What email client does Sup Forums use? Since Thunderbird doesn't get the attention it deserves from Mozilla...

What email client does Sup Forums use? Since Thunderbird doesn't get the attention it deserves from Mozilla, I'm looking for a FOSS client that doesn't look ugly as fuck like Claws or Kmail.

Other urls found in this thread:

hg.mozilla.org/comm-central
squirrelmail.org/plugin_view.php?id=17
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

OMG TEH REI

Unless you use a terminal-based client, everyone checks their email from a web browser nowadays.

>kmail
>ugly
Spotted gnometard.
Use geary or evolution then.

I normally do as well, but college and work and others all pile email addresses on me. I think I have five right now for different things.

>browser, when you have multiple mails

>doesn't get attention from Mozilla,
You say it like it's a bad thing.

If they have it half the time they gave Firefox, I think they could actually make a great mail client.

Windows 10 mail

Don't leave it. No attention means no SJWs, there are still daily builds and it's all very much alive. Look:

hg.mozilla.org/comm-central

i use thunderbird...
I have tried a couple of clients but i fall back to Thunderbird. Its just the best one around

I use kmail for now.
Would love to have something with better exchange support like have the calender built in, but I haven't found any solutions that work.

If anyone know a client that works, please share it

>look ugly as fuck
What are you, a child?

Anyone knows how to make thunderbird check GMail accounts with 2 step authentication? I have to enable less secure applications or some shit, I don't want to do that.

Outlook for work and Thunderbird for personal.

Install a more recent build and re-add your Gmail account, you should get a browser based logon prompt for oAuth.

thanks!

>terminal-based client
Recommendations for this?

mutt

thanks

Geary on PC
K-9 Mail on android

>it's 2017 and there's still no good stand-alone email client

Outlook is decent.

Be a man, use mutt

claws

>ugly as fuck like Claws or Kmail
claws looks good, fucking faggot millennial

I'm sticking with thunderbird.

I use Seamonkey for work email and calendar. Thunderbird is fine as a FOSS email client though, if you don't want to deal with terminal-based email.

k9, don't want to put time on learning mutt.

Geary. I used to use Thunderbird but it's an unwieldy piece of bloated shit now. They still haven't gotten around to fixing a bug that makes it impossible to upload or download attachments that I've run into on both Debian and Fedora.

In my previous job, I was using Thunderbird because I had 4 different e-mail accounts I had to look after.

I long since quit that job and uninstalled Thunderbird, and I now only use [spoiler]Gmail's[/spoiler] web interface.

bumping this until someone mentions a proper e-mail client

icedove

Niggertits

Tell this doesn't look like it's straight out of Windows ME

Self hosted Squirrel is pretty comfy

Tutanota is pretty alright.
You bastard, my lungs are hurting now.

Opera Mail

Since when are only children allowed to have software that looks nice?

Tutanota for professional shit, Protonmail for private correspondence.

Outlook 2016. I say this unironically.

This, or Evolution

Who gives a shit? Not everything has to look gay and riced. Its an email client. Like a letter box.

>Thunderbird doesn't get the attention it deserves from Mozilla
Thank fucking god it doesn't, that's why it didn't turn into an utter pile shite like Firefox did yet.
Also Thunderbird.

underrated

Thunderbird is still the best though.
Maybe the UI and UX can use some work. But since it is Mozilla we're talking about here, you have to be carefull what you wish for.
Thunderbird has all the functionality you can possibly want woth plugins.

Any themes that make Thunderbird look acceptable? I'm used to Apple mail so it looks horribly dated.

>not using mutt

sylpheed

Hey Sup Forums do you know a web service that I can run on my VPS to check my mails from every adresse I have ? Like thunderbird but in a web service.

neomutt

I don't think there is anything dated about Thunderbird. It still receives updates and to be fair, there is nothing I'd change with the client.

Even Opera 12 works fine. I mean shit, it's an email client. It's not like much's changed.

roundcube or squirrelmail self hosted should let you import accounts

squirrelmail.org/plugin_view.php?id=17

TT Deepdark

It not getting attention from mozilla is a good thing.

Thunderbird

It is really inefficient to view each and every e-mail account in browser. I have at least five that I actively use.

Is there a version that isn't darklikemysoul?

They've been working on a redesign for ages

Thunderbird is the best cross platform client I've found. However, we should really lobby Mozilla to make it a primary product again. For instance, it still lacks the ability to integrate seamlessly with Gmail style sub-mailboxes/labels (yes, it can do some sort of ugly thing with various labels and whatnot but not quite the same as looking at Gmail as normal etc), and perhaps more importantly it also is missing integration with services like ProtonMail. Sure, the services where you can export GPG keys and whatnot you can find a workaround, but it would be nice if it was as convenient and private to use as the web client which does end to end encryption. ProtonMail and others have said they'd be willing to work out something like an extension for Thunderbird etc... or for TB to have built in support for better encryption on all layers, from message itself to header and transfer/stream, even if you check it from Thunderbird.

Thunderbird could also use some modernization for PIM tasks like the Lightning calendaring option - which is good, but could be better. To ensure that mobile calendars from various sources etc... all talk back and forth. For instance, being able to share contacts, tasks, calendars etc... between a Nextcloud install, Thunderbird, and ProtonMail and/or Gmail etc.

Thunderbird needs some attention. Its a great FOSS client and I'm not sure I know of a better one right now, though others like Claws and others are very similar if I recall.

>They've been working on a redesign for ages
Exactly, and the slower this happens the better.

Have you fucking looked at firefox recently? MOZILLA STOP
IT'S ALREADY DEAD

>Have you fucking looked at firefox recently? MOZILLA STOP
IT'S ALREADY DEAD
No I've switched to using Chrome almost exclusively mainly due to speed and better development tools, its not the appearance of Firefox that I have a problem with it's the performance, particularly with video content.

I feel fucking old now.