Other urls found in this thread:

matrix.org
riot.im
matrix.org/docs/projects/try-matrix-now.html#clients
ring.cx/
gnu.org/philosophy/free-software-even-more-important.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Telegram.

Discord is literally worse than both Microsoft and Google when it comes to vacuuming up literally everything you do with it and selling it to anyone who wants the data.

Telegram is a botnet use Wire

Wire is a botnet use Ring

no you go to Sup Forums nigger I asked a legitimate question

Ring is a botnet use a carrier pigeon

carrier pigeon is a botnet use Tox

Carrier Pigeons are a botnet, manipulate space noise in order to create Morse code which is encrypted by Caesar cipher

Manipulating space noise in order to create Morse code which is encrypted by Caesar cipher, use modulating the vibrational frequency of gravitons to cause the recipient's hard drive to contain the data which is secured through GnuPG instead.

Tox and the other thing are the botnet use ICQ

matrix.org
riot.im

Is there a desktop matrix client that doesn't suck and doesn't use (((electron))) like riot.im?

matrix.org/docs/projects/try-matrix-now.html#clients
Several. I personally use the weechat client when I'm on desktop.

Any experience with Tensor?

Sup Forums is a botnet, go to reddit

use neither
this

Daily reminder that Reddit is open source and Sup Forums isn't.

Because it's what everyone else is using.

revolt ;3

Just fucking use IRC...done.

because discord is superior to skype in every-way the exception of of pseudo phone calls / video calls.

Discord may be a closed source data mining application, but it's one I've decided to live with. I'm mostly just happy that all my normie friends jumped ship to something that actually has a functional Linux client and not that fucking Skype shitware.

Don't. Use Matrix instead.

I'm more of a Wire guy, myself. Signal is workable, but not as ideal as Wire.

everything is a botnet use matrix

This

>bodned xDDDD
Shut the fuck up.

>;3
legitimately kill yourself you stupid fucking Europeon

Yeah, I honestly don't give a fuck if some discord knows I enjoy Red Bull or not it's a great app. If I need to say something PII outside of my name obviously I'm going to use other communications but for how many plat forms its on and how well it works it's a god send.

I wonder if any companies that use slack have switched to discord since it does almost all the same shit for free (can you imagine paying 12 dollars for EVERY user on your slack channel?) except the ability to save your entire slack channels including DM's, which makes slack awful imo because you never know how badly someone will want to see info you've sent privately, even if it costs them thousands of dollars.

Because Sup Forums doesn't? lol if you don't think hiro and previously m00t wasn't selling any info to any 3rd rate chinese farmer that would buy ad space to this place. If your main concern is privacy you should be using fax man.

how do I hide my ipee on irc?

why should you use this instead of teamspeak is the question, and the answer is you shouldnt

Connect 9p servers and use a bunch of cats to connect /dev/audios

Just don't pee in irc. Problem solved. Or use VPN. Or Tor. I don't know, figure it out.

skype has ads and is a general pile of shit

You shouldn't. Skype is bad, but discord is closed source and goes through a central server with no end-to-end encryption at all. Discord has somehow found a way to be more shitty than IRC and Sup Forumsirgins are loving it.

>Because Sup Forums doesn't?
He didn't say that though. Sup Forums being shit does not make it okay for other things to be shit.

Name one?
>inb4 "muh unencrypted centralized is better than skype's p2p because muh eye pee needs to be hidden from the gaymer skiddies i talk 2"

>Laggy webview pile of shit
>functional linux client
Just winewrap skype or use it's webclient.

Angry Sup Forumsirgin can't make real arguments? Not surprised.

And LOL BOTNET is an argument?

Ow wait.

VIDEO GAMES?
VIDEO GAMES!!!

Channels and push to talk. Also, admins.

I do use discord often, but i still use TS/vent most of time for voice coms.

I use a portable edition and doesn't have ads

GNU Ring

ring.cx/

whats wrong with electron?

Everything.

>join the ring
sounds like paedo

>grave ethical flaw
Any idea what they meant by this?

Were you dropped on the head as a child?

>Better UI
>Good discord servers and groups
>Call quality isn't retarded / doesn't drop out as easy
>Accounts and signing up is easier

Honestly, Discord is better compared to TeamSpeak. Discord is like a more feature filled TeamSpeak.

>not an argument
Not an argument

Is Discord confirmed for data mining? Last I heard the privacy policy was okay, and their main money maker was selling emoji and other dumb shit.

>Is Discord confirmed for data mining?
Let's see.
A centralized service for multi-user VoIP coupled with image/video uploads and some degree of data retention/persistance.
All free of charge. Yes it mines your data. The cost of servers alone is massive

I just went through the pp, and it looks like they don't collect voip audio, but they do retain just about everything else. They don't sell data, but they share with "partners". I'm pretty sure that means ad partners since they specifically allow opt out of targeted ads.

The policy is WAY different from the last time I looked at it. Privacy policy bait and switch should be illegal.

Discord is faster due to being significantly more lightweight than Skype. It also has better organization, coupled with options regarding notifcations that are superior to Skype.

It does lack the following:
- Video chat
- Screensharing

I also would not recommend Discord for anything but gaming.

I've tried discord once or twice in the pass and it seemed overall not that bad.
But let me ask you this , how does it know the account names of other applications and how many people I have in my friends list without me allowing to do any checks?

>you can host group chats and channels.
>people can text and join voice call anytime without needed a live call.
>more secure

gnu.org/philosophy/free-software-even-more-important.html

I'm pretty sure it's almost common knowledge on this board.

>discord is closed source and goes through a central server with no end-to-end encryption at all

Really? They claim the opposite on their website: "Encrypted server to client communication keeps your IP address safe."

It goes through a central server which can see all communications. That is the opposite of end-to-end encryption. 's comment does not contradict Discord's claim.

use a fucking bouncer

>They don't sell data, but they share with "partners"
yes it mines your data

bump this