If the FOSS movement led by Richard Stallman a mental disease?

If the FOSS movement led by Richard Stallman a mental disease?

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/linux/comments/6l583u/what_recourse_do_i_have_if_im_being_forced_to_use/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Yes. Why didn't he use a library computer or something? It's not his hardware so it doesn't affect his freedom.

>Australian Human Rights Commission
... Holy shit, this guy might be legitimately mentally ill

I'm like 95% on board with free software but... damn

Just about anything taken to an extreme can be seen as that, yes. Then you have the normal people who just want the best product at the lowest price. I use linux mint, which has some proprietary blobs, but is the OS I like the most. I also was given an unlocked iPhone 6S for free by a friend who wanted the 7. I plan to use it until apple no longer supports it.

There's nothing wrong with having principles, but the "ONLY FOSS" principle is just silly in a capitalistic society.

> It descends further into madness each line
> Australian Human Rights Commission
This guy is legit batshit loco

>I want the acknowledgement from this school without actually meeting the demanded criteria in order to obtain said acknowledgment.

If he doesn't like it, he can go start his own college that uses only FOSS.

It's kind of like veganism. You can't convince people with moral arguments if there is no practical benefit for them. Take a wild guess why BSD style "open source" is more popular than "free software" and copyleft.

Stallman actually admitted this himself and knows about it, he's just stubborn enough that he'd rather die trying and go down with the ship than to compromise on a single bit of his "principles".

Sauce? I want to monitor what happens to this guy over the next few days.

> Architecture faculty
> All bridges fall and roads have the turns in the wrong angle because there's no good CAD software for Linux
Really makes you think

Just Google it you lazy fuck.

reddit.com/r/linux/comments/6l583u/what_recourse_do_i_have_if_im_being_forced_to_use/

Why should I? You just did it for me. :^)

Sounds like another demand that this guy needs to fill. For free, of course.

Agreed. I'm with Torvalds on the "I use the best thing" boat. If the options are close, I'll choose the FLOSS option (or closest equivalent), but I also don't think that it's inherently wrong for closed-source to exist. There are some kickass programs out there that it makes sense to pay for, after all. I don't see why you should arbitrarily cut yourself off. I'm an advocate, not an extremist.

>Posted from my Macbook Pro™ Retina® with Touch Bar©
We'll get that font rendering eventually, buddy

>using the smiley with a carat nose

We call them universities in Australia. Please tone your typical American linguistic neo-colonialism down a notch, k sweetie?

How can the examiner distinguish between copied and original spreadsheet submissions? If there is a house style all the answers are going to be identical and they would be practically identical anyway. There's a reason why maths assignments have to show working.

>If the FOSS movement led by Richard Stallman a mental disease?
no, that's just a reddit thing.
Now you have to go back, they are waiting for you OP

Aww, that's cute, the discarded genetic trash of an early experiment in eugenics (exiling criminals to an uninhabitable rock called Australia) has an opinion.

no, it has more to do with not allowing corporate entities to deny access to mental operations as expressed in encoded procedures implemented by machines

I didn't know Australians shitposted irl too

Same for Russia. College is equal to technical school, where workers like welders and builders are graduated.

Cool. College here usually refers to a boarding school (where rich parents send their teenage sons to learn how to give A+ dorm room handies), or like a military college (same thing only they wear uniforms).

Say hi to your neighbours Pedro and Jamal for me, seppo cunt.