A friend of mine wants to buy a mac with 27" 5k retina display for photo enjoyment and minor editing and asked me for...

a friend of mine wants to buy a mac with 27" 5k retina display for photo enjoyment and minor editing and asked me for advice as he's not very tech-savvy apart from photography. he already has a decent windows laptop so he doesn't actually need a second computer, he'd buy it for the display alone. is there a standalone display which can match the image quality of the 5k mac?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=EJWWtV1w5fw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

LG Ultrafine 5k or the Dell Ultrasharp 32 8k. Windows will never be as comfy though because the font rendering is awful and in general Microsoft has no taste.

youtube.com/watch?v=EJWWtV1w5fw

>buy it for the display alone
lmao

>mactoddler thinks applel has taste
lmao

> buying a monitor without usb-c in 2017

> buying a monitor solely for the fruity logo in 2017

If he is not that tech savy he will be much happier with an iMac (not the iMac Pro, thats just too much).

Windows 10 just does not stop getting worse and worse.

If he really just wants a display, then he should get a separate display.

Enjoy getting cucked by micropenis, cuck.

Until macos deletes all his photos because it's a fucking joke shat out by poo in loo """""""programmers""""""".

>posted from cuckOS
lmao

If he's serious about photo editing, tell him to buy a real monitor. 100% adobe rgb.

>LG Ultrafine 5k
apparently only works with macs?

>Dell Ultrasharp 32 8k
I find that overly expensive.

You can turn that off in 1 or 2 checkboxes. Meanwhile, you're probably off sucking Google's cock, whose information it pulls from you and your computer is 100 times more far reaching.

Some of you people are literally fucking stupid when it comes to technology.

>uses mactoddlerOS
>calling anyone else stupid

Jokes on you, I can triple boot this motherfucker into whatever OS I want to. But I use macOS because Windows 10 is a fucking stupid, sad joke of a modern operating system.

>a fucking stupid, sad joke of a modern operating system.
>while using cuckOS

If windows plebs are normie retards, mactoddlers are literally brain dead drooling morons.

Mac OS is shit.
Windows 10 is shit.
Try use Linux in everyday life for everyday things if you're a normie. It's shit.
IOS is shit.
Android is ok, but mostly shit.

They're all shit and they always will be. Just make do and buy whatever.

>photo enjoyment

do people go out of their way to do this?

>microsoft
>taste

metro is fucking lazy and minimalism gone too far.

>when applel has even less taste than microsoft

When did Apple become such a joke?

2 control panels/settings menus

It's multiculururural.....

I know a lot of developers who use OSX. It's just Unix in a nice case. You don't even have to use the GUI shit, I mostly use the shell and I don't have to deal with my OS breaking every 5mins like Linux. It just works and there's no fucking around. I used to mock Mac users too (And to be fair, the majority of them do deserve mockery) but really most of this is just sour grapes from poorfags.

Dell, HP, and LG all offer a 5k unit. Make sure your friend's laptop has a DisplayPort or Thunderbolt port fully capable of driving the monitor's max resolution/refresh.

apparently people who invest time and money into shooting high quality photos sometimes look at them.

The Ultrafine 4k and Ultrafine 5k both work fine with Windows.

>breaking every 5mins

ITT mactoddlers can't figure out the simplest shit and blame the OS, ends up going back to his fruity toddler toy OS

SAD!

kek saved

I used Linux for 10 years and then I stopped being poor and had less free time, so I use OSX now. I'm thinking about picking up a Thinkpad to run BSD for fun though.

>mactoddler uses linux for 10 years
>still ends up breaking it every 5 minutes of use

Typical technology literacy level for mactoddlers.

>SAD!
Nice to see you diversifying, Donald.

>overly expensive

No it isn't. This is a 8k monitor, which btw is the only one consummers Can get