Horrorweld Thread

Post your worst experiences as a welder, I'll start with some of mine.

That is a 3.2 mm stick in there, dangling like a micropenis in a post dogfart milf

before

after
Just look at those fkn scales omg i shat bricks with this one.

Nice pictures there, but I don't really understand what's happening.

saddle on a pressurized divisor system for iso standards in a power plant just look at all that faggotry

Go fk yourself pressurized divisor system for a power plant

What will your health be in 20 years?

Basically these are all terrible mistakes in technological pipe assembly and welding. I'm hoping to give some lucky engineer a good laf

"here, make a water and air tight weld along this 8 foot seam with 6011, on 16g galvanized, and I cut the hole myself, there's no more than a half inch gap. You have 1 day."

I quit two days later.

>look at me guys
>I'm a blue collar welder man
>I'm a hard worker
>maybe these computer egg-heads will understand what I'm talking about
>melting metal with fire? yeah, that's technology we all have in mind

Also, your welds look pretty good, OP. Where do you work?

he makes more money than you

how will you even recover?

Dogs make more money than me

I work at a company in east hungary the ass end of europe i earn 3.5 euros an hour and i'm planning to get out of this chickenshit outfit in a few months

Is this not fucking technology? You dumb piece of shit.

I have no fucking problem with this kind of technology, princess.

My grandpas been doing this kinda stuff most of his life, while working with machining and heavy equipment. He's almost in his 80s and is developing cataracts slowly.

I don't know why you think you're cucking me with his allegedly high wages as a welder.

I also have no idea why OP is coming off like welding is something this board can easily relate with.

Why are you protecting this garbage?

How hard do you have to fuck up to get a gap like that?

Jesus fuck, just miter it.

This
Despite me being the winston wolfe of this company I earn less than the average nohopers in my country

This is better off on /diy/ honestly, Sup Forums is 80% Sup Forums, 15% autism, and 5% people with tech jobs.

Shut up egg-head, welding is an art.
This belongs on /diy/ though.

Because robots are literally taking your job

>6011
>half inch gap

I would have used 7018, fuck that nonsense.

are you srsly earning just 30euros a day as a fucking welder? Someone is srsly ripping you off even in Eastern Eu, welders earn decent amount like 100euros a day

I don't understand, why not use a strip of metal to fill in the gap instead of using only welding sticks?

This.

A-are those meant to be welded together?

OP if you're going to post weld-gore you need to explain why it's gore in the first place. I like your thread, but my perception of a "good weld" is one that connects two pieces of metal together. I know nothing more than that.

Robots can't climb into tight areas with lots of other pipes, fit around tightly packed corners, fix problems themselves, these are all POSITIONED welds meaning you can't rotate the pipe and most of it is obscured by other pipes and walls and shit your robots wouldn't be able to navigate

that dick looks like a finger

If they do quality control on his welds, i.e., x-ray his welds, that's some shit you'd get fired for. Here in the US anyways.

I'm not a welder but I'm a pipefitter. OP's first picture is fucking horrific.
The gap in op's pic is humongous for tig welding. At most you want about an 1/8th inch gap. That 1 inch gap is massive. Apparently whoever beveled that pipe doesn't know how to bevel worth a fuck.

>30 euros a day

You sure you don't mean 300 a day? Fucking hell, when I've done pipeline work in alaska I've seen welder get paid upward of $50/hr and $120 a day per diem working 7 days a week 12 hours a day.

I had to stick it together with something it needed that extra artistical touch. I made it though... When the xray ppl come just shh!

Problem is, it's eastern europe where everyone can be bought, these are "low priority" systems and I can't say no because i would have to reject approx 97% of the fits I get. And my salary is indeed THAT low. All the good fitters and welders are leaving because of this, only the alcoholics and nohopers remain here. Woe is me, but i'm moving as well. This shit ain't worth my time. Is good for practice tho...
That's me having a go at it in a snowstorm btw

You'd have more luck in

Holy shit those gaps and alignments.

I don't know how anyone could work for that cheap. Gotta do what you gotta do though.

Come to the US and take some weld tests, get paid what you're actually worth.

Gonna move to /diy/ as suggested, here's a farewell pic to sum up my resumé

I don't envy you a bit.

I live there too, I work as a sysadmin and I earn about the same as you, fuck this place

come to america my brother. here welders get like $25-35 an hour at some military contract place.

How many fucking rods fit in there?

Okay a bonus pic, that last one welded, I think it's already broken because of shit quality, and I ACTUALLY showed that one to the manager, he said weld it quickly while the quality control guys are checking your prefab stuff.
I mean JUST LOOK AT THAT FKN INVERSE WALL WHAT THE ACTUAL FUG? :DDDDDD

My father is a tig/arc welder. He even worked on some stuff used for a nuclear reactor of that new nuclear plant they're building (the machine pretty much did all the job and he was paid a shitton for doing fucking nothing).
I wish I knew how to weld shit.

