HE'S RESIGNED

HE'S RESIGNED
>theguardian.com/politics/2016/jun/24/david-cameron-resigns-after-uk-votes-to-leave-european-union

ALL HAIL BRITANNIA

Maybe Trudeaux and Queen Izzy can come to an agree whereby the Queen becomes the queen of both Canada and the "United" Kingdom, and Trudeaux can be the president of both.

Big Dave aint so big after this

thought it was b8 and fake link
but it's real
!!!!!

Have you been sniffing glue or something? I barely even know what the fuck that is? We have some semi-competent potential PMs waiting in the wings.

fucking weakling

isn't it like career suicide for him>?

to resign at time of great pressure?

like imagine churchill saying "haha peace im out my niggas" during WW2

GOD SAVE THE QUEEN!

Why did you make him cry, bongs?

Pig-fucker Dodgy Dave doesn't have what it takes.

>to resign at time of great pressure?

thats not why he's doing it. you can't just go around saying that brexit would cause an untold amount of damage for the economy, then when your country does actually vote in favour of it continue to run it.

also if the
>Cameron’s team in Downing Street were shocked and distraught by the narrow win for leave

narrow win thing is true, Sup Forums might have been the deciding factor

forging memes that later make it into the information field of normies

meme magik is real?

literally started laughing on the train after i read this

Didn't he say that he would resign if leave wins?

>Bait a minority of people in to voting for you by promising a referendum that won't pass anyway
>That minority turns out to be a majority

This is a sitcom-tier twist of events.

someone summarize the happenings for me please
Why did people want to leave the EU in the first place? I keep hearing because of nationalism or freedom or something but surely theres some actual reason? and are the effects as devastating as everyone is saying?

this

The Queen is already queen of both Canada and the United Kingdom

Lol
If he were Japanese, he would have to do Seppuku now lol.

>American posters

agreement*

This is so fucking confusing to me. I didn't realise this was a thing PMs did. When was the last time it happened? what the fuck

> Incendiary politician leading his country to an unnecessary referendum
> Ignorant plebs votes to shoot at their own feet

You made the wine, so you have a cup, based Cameron

Basically britbongs dont know how economy works and voted out.

Are you fucking retarded?

Lizzie already is the Queen of Canada, separately from the being Queen of the UK

>Get elected because of a retarded referendum
>Britain willingly shoots itself in the foot just to have him resign
Didn't this guy have like a 15% approval rating?

Thanks for handing over the financial capital.

Wtf I like Cameron now

>leech mad that he has one less cow to suck from

Weird how Farage is the real winner out of this and yet the one with the least "real" political power. Am I right in that?

wait what

PMs always resign if they stake their credibility/government on specific legislation

He quits the power with dignity.

sucha spineless faggot
farage is getting smug as hell about now

I've never known of an Australian PM to resign. They either lose an election or lose a leadership challenge. Or goes for a swim, or the Queen kicks them out. I can't imagine it happening, it feels so weird

>David Cameron
>dignity
Please choose one, and only one.

That sounds really dumb though. I refuse to believe that many people are this dumb. There must be more to it

>keep hearing because of nationalism or freedom or something but surely theres some actual reason?
because they didn't like that merkel and other people were making big decisions that affected them hugely (because they were bound by them) without having any actual democratic stake in them happening.

we honestly don't know what the effects will be.

Fresh off the boat from reddit kid? The UK is fine without the EU, it's just a short shock that will be over soon

Best way to sum this whole thing up.

Fresh off the ferry from Sup Forums kid?

It was much more than just muh economy.

MUH ECONOMY is the only argument pro-EU shills have, and it's not even a logical one.

How would you feel if people in Belgium made laws and regulation and your country had to follow them? Shit is a matter of national sovereignty

For our country's sake please don't post here anymore

why does he have an Apple pin on his tuxedo?

>beat australia at rugby
>crash your economy the next week with no survivors

really makes you think

cuz he's a fucking fruit

Americans wanted UK to stay because it's their single most effective point of influence to the EU

>I'm from Sup Forums and let me tell you about your country

Well then, interesting times ahead all right. Just got to hope that the pro-leaving politicians were right and we'll end up stronger on the other side.

>How would you feel if people in DC made laws and regulation and your country had to follow them?

but I already live in that world. You fuckers signed up for a EUROPEAN UNION and you ceded political control for a transnational entity.

right, well, on to the next. now we'll have to ask mrs. merkel on whether she'd like a special relationship...

she's already directly spied on by the five eyes desu, i don't think it would change all that much if you picked her up instead

"… Every time we have to decide between Europe and the open sea, it is always the open sea we shall choose."
— Winston Churchill

The 21st century establishment on both the right and left needs to stop changing peoples and cultures.

