How's dorm internet in your experience?

How's dorm internet in your experience?

>living in a dorm
>usable internet
pick one

Slow, congested, and heavily patrolled by the copyright cartel and busybody school administrators. Get a seedbox and a VPN, they're affordable even on starving-student budgets.

I wouldn't know, my batcave/basement is comfy enough

I go to uni but still live at home

I get 800mbps up and down at my uni, it's pretty great

>"b-b-b-but I can't get a job mom, I am too busy studying!"
kek

Also I mostly have ethernet connection in mind

Slow as shit. Moderated by OCD autists who will shit down your neck if you try torrenting anything even legal things. If you have online assignments they're a fucking disaster because of how fucking congested the internet is 24/7. Impossible to play games on because your ping will be 300+ and if you ask why they'll respond with "WELL THE INTERWEBZ IS FOR SCHOOLWORK AND NO FUN ALLOWED BCUZ GAYMEN IS BANDWIDTH INTENSIVE" when it isn't at all. Your professors will also proceed to shit on you because of late assignments even though they fail to understand how shit the school internet is.

Live off campus. This is my absolute best advice to anyone going to college anywhere. Dorms are ass. The internet is ass. The food is ass. The people are ass. You basically pay an extreme premium to live in a fucking cubicle with some douche-nozzle you don't know and use fucking awful bathrooms/utilities for absolutely no reason.

Gigabit download and upload. They crack down on torrenting but you can use a seedbox or a vpn. That's what I did.

>Your professors will also proceed to shit on you because of late assignments even though they fail to understand how shit the school internet is.
this is a terrible excuse. "my dog ate my homework" tier

12GB FUP per week or cut connection. I would rather hang myself than live there.

>Have online assignments
>Can't submit answers because the server times out because of your shitty internet

>Your professors will also proceed to shit on you because of late assignments even though they fail to understand how shit the school internet is.
Use a mobile hotspot.

>Pay 6 grand a semester for room and board
>JUST USE A HOTSPOT

>waiting till the night of to turn in assignments
>too autismal to go to starbucks and use their internet
>probably uses windows
end your life

Awesome with 100Mib/s stable.

Is it worth passing your class? Don't bitch at me for it.

Plus you could always root your phone and get it for free.

The point is that you shouldn't have to worry about that when you're paying shittons of money to live in a dorm.

why not move and get your own internet?

you're paying for the ROOM and BOARD, not autism-approved ineternet

absolute trash, can barely watch youtube and they block all your ports. And that's while wired. Just forget about wifi.

>>you're paying for the ROOM and BOARD
What do you mean you want water and electricity?! You aren't paying for that! You're paying for ROOM and BOARD!

maybe you shouldn't have moved into a dorm if you wanted luxuries like fast internet

For one glorious year in college I had a room to myself, and 200 Mb/s up and down. It's a shame it constantly went out and it took literally the entire year for someone to look into my weekly complaints

>good internet in an expensive ass dorm is a luxury in 2017
What?

Or just get mobile internet and enjoy your freedom (tm)

mine was very fast, highly reliable and nothing was blocked

My nigger