That's an orbiter, buddy. It's a robot welding machine, you need to preprogram it is usually used in high priority systems, stuff they break walls for in order to make that weld. In nuclear plants there is REAL quality control and 100% xray, your dad is most likely a robot operator welding engineer and is actually doing half a scientist's job.

Why link to a japanese brony shitposting containment board?

amazing

t.welder

>I wish I knew how to weld shit.

MIG is easy as fuck, stick is a bit more technical but the motion so to speak is still as easy a MIG, and TIG is the most difficult.

Welding is easy as shit. Making quality, professional welds, especially on pipe isn't. The shit takes time. Easy to do, hard to master.

Almost everything op has posted, a pipefitter here in the US would get fired for.

All of these gaps are giant and required a crazy amount of material to weld. Seriously, I don't know a single welder who would even begin to weld on some of that shit. Quality control would get rid of you so fucking fast.

If op wasn't in eastern europe he wouldn't have to deal with that kind of bullshit, and he'd have better fits. For what OP's been given his welds actually look pretty damn solid.

Stop babysitting other boards.

will it hold?

I'm only proficient with TIG, I mostly weld stainless steel and carbon steel systems, usually weld stuff most people from my company refuse to- can't- or failed to do, but "it has to be done cause of deadline and it has to be done as is" Had NO leaks so far, all of those terrible gaps were actually welded. The beneficient side of this is that they give me some freedom, they don't make faces when I disappear for hours and sleep in the canteen etc...
Pic's something i had to fix in a pharmaceutical company. It's another person's shit and it actually failed QC

16bar 150C water input to a heating pipeline, you tell me brah

Didn't have enough booze to shoot straight, didnt have ANY ROOT PROTECTION ON A FKN STAINLESS STEEL PIPE

I mean for how many years?

It has a 6 year guarantee and 3 have already passed. After that 6 years it can blow the fuck up on them and they'll blame aging.

Doesn't welding fuck up you eyes?

jesus fucking christ ivans cant weld for shit this is legit the hand eye coordination of someone drunk

Slagging. Classy.

Only if you look in to the torch without protection.
You'll feel like there's sand in your eyes for a full day or even longer, depending on how fucked you are.

This guy's eyes were fucked up all right. Turns out he was using 11 factor glass with a 30 amp weld on top of all that. I think all he saw was a little star.
I had to reweld at least 30 of his welds COMPLETELY because he notoriously used fewer amps than he should have. Lack of integrity for dayz.

I knew they didn't make much but I never really gave it much thought how low their incomes are in the eastern parts of europe. Only a couple hundred per month. Wow. No wonder the girls there have reputations for being gold digging and jumping on foreign guys and trying to escape with them.

I actually had some sore eyes when I couldn't fit into tight spaces with my shield and had to weld like pic related because they didn't send any equipment to deal with such issues, that means no mirror, no KKK tier sack on my head, no small pistol for better navigation, NOTHING, just war and horror.
don't try it, it hurts like a motherfucker and you will be crippled if you do it too often. I only had it twice and I don't want any more of that. Couldn't sleep it was like getting my eyes pierced with a thousand pins at the same time. Couldn't stop walking back and forth in my room, swearing at the cieling, wanting to go an hero.

My thread on /diy/ kinda died in its infancy so i'll just keep bamping this shit with more pics of horror. These are my oldest ones, I have less hair and more PTSD today.

You seem to be really enjoying welding OP. It is too bad that you ain't being paid well and you have to do it under horrible conditions.

Nice weld, breh. I'm a structural engineer and I don't give the welds I call out too much thought.
>Hmm, I don't really feel like calculating the stress on this weld, I'm sure they can easily do a CJP.

"Fix that shit pls!" the pharmaceutical company engineers said
"What's in god's name is that goo?" I asked them.
"You don't wanna know." They said.
"GG NO RE, FIND ANOTHER SCHMUCK THAT DOESN'T WANNA KNOW!" I said.

Good call OP, that shit looks like it will melt your balls and make you have kids with 3 heads or something.

Yeah I really enjoy doing it, but sometimes it just makes me wanna shoot ppl. I zapped my fair share tho. When they hold the pieces too far apart I sometimes pick the arc on the wrong one on purpose. If it shocks them, well it wasn't too far apart after all, TOO BAD YOU HAVE TO START THE ASSEMBLING OVER AGAIN!
Here are some scaffolds I actually scaled.

Those planks underneath the wheels are covering elevator shafts :D Something broke inside me that day. I climbed up and I climbed down a different person.

Lol also no brakes on the wheels i just noticed ZOMG... i wouldn't climb that shit nowadays I know better than that now.

These look unreliable as fuck. For how many years have you been doing this?

Btw does anyone know what this color code means? It's not sky blue and it's not green, and all it said on the box is "made in china"

I've been welding for a total of 2 years now (I sometimes take a longer break and disappear for like 6-8 months). Been a welder since 2013