Okay I obviously don't know shit about british politics
How can the PM just up and leave? I mean imagine if Obama decided one day to stop being the president.
Who's doing the PM shit right now?

He will leave by October, they will appoint someone else by then maybe have an election as well.

That's what's got me so baffled. I've never heard of a PM just resigning. Replacing him is fairly simple though, if it works exactly the same as here. Whoever the party in power chooses to be their next leader will be PM. You vote the party in, not the person.

Still fucking weird. why'd he do it, lads

>we'll have to ask mrs. merkel on whether she'd like a special relationship...
Hm I always thought you thought yourselves to be above that

I mean, what do WE have to offer that would be of interest to Americans?

Our media likes to think of ourselves as somewhat powerful, like we're involved in the Five-Eyes or whatever, but it's bullshit. Our NSA (BND) is fucking incompetent and probably doesn't even manage to suck NSA's dick to get intel from them.
We have absolutely no political power in the UNSC and despite being the """"largest power"""" in the EU all they do is hold speeches and wank each other's dicks.

USA or Russia or China could probably single-handedly destroy Germany and/or some parts of the EU. Heck, I'd go so far as to say Canada would stand a good chance as well because at least they have some integrity left.

He really screwed the pig on this one lads

They don't like us.

>I mean, what do WE have to offer that would be of interest to Americans?

Putin thinks you like him for some reason. Also theoretically you guys could have a strong military that would train well with American special forces if you didn't turn your nazi swords into plowshares

you have a prime minister too, it's this guy

(((((((You))))))))

Didn't Nixon resign?

BORIS JOHNSON BORIS JOHNSON BORIS JOHNSON BOOOOOOOOOOORIS
>actually a serious candidate
YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEW

I'm pretty sure there was an episode of Blackadder with this exact plotline.

Next thing you know, UK will ball up and get rid of Shariah Law.

The premiership is an executive office, not a legislative one. Just because the prime minister is traditionally a member of parliament is only because a government in the Westminster system has to pass a vote of confidence. There have been British PMs who have been Lords for instance.

The House Majority leader has no executive power and is no way analogous to the PM. The closer comparison would be the leader of the government in the house.

>imagine if Obama decided one day to stop being the president
Then Joe Biden would take over because that's the job of the Vice President?

I thought this was obvious. Is our education really that fucked up?

He was the frat boy of an obnoxious fraternity and never left his frat roots behind.

He is still so burthurt about his frat background that he even applied copyright to his frat group picture and forbid British media from posting the old picture of his college frat.

>when a leaf replies to your pos

what's wrong with his post, dubs? looks fine to me.

Majority Leader isn't a legal office. Our parties aren't officially sanctioned.

do you even know what a constitutional monarchy is m8 ?

I know, but to answer your question the pm resigning is pretty similar to that guy resigning

Oh, I see what you're saying. The man is gone, but the balance of power in the legislature remains the same.

exactly, the conservatives will just elect one of their MPs as leader

Yeah, but they go to the polls every five years, versus our three. Add to that, they literally just had an election last year. You really wouldn't want some sad sack hanging around for four. more. years.

...so, the same as ours?

I don't really know what a 'frat' is but it isn't a thing here.

you are retarded
in the US, president is the head of government, just like prime minister is the head of government in parliament system

just because the speaker is also the popular dude in the representative chamber doesn't make him the "prime minister"

prime minister is the monarch's first minister, which would be more analogous to secretary of state in the president's cabinet (since president is also head of state)

>you can't just go around saying that brexit would cause an untold amount of damage for the economy
The Pound lost 25% of it's value today

Nixon resigned you dumb nerd

So, basically, if he didn't resign there would've been a leadership spill at some point to get rid of him?

being japanese must sucks

gj britbongs

you finally did something right

NOW WE NEED #FIXIT

>promote a referendum in Scotland he almost loses
>promote a referendum for Brexit he actually loses
>his country going to shit as we speak

Greatest goy of them all

If fucking over the EU was all it took to get rid of Cameron then why didn't you lads do this years ago?

>If he were Japanese, he would have to do Seppuku now lol.

Then why is this bitch still breathing?

I want Scotland and N. Ireland leave the ship now.

Dangerous move. Crimea sounds a lot like Karelia, doncha think?

Majority leader just speaks for the house majority. He has no real power outside of what his party, and the house gives him.

Your country is my favourite to say aloud when I watch Euriovision. It feels nice in my mouth.

No homo, right

thanks bruv, yell it wide aloud at the top of your lungs

>2016
>being straight

not much of a career left once you've reached the top spot anyways

No. We were better off without the EU. We wuz prosperous n shyt.

>American education

martina

>britanistan country-suiciding on my birthday
Best birthday gift ever tbH