/cyb/ + /sec/ general: cyberpunk and cybersecurity: /cyb/punk battlestation edition

Cyberpunk battlestation edition

/cyb/ + /sec/ general is for discussion of anything and everything related to cyberpunk and cybersecurity.

>what is cyberpunk?
pastebin.com/raw/Jpci0dqD

>cyberpunk directory
pastebin.com/raw/HiTA1yXK

>nothing to hide? please.
youtu.be/pcSlowAhvUk

>cybersecurity essentials
pastebin.com/raw/0AjC2mcD

>cybersecurity resources
pastebin.com/raw/98vvNwcH

>thread archive
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/subject/cyb/

>thread backup
cyberpunked.org/

>previous thread
>>> Resources > /sec/
Condensed /sec/ resources: pastebin.com/RXvHEBuu
Advice: pastebin.com/xRqEW8W7
Old Skool Hacker Culture: 67.225.133.110/~gbpprorg/#40
Firefox extensions: pastebin.com/dinBuXxJ
TEMPEST attacks against AES: fox-it.com/nl/wp-content/uploads/sites/12/Tempest_attacks_against_AES.pdf

>>Harden your OS, reroute your DNS and fire up the VPN - shit just got real
Condensed /shit just got real/ resources: pastebin.com/DMc57Dxw

>>The Old Skool
0ld 5k00l h4ck3rz: 67.225.133.110/~gbpprorg/#40

Suggestions for new resources are welcome. /sec/ is looking for CTF team members, contact at IRC channel.

>irc://irc.rizon.net:6697
join #Sup Forumspunk and #Sup Forumssec (requires SSL)
IRC guide: pastebin.com/YDbEWRHV

>>Resources have been condensed because the field became too long

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/raw/T8TeepZP
wired.com/story/this-pill-promises-to-extend-life-for-a-nickel-a-pop/
pastebin.com/DMc57Dxw
drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B3XpfZjUfT-2NFdLWVhpamUyNU0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

What is the best /sec/ language to learn first?

My advice might be a bit outdated but python was a good first language for me and I still use it when I need to throw something together ASAP.

Thanks, I thought so.

If you have no programming knowledge already, you'll want to understand the fundamentals first. Python works for that, but plenty of people (myself included) started with C, which isn't difficult to learn and essential to specializing in security.

Following that, you'll want to study up on computer architecture and get your feet wet with understanding assembly most likely. There are many good books that teach x86 assembly from the ground up. To supplement writing assembly, you should practice opening up programs in a debugger and stepping through the disassembly to try to grok what's going on. The IDA Pro Book is good for learning IDA, but it's more about learning IDA than learning assembly, so you should know your assembly well before you get there.

If you get that far, you can figure out where to find more material to learn on your own.

Concise and informative, thanks.
I like these threads.

best threads on Sup Forums imo

Nice Mulder/Scully frame.

Thank you, user.
I hope the information provided is pleasing.

that is a beautiful picture

definitely is

I noticed Monero among a couple others gets noted as the crypto for security, but Verge (XVG) is another good one.

samefag
Daily reminder that chinkmoot is datamining you getting monnies for you pathetic information all under the cloudflare botnet.

nice dubs

>pastebin.com/raw/T8TeepZP
so what exactly does changing these settings do? any hindrance to web browsing?

see , not a samefag.
You do know people can get along right?
You might struggle to make friends with your autism, but we can be civil.
You might want to try that sometime.

These threads have such an inconsistent tempo.

=== /cyb/ news:
How the rich and famous are heading for a Virek and Tessier Ashpool like state of immortality, sans vats.

>FORGET THE BLOOD OF TEENS. THIS PILL PROMISES TO EXTEND LIFE FOR A NICKEL A POP.

wired.com/story/this-pill-promises-to-extend-life-for-a-nickel-a-pop/
>NIR BARZILAI HAS a plan. It’s a really big plan that might one day change medicine and health care as we know it. Its promise: extending our years of healthy, disease-free living by decades.

So, with this, CRISP/Cas9 and other developments we might look forward to a world where the leaders of all major companies will rule for centuries. Will this increase forus on self preservation, decrease appetite for risks and lead to statis.

