/ntr/ - Netrunner official Sup Forums browser

We are making a web browser!
PREVIOUSLY In the face of recent changes in Firefox and Chrome some anons were asking for a Sup Forums's perfect web browser, we collected the most wanted here and plan on continuing with the creation.

To contribute follow the WORK PLAN, join the IRC to ask developers for a repo, and get to programming!

IRC on Rizon: #Sup Forumsnetrunner
IRC guide: pastebin.com/YDbEWRHV

Gitgud: gitgud.io/odilitime/netrunner/
Teknik: git.teknik.io/gyroninja/netrunner, git.teknik.io/eti/netrunner
Github: github.com/5yph3r/Netrunner

>TODO:
- Host project at savannah.nongnu.org
- Set bug tracker and mailing list in Savannah.

>WORK PLAN
1. Browse links2 source code (you can use Ctags for tagging functions and files).
2. Expose API and give access to everything (scripting through executables is planned).
3. Give total control over the DOM, put options in files inside a hierarchical folder structure referencing sites and subsites.
4. Implement a link grabber for every link and media type to be parsed by scripts and independent applications.
5. Create an uncomplicated switch to general security profiles located in saved files.
6. Implement ncurses simple tree style graphics for bookmarks, tabs, advanced security policies by site, etc.
7. Work in the framebuffer graphics rendering.
8. Open API to javascript support (version 2.1pre28 of links2 had javascript enabled).
9. Cache, logs, cookies, and other data storage options.
10. Ports routing proxy management.
11. Vim/Emacs modes, dwb hints and quickmarks.

>FEATURES
- Options by site.
- Granular control over incoming traffic like Policeman (more detailed than uMatrix).
- Granular control over outgoing traffic like Tamper Data or like Privacy Settings (the addon).
- HTTPS with the HTTP fallback optionally in a new instance of the browser with functions like HTTP POST disabled.
- URI leak prevention like "No Resource URI Leak" and no plugin enumeration.
- Local CDN like Decentraleyes and Load from Cache.
- Cookie management like Cookie Monster.
- Option to turn off disk usage for all data (cache, tmp data, cookies, logs, etc.), and make cache read only.
- Randomizer for user-agent and canvas fingerprint.
- Custom stylesheets like Stylish.
- Userscript support like Greasemonkey.
- Proxy management like FoxyProxy.
- Simple ports routing to use networks like Tor or I2P.
- Simple switch to universal profiles to be used like blocklists from uBlock, or like Privacy Settings.
- A configuration file like Lynx for universal profiles.
- URL deobfuscation like "Google search link fix" and "Pure URL".
- Search customization like surfraw, dwb or InstantFox Quick Search.
- Reverse image search like Google Reverse Image Search.
- Use of external applications to open links, replacing video player with youtube-dl and MPV, for text input by a text editor, browse protocols like ftp/gopher, or as a file picker.
- Use wget web crawling feature like a DownThemAll.
- Send commands to a monitor (and command history) to keep browsing while commands are working.
- Simple emacs-like keybindings to menubar by default for new users.
- Keyboard driven with dwb features like vi-like keybindings, hints, quickmarks, and custom commands.
- Configuration options from an integrated command-line.
- Non-bloated smooth UI like dwb.
- Import bookmarks from browsers like Firefox.
- Written in C.
- Low on dependencies.
- GPL v3+.
- Framebuffer support like NetSurf for working in the terminal (TTY).
- Actual javascript support so we can lurk and post in Sup Forums.

>FAQ

For users:
>Will it have an adblocker.
Yes.
>Will it have tree style tabs?
Yes, but not up in the priorities.
>Will it be crossplatform?
Already is.
>Will it it have vim keys?
Yes.
>Will it have "graphics"?
Yes. We are planning to run the program in terminal using the frame buffer for graphics, but Links2 also comes with directfb, X server, SVGA and other graphics drivers.
>What logo are you going to use?
We liked all so far.

