What distro are you running and why isn't it pic related?

What distro are you running and why isn't it pic related?

Arch is fucking shit.

Mint, xfce flavour.

none, linux is poop

But I AM running Arch...

>Mint
just stop it. Mint is cancer. They are using buggy, outdated software on purpose.
Use Debian or Ubuntu instead

No.

I am. Never looked back.

I've always been too afraid of instability to use archlinux long-term. I also occasionally have yaourt fail to install things from the Aur with no idea why it's going wrong.

The fact that arch has no OS installer is a fucking joke. But once you get it installed, it's decently nice.

I still prefer Fedora for its sane defaults vs arch's no defaults.

Ubuntu Server with i3-gaps because it's comfy, relatively recent, and stable.

I don't use Arch (anymore) because I don't like system upgrades fucking up my shit when I need to get work done.

Will Sup Forums ever spot arguing over the distros they use and actually do something productive?

>yaourt
use pacaur instead

Antergos because I cba to install Arch again

It does have an installer. It's just in the form of a wiki page.

Muh freedumbs

it is

It is.

stock cooler?

Because pacman want to eat my xorg

No have a H100i.

>yaourt
use aura instead

Windows, because I'm not a neckbeard permavirgin who faps to 2d girls. I also like when my computer is actually useful

>H100i
you are telling me you pay 200$ for a cooler that works as just as good the stock one
>

Of course the difference won't be big or even noticeable during idle. Neither of those cooling methods will cool the CPU below ambient temperature after all.

why then?

I went for it because it's suppose to be quiet. I also have it running at the slowest fan speed too. Also it looks nice.

Is Antergos any different from Arch? From what I understand it's just an Arch installer.

You fucking faggot. Get off my board.

Ubuntu¿¿¿ reee
I hope u meant xubuntu/ lubuntu.

debian is love, debian is life

Pretty much yeah; only difference is there is an extra repo which really doesn't matter.
People say install arch for
>muh learning experience
But you aren't missing much in that department either.

has botnet in

The H100i is much more effective at transferring and dissipating heat, so during load it will stay both cooler and quieter. It can also handle a much higher TDP than the stock cooler, or even a non-high end air cooler, thus allowing for a beefier CPU and/or higher overclocks.

Also what screenfetch is reporting is incorrect anyway.

MODS MODS MODS

Android, because it just werks. :-)

I'm not a pedo

wtf

I can't keep up with all the updates of Arch's release model. It's a great distro, but I usually only get to update/upgrade once per month due to low bandwidth cap and Arch sort of borked up after I waited too long.

I'm on Debian stable at the moment since it can accept my long spurts between upgrades.

Bloated, unstable by design, is memed to offer the user choice while actually offering none, believes that directing the user to a wiki page with 10+ manual bug workarounds is better than fixing their shit. Basically what happens when the devs think that doing everything that's most convenient for them is the way to go.

What are you then?

arch just werks if you use revenge installer like a normal human being.

OwO

This is really the way to go. Ubuntu or Debian server with i3 or Openbox. Minimalist enough to get the fuck out of your way and let you do work but not an autistic mess under the hood.

M-M-MODS!

Normal

Debian

It's just so stable and safe

Like being in a good financial situation and fucking your gf with a condom on even though she's on the pill

Installation is a non-issue. Using it and its maintenance is hell.

Xubuntu. Arch is great if you like wasting time reading tech documentation and forum posts from 2012 whenever an update fucks your shit up.

>mac os
>pedophile

I wish I could say I was surprised

>fucking your gf
I wish I could relate.

Sounds boring.

Gentoo, because it's better in every way.

I think you are mistaken, Linux is pretty nice!
I'm running Xubuntu for the ease of use and the decent package respository! Very clever system.

debian psoters club

Mint MATE because it's the best MATE distro out there, and I love MATE.

>Ubuntu
>because I am not a nerd and don't want to spend free time tinkering with my system

is this the new desktopu threado desu?

What's the baby first distro that Sup Forums recommends, besides Gentoo?

Debian
Absolutely disgusting

An ubuntu fork that doesn't use unity

>A shackle for the good guy

Nice; I always thought you used Arch for some reason. Now I can feel good knowing that I'm using the same base as my senpai.

Happened to have a memory stick with live image
Then I fell for the minimalism UI meme

are you a retard? i just told you, if you use revenge, arch is preconfigured for you. no autism, no breakage, shit's installed fine.

Are you? Issues I listed are unrelated to installation process, they are inherent to the distro, unless your installer makes the packages no longer require asinine dependencies, or gives choice in system components other than superficial DE crap, or stops Arch from being haemorrhaging edge, or automatically applies their shitty wiki workarounds, or stops systemd from randomly tripping over itself every tenth boot.

Akariposter pls remove yourself from existence in a timely manner.

Because I'm using Manjaro

So you are using a "fork" of arch that does actually nothing better than arch.
How does it feel to use a parasite distro?

whenever I see gahnoo slash linux rices with anime pics plastered everywhere I feel bad for their social degeneracy

The arch experiance taught me a lot about linux. More than what I had learned installing debian from the netinst (which I was using before). If you consider having to start dhcpcs.service manually a feature then Arch is for you. For normal people use something not meme tier, Debian, Ubuntu, Fedora, CentOS.