Social mobility is down, this might take us interesting places.

interesting ..
you're the expert

python then BANG right to assembly

like you just can program assembly yeah I'll just knock out this website in assembly

assembly does everything right

cos it's a programming language just like all the others

idiot

He didn't ask what languages to learn to write websites. He asked what language to learn first to get into security. A grasp on assembly (and by extension C) is fundamental in order to reverse engineer binaries and develop exploits. I'd also like to add that while Python is perhaps a simpler language to understand; it is more sensible to learn C first and work your way up to Python as you get more comfortable with the fundamentals of computer architecture; as these concept transfer into many higher level languages, but will likely seem abstract if studied at that level.

that case is fucking monstrous wtf

seems to understand the concept of learning better does, so I think I'll take his ideas as a better medium for building understanding.

>pastebin.com/DMc57Dxw

because only gatekeepers maintain and post them. Philosphically you can consider /cyb/ + /sec/ threads to be the gateway between two vastly oppositional and dissimilar lifestyles and mindsets.

These threads are made by people who genuinely care and generally want this information to be available to anyone who is willing to discover the pathway, but the threads are made by gatekeepers. Most of the interesting stuff happens whilst immersed in culture after embracing it. And most of that happens away from the surface.

>it's not muh secret club
>it's a club for people who want to know how to keep their secrets
>that's why the pace is inconsistent, go over all of the previous threads, check the archives, lurk moar and stay safe.

xo.

What is the most /cyb/ phone?
KeyOne? K10000?

nexus + nethunter

This is most definitely being added to the pasta next thread.
Beautifully phrased, user.

you're welcome. Thanks for maintaining the gateway.

o/

Publicly sourceable information should be freely disseminated and certainly information that can protect and better you in the Information Age.
I'm simply doing my duty.
Thank you for the appreciation though.

What's a good microcontroller or single board computer that I dould shove in my express card port (custom power delivery through the express card 5V pin) to do security related stuff?

A raspberry pi zero for a portable VPN?
Or wi-fi extender?

Is there any useful hardware hack like this for laptops?

I heard something about the Pi being backdoored.

source?

The only plausible reason, given the nature of this thread, is that the case is lined with acoustic and EM absorbents.

Oh, and a major thermite self destruct charge in case of someone trying to walk off with it.

everything past early 2000s is hardware backdoored.

This.

I fucking love this pic

Is system76 stuff just cashing in on a meme or is it decent? It seems cheaper to buy a windows laptop and put linux on it myself. There's also purism and zareason but that stuff seems hilariously overpriced.

Just shopping for a 15in linux laptop for basic computing due to travelling more often.

System76 is VAR (value added reseller). They just repackage/re-brand chinese makers stuff. The name of the maker escapes me, but if you're interested I'm sure google will help you.

A person would be better served by buying some later model Dell/Lenovo/HP laptop for a fraction of the price, in my opinion. If it breaks there'll be tons of replacement parts on eBay.

stupid question time, can a scanf("%d",&x) cause an overflow,
I've been scratching my head at this for a few days now, and I'm chasing my tail at this point.
To the point where I think the exercise is wrong.

Very helpful info thank you. I think I will use an old college email to get a discounted surplus dell off somewhere.

As thanks I give the thread this interesting ssl logging python tool I found. github.com/google/ssl_logger

what are you trying to do? a code snippet perhaps?

How do i git started?

I can program some, and i've SOME netwerk xp

First, you have to turn 18. Then you can post on this website.

Please don't post like an idiot and rile people up in our comfy thread.

Go to the pastes in the OP and do your research. That is why the OP is there.

The question is, does it work?

Read the pasta, it contains a direct guide on starting and it isn't even hidden in the other compiled resources.

never mind, it's actually not how I'm suppose to fuck the program up,

I'm suppose to make an unsigned integer loop over, essentially
1073741824 * 4 = 0

Is the libreboot x200 the most /cyb/ laptop ever?

That would be a plain dumb phone.

tech has perpetually made "hacking" not as feasible, SocialENG is the new cyber sec game, a well placed thumb drive outside a data center, some empty boxes to get a door opened you should not be able to get through, that phone game on lock telemarketing like a pro, high gain mini antennas well placed in receptions machine to create a rouge access point, you can try to hack but I don't need to run any spam tech to get into something, just a little social engineering

forget that even better would be direct employment in the business you want information from.

backdoors for days, dedication to a fucking cause

actually amazing the kind of information and access they give to new employees in the latest companies I attempted to work for.

