bandwidth.

I don't know how it's a gimmick when the game feels multiple times smoother when I drag it from the 60hz to the 144hz. It's like a breath of fresh air, like you forgot you had prime95 going when you opened the game and then close it. 60hz is just way too low.

That sounds interesting, but I'd still rather have a ~43" UHD @ 120 Hz SDR/96 Hz HDR.
Vertical workspace is just too valuable to give up for the ultrawide (= ultrashort) gaymen meme.

>1440p in 2017
fucking hell
give me nice 2160p screens, why is the market still dominated by 1080p?
if you need a lower resolution for gayming you could just set the resolution to 1440/1080p when playing a game

>Bunch of autism

Ok, enjoy your favela station then

You're comparing 16:9 screen sizes and 21:9 screen sizes. If you're gonna do that, compare vertical height, not diagonal.

>Future is finally here
A fucking computer screen is a future now?

Everytime I've tried a non-native resolution on any device it is completely unusable.
I have a 1080p laptop but it's 13.3" so I don't need the 1080p in WoW. Every single other resolution is blurry trash.
Same goes for my desktop monitors.
I think it's because you end up with multiple pixels acting as one pixel which would change their shape.

Not the guy you're responding too but I was in the
>TN
camp as well, up until I got memed into buying the Dell S2716DG. If you're sitting in front of it, you will barely notice any difference from an IPS panel. Even the viewing angles have improved drastically so that you really have to move out of the frame in order to notice the shift. All in all I don't regret purchasing this panel at all and I was using a $300 24'' IPS Asus monitor from 2015.

>ultrawide
>1440 vertical pixels

Retarded.

I tried out the new LG x1600 UW last week, it still felt too short. x1800 would probably be better.

The money they ask for it is retarded however, 160 pixel more is NOT worth the double price.

No, but dubs are

I have a 4k 32'' and it's fucking awesome. might get the one in op as primary and put the 32'' as secondary. we will see

>3440x1440
>looks curved
I'll be waiting for those 4K 144Hz screens with local dimming instead.

Why do they make 27' 1080p monitors? That doesn't even make sense, the DPI is abysmal and everything is going to look pixelated as hell.

>tfw currently using a 27'' 1080p monitor
It's alright from the distance I use it, certainly could be worse.

>Why do they make 27' 1080p monitors
How underage are you?
If you mean STILL then because of cost

Are there any 4K 120hz screens that don't require me to sell my kidneys?