Just changed distros for the 7th time this week

>just changed distros for the 7th time this week
who /distro hopping/ here? how do I settle down with 1 operating system

I used to do that, genuinely settled on Ubuntu. It's awful in many ways but reliable/feature packed enough to keep me from hopping but more importantly, OFF windows.

Im gonna hijack your thread for a sec
>Build new rig
>Its having performance issues
>CPU is performing extremely below average.
>Type out a complex and well thought out paragraph on TomsHardware
>30 minutes later, 1 reply
>Lol did you turn it on and off again
>Look at the other threads
>Literal retard questions
>One thread 'Can't turn on computer'
>139 replies
>Dude didnt turn on his PSU switch
Im fucking livid right now

Did you remove the plastic thing from your cpu cooler

I settled on Arch because I'm a Zerg.

>a distro a day keeps the botnet away

Uh, I think so? Wouldnt my CPU be dead by now If I didnt?

Settled on fedora.
They're all pretty much the same desu senpai

How to settle down with one system? Best option is to break down exactly what you're wanting in a Linux distro. Find something that fulfills some of your needs or all. Or just compile your own and figure out exactly what you want.

Actually no, I had an i3 I forgot to remove the plastic from the heatsink and the difference was only ~20°C

So would this be on the proccessor or CPU fan?

What plastic are you talking about? I have a Stock CPU fan from Intel and the only thing I see is copper and thermal paste at the bottom

this

install gentoo

Install Fedora

Bedrock Linux may be the ultimate distro-hoppers distro: it lets you combine distros.

install debian
practice no fap month

Debian or ubuntu

all other distros are too unstable for daily drivers. Fedora and elementry are all right too.

those days are over for me

Every now and then the itch to install Gentoo comes along only for me to give up early during the install.

i do the same thing. last time i installed the base system and then just stopped when it was time to install X

If I had a second computer I could probably go through with it but as it stands I main a Thinkpad X301 and have no idea how long it's gonna take to compile on this thing. I don't want to be without my daily driver too long.

on my i7 x230 with the genkernel it took like 35minutes to get the kernel compiled. but after that setting up a usable environment takes quite a bit of time and work

You customize it.

lame old pasta, fuck off

When I started with Linux in ~2008 this was my life. I went Ubuntu → Fedora → Sabayon → OpenSUSE → Arch. Stopped using Arch in 2016 when I got a new computer because Ubuntu is way easier to install and I lost my ricer urges, and Ubuntu has improved a bit.

Arch had shit up to date, and importantly in binary packages that were actually mutually compatible; no more fucked up yum repos or ppas. Also fairly straightforward configuring/ricing. I'm pretty nostalgic for pacman after using apt for so long. PKGBUILDs were nice.

For something actually neat in an age of converged Linux distros, NixOS is purty gud

Install Gentoo

Settle on one for a few days, set up virtual machines, try to work on each vm for a day and try to choose based on that.

when you actually do some real work other than trying to be special on Sup Forums, you will settle down because you dont have time to be stupid

>Started emerge on: Jul 25, 2005 14:24:25