You do know there are more unsecured Internet facing 'services' today than there have ever been right?
Just because you make something up, doesn't make it true.
In fact, this is quite a well known and concerning problem.
In fact, with more and more 'smart' technology in businesses, homes and in public, the world is becoming ever more hackable with each passing year, lustrum and decade.
Next time, think before you type, it might improve your attempts at trolling/derailing.
Merci beaucoup, I'm sure you'll show yourself out.

Hiro is using us to captcha farm and make money from Google. This is why you should use the legacy captcha.

its hilarious, I went to SXSW to do a bit of job networking this year, and there were droves of potential employers from the video game industry, that were o so impress I had my CCIE, they thought it was super edgy and cool, the faggots were interested in me "protecting their servers" (whatever the fuck they thought that meant) and were ready to email me log files from recent attacks, so many dumbasses who think they work in the tech industry, with "social media" and "graphics design" degrees basically cuck out when you start talking security

Then there is the otherway
>imageboard without captcha (to stop the bot spam)
>get spammed
>now use captcha system

Make them do math and then you'd remove the problem of CS undergraduates.

whatever you say crash override

>Knows less than the VICE Cyberwar reporter.
>Still tries to act with authority.
You truly are a pathetic being and a hopeless troll.

>literally every other image board site has no captcha or a simple one that isn't from Google
>(You) still justify it because "muh spam" when there are other options available that are easy and free to implement, and don't track the user
Wew lad.

you truly are a silly faggot if you think social engineering does not play a huge role in information security

I didn't say that it did not.
I disputed your claim that the majority of things are 'unhackable' without social engineering.
Don't strawman, it weakens your argument.
Not that it was much of one.
I'd advise, as a merciful god, that you back down before you get MUH FEELS hurt and shit up this thread anymore than you've already attempted to.

you do realize it is extremely easy to calculate stuff which means it won't stop spammers right?

children now.. its still afternoon, how about you both cool the fuck off

>I'd advise, as a merciful god, that you back down before you get MUH FEELS hurt and shit up this thread anymore than you've already attempted to.
I've already asked him to stop, for his own good.
The onus lies with him.

>sometimes i wish youd just shut your big yapper

you just cant bear to not reply can you faggot, let it go. its over

Since Space Corps is a thing now, is it wrong working for the gubbmint? I've wanted to be something like this my whole lif

And now my suspicions are confirmed, you're a samefag trying to masquerade as an 'innocent interloper'.
Nice try, but I'm smarter than you.

Things start to get real nasty when Tor mirror is introduced.
At least if the captcha is not under googles botnet then it's tolerable.

Or, you could found your own 'astro-warfare' private contracting company?

space piracy, fuck yeah

can't wait to intercept droneships as they make their yearly run from jupiter to earth

perhaps you should take your meds and gtfo if you cant be a normal human being. not everything is about you, and strangers can be nice on the Sup Forums, if only we didnt have niggers like you ruining it for the rest of us

>Changing your IP to win a minor point of contention.
It would certainly explain the unusually long gap between your last posts and this one, when compared to your earlier posting averages.
Still not willing to back down?
Deary me, isn't one kicking in enough?
Are you a masochist?

you're either trolling or have some serious autismo

Says the samefag who isn't backing down and went as far as changing IP just to win a minor point.
I think we both suffer from intense autismo.
Back down, for your own sake.

oh my god, just stop fucking arguing you autist and take your meds

You guys are shitting up my comfy cyb thread don't make me track your IPs and totally hack you.

Why don't you?
We're equally guilty.

im not the "same fag" you were referring to, so stop arguing in the /cyb/ + /sec/ thread

neither was I but that didn't stop his autismo from accusing me even after i presented proof. i could have my modem off for a fucking week and i still would get the same IP back. but here we are.

Anyone have an good sugestions on how to make a DNS server on a personal router? I got the 3040 for that reason but did not have luck with OpenWRT.