For devs:
>Are repos representing the finished work?
No. We're focused on making a custom codebase then we're going to go back with what we learned and rearchitect it.
>Why teknik.io?
We plan on moving to savannah.nongnu.org. There is a github mirror too.
>Why links2?
Enough features and the API seems more friendly.
>Why not netsurf?
Good rendering but not for DOM updates, plus dependencies gave problems.
>Will you use a separate javascript engine?
We're debating this.
>Will you use a separate layout engine?
We're debating this.
>Will you use netsurf layout engine?
Might be a problem because of the DOM (not enough information).
>Will you use webkit/blink/servo?
No.
>Do you plan to use a separate HTML parser like MyHTML
We are debating this. Some devs plan to make it work as a document viewer too.

You cannot be serious.

why rizon
you already had a perfectly fine server

Something to consider including in the OPs is progress. What has been accomplished so far?
>inb4 logo
What's the roadmap for upcoming progress?

>is baffled by productivity
>does not understand why people would do something about a problem

The original guy blew his server afaik

FAQ is trying to do that at some extent, maybe next OP can look at previous threads for progress, other than that going to the IRC to talk other developers may give more details.

What is the project currently working on?

>we are making a web browser!
Why? That's a one person project. I made one in 10 minutes.

Oh, a bloated pile of shit. That's why you want to make your own. I'm sure it'll be filled with vulns.

Where are the changelogs and releases?
All I see in the OP is an """idea guy""" spewing shit.

I'll do the telemetry

We also have a logo.

How did you make it? Does it require expert programming knowledge?

Read the FAQ.

Kek, OP made the website made in dreamweaver, kekekekek. He doesn't even know HTML and he wants to make a bloated webbrowser.

>How did you make it?
Literally any GUI library. They've all got a rendering engine built into them.
>Does it require expert programming knowledge?
No. It requires being not being braindead. I had more trouble making my damn curses text editor than I did making a browser.

Looks like he reused same ol' web engines with same ol' problems, this project is nothing of that. Go check the IRC, they'll guide you better.

>same ol' problems
What would those be? The issues you have aren't regarding the rendering engine, but you wouldn't know that since you have no idea how HTML works, let alone a browser.

The user agent randomizer is useless. Servers can easily detect that your browser, which claims to be Chrome on Windows, has different default fonts and HTML5 options enabled. Plus, if it sees someone with the same IP requesting different URLs, each time with a different UA, canvas and screen resolution; it's easier to follow.
The idea is to mix in the crowd, to look like everyone else; not to wear a black trenchcoat and sunglasses in a nudist beach.
A smarter idea would be to make it look like Safari or Edge since both FF and Chrome change versions, headers and UA every two weeks. Plus, their limited HTML5 compatibility means it's easier to catch up to them.

It's nice to see cleaning up the source code is going good.

The project will use an addon system, the base install will do HTML, javascript, images, CSS, and any of the other essentials. Things like ad blocking and whatever would be done through an addon.

I assume you like webkit then, good for you.

That is indeed a good idea.

Doesn't sound like an answer to my question.
This is very true. The one I wrote just spits out Safari's UA.

I guess one could pour through the commits to see what has been done or what is currently being worked on.

ill do the shitposting

This project has till ESR 52 dies mid 2018 to be completed.

wew, another Sup Forums project to watch fail. i can't wait until none of your features are completed.

More than enough for a sane development, not soon enough for Sup Forums autismos.

Everyone working on it will lose interest within the first month when they realize nobody is going to jerk them off for making a shitty text parser that doesn't support any of the websites you use from your normal browser.

How many of these features are currently completed?

>text parser
God damn you nigger read the FAQ

>fresh wiener

No. I read the source instead, and your shit is a text parser.

AHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

>want to write a browser
>can't even host a single static website

Not mine, so fuck off

If you had read the FAQ, the goal is to provide a browser that supports framebuffers.
Writing the webengine from scratch would be too difficult and would require a lot of manpower.
I invite you to look at some toy project aiming at building a web engine though. It is very interesting.

There has been a discussion about which base to use.
links2 was chosen over netsurf.

Don't shitpost please :)

>Don't shitpost please :)
Hey, random user here.
I am rather interested in this project but I think by telling people to stop shitposting on Sup Forums would actually turn the opposite way of how you desire it to. Just leaving this as a bit of a notice.

>PREVIOUSLY
The correct link is

I'll implement the critical vulnerabilities