That sounds aesthetic as fuck; /cyb/, /sec/ and /k/ in outer space (and on other celestial bodies).
Sounds like the basis to an masterpiece cyberpunk story, to be honest.

Which generation(s) of ThinkPad does Stallman suggest?

Since the US legalised space mining I guess the action will be in private sector. That could still turn hot. In fact many have set their eyes on Psyche, an asteroid which is so dense it probably is the remains of the core of a planetesimal. This would mean it is so full of precious metals that it would make the Chinese stranglehold on precious and rare earth metals implode overnight.

Unless of course the Chinese shot down the mining expedition. Given they probably gunned down 3000 students in 1989 this would just be par for the course.

Our children and grandchildren get all of the fun.

Why are you stealing from the /fucko/ template, OP? Did you want to get fucko'd?

ABANDON THREAD. OP IS AN INSURGENT. FAKE FUCKO THREAD

Not if we defy God and achieve stable immortality user. Your immortal cybernetic clone will have all the fun at the very least.

Those threads haven't existed in a while.
Also, it isn't intellectual property and it was based upon the previous /cyb/ /sec/ threads that died out a while ago.
Call it a revival.
Or better yet?
Make your own /fucko/ threads and bring back the 'original community'?

GET ON THE GROUND, FUCKO

SQUAD TAKE HIS STORAGE DEVICES NOW

Too late, I've swallowed them all. :^)

QUIET, FUCKO

The future sounds colourful.

>Our children and grandchildren get all of the fun.
Well, will they? Have a look at this: I am not really sure where we are heading. There is CRISPR/Cas9, the coming AI revolution that will claim most jobs, the prospect of basic pay, a likely dramatic increase in life expectancy, a Western economic structure that imploded in 2008 and shows little sign of recovering short of outrageous propaganda, end of cheap raw materials and oil yet prospect of vast space resources, a possible space race to the Moon and beyond, a possible conflict on He3 resources and more.

Fun? Perhaps. It might be the future we'd like to see.

Cryptocurrency will take over and kill off central and reserve banking as we know it.

I've finally found work for crypto doing graphic design for startup sites. Ive found 2 guys with chunks of BTC wanting help. I'm sure more are waiting.

I've wanted this for a while.

I need to save and convert as much as I can for the cool toys coming around 2025

Art.
drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B3XpfZjUfT-2NFdLWVhpamUyNU0

You cryptofags are hilarious, refuse to even acknowledge the huge problems with crypto.
USD can only be manipulated by the Fed, and if we switched back to the gold standard that wouldn't be a problem. Cryptocurrency can be manipulated by any country or organization in the world with enough money, which is already happening. The only people pushing crypto are NEETs trying to make money.
Paypal and banks require personal information for their users, its only a matter time before crypto is forced to require the same or be banned, which completely defeats the one advantage crypto has, anonymity.

>USD can only be manipulated by the Fed
Wrong.
>Who is Soros?

>and if we switched back to the gold standard that wouldn't be a problem.
I agree, but we wont.

>Cryptocurrency can be manipulated by any country or organization in the world with enough money, which is already happening.
And? It doesn't have the same ramifications as money backed by reserve currency.

>The only people pushing crypto are NEETs trying to make money.
A lot of crypto requires a decent amount of startup capital, something NEETs wouldn't have, so try again.

>Paypal and banks require personal information for their users, its only a matter time before crypto is forced to require the same or be banned
Whoa, nice statism.
You know banning stuff (certainly digital) doesn't work right?
And even moreso when it is DECENTRALISED.

>which completely defeats the one advantage crypto has, anonymity.
Crypto isn't anonymous, logs last forever.
The only way to be anonymous using it is general /sec/ implementations, like degrees of seperation (VPNs, proxies) and also using new wallets as often as possible.

So, all I've gathered from your post is, that you have a superficial knowledge of the subject that seems to be gleaned from poorly written 'articles' on it.

You are exactly what I mean, a NEET that refuses to acknowledge that crypto is just a meme.
Not all technological advancements are advancements.

I just falsified everything you said and you've made a non-argument as your faux-sophist retort.
I think we're done here.

cyberpunk larpers gtfo sec

>Low energy trolling.
Thanks for the bump though.

what major companies still use IBM mainframes?