What password manager do you guys use? Is there any you would recommend?

What password manager do you guys use? Is there any you would recommend?

Other urls found in this thread:

oneshallpass.com/
github.com/Shiimoe/py-pass
passwordstore.org/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

My noggin

iCloud Keychain

passwords.txt

>security through obscurity
>hiding it in plain sight

I personally use and recommend a brain

how do you keep 80 passwords in your brain?

What do you do with 80 accounts anyway?

Not being retarded and praying you dont get Alzheimer's

80? kek, maybe 15. You don't need to create complex password for meaningless things, just use a generic one and don't be autistic.

Or make your password generic like
GaeG54$&@fgvah&-
GaeG54$&@fgvapql
GaeG54$&@fgva))!

The Lastpass botnet has everything of mine.

>sync between clients easily
>mobile sync
>more secure than my home network

Keepass is the autistic counterpart. Everything else is complete trash

you're going to need to change more than 3 chars user. a smart person would use variants of leaked passwords with bruteforce.

/dev/brain

>trusting your info with a company who has leaked data before
Retard

what is the nazi approved password manager? which one keeps away the jews and niggers?

DOWNLOAD KEEPASS IT IS VERY GOOD

When did lastpass leak my data?

ring bound rule notepad.
add security:
1.write passwords in plain text but right to left.
2. label cover "Recipes"

Use keepass you can upload your shitty database on a cloud if you want

you always have to have it on your system though to make use of it. I feel their servers are a lot more secure than my wangblows installation.

This. Then the encryption is your responsibility, not some insecure American company.

You can transfer your sheit to an usb stick a cloud your phone and more

Keepass

Remember that you can't trust Americans with anything.

Keepass

oneshallpass.com/

Anyone not using KeePass is a literal retard of the kind that gets hit by ransomware.

Install gentoo and that should give you your answer.

you can use a small number of passwords and then salt them with the domain name, i.e.
echo "gmail$PASSWORD" | md5sum
this achieves the desired result of the password not being shared across sites in a way that's obviously exploitable by mass break-ins

pass is a good alternative to keepass. it's not as feature-rich but it's so braindead simple (gpg-encrypted files) that it's easy to write your own extensions, or recover data without knowing the file format

using the cloud is dumb

pass, the standard unix password manager

You don't even have to do that. Just come up with something that you can compute in your head or *really* trivially on paper. As an example, take the first and last characters (plus or sans punctuation, I don't care) of a phrase that includes the domain name. Like
>In 2017, this is the Gmail password!
which would yield something like
>In27,tsisteGlpd!

You could change the sentence OR change the function on each word (for example, if you wanted to be a total nutcase about it, you could think of the letters as digits in a base-26 numerical system, and sum them up (examples might be more helpful: a+b=>c; d+n=>r; y+b=>a; etc...) and come up with completely different passwords across all of your services. A more sensible example than summing the characters might be to take the middle character of each word, or something.

I strongly object to needing to have access to a machine that's ready to spit back out an md5 sum. I prefer to use my laptop for everything, so 99% of the time it wouldn't be a problem, but in the off chance I'm on my mobile device and can't access my computer, I don't want to be scrambling to find something that can return that function call for me.

Genius. I love this, thanks.

Protip: You're not the only one who thought of these "genius" ideas. Password crackers already have rules for these kinds of things.

Really? Can you link to something illustrating this?

Breaking a hash or even something simple like is computationally complex. If you have a dump of 10M users' plaintext passwords and you find a bunch of passwords that are gibberish, you'll ignore them and go after the logins whose passwords are "password123".

If you're worried about someone going after you personally, nothing in this thread is sufficient. For one thing, you need MFA.

github.com/Shiimoe/py-pass

My brain. You dont need anything more than 2-3 solid passwords.

And if you're really spooked just have one email/account you do all your everyday stuff on and another for serious business.

>What password manager do you guys use? Is there any you would recommend?
pic related
also, use a couple character substitutions so that even if someone looked at it, they wouldn't be able to have your password.

eWallet

Dashlane

i don't get why this isn't the first and only post.
the muh brain, and muh technique fags really the worst, keepass are alright dudes. the proprietary fags i don't even want to mention

>hiding it in plain text

First post best post.

Second post worst post.

I use KeePass (Desktop Client). I only have to remember two passwords (which are complex, but memorable).

KeePass requires a password to open the program (one password) and it requires a "Key" file to load the passwords into the program.

I keep the key file in a separate encrypted drive (second password).

All is stored locally.

"password123" will be cracked in less than a minute. Then they'll move onto other patterns like the one you suggested. The only way to ensure that your password is never even attempted is to have it be a long string of garbage.

Nearly anything a human brain can faithfully remember can and will be cracked. No one is going to remember something like YAcgE4?wOtbksRtdy%YjiApdx/jSu.WV

AHAAHAHAHAH
haveibeenpwned.com
woops! you just got fucked on 9 different services instead of 1!

>using cloud password management
>paying
>not using FOSS Encryptr

wew lad. It's like you don't even deserve to have money.

MEMORY PALACE

I always wanted to learn that, never got the courage to actually do it

pen and paper

>Nearly anything a human brain can faithfully remember can and will be cracked.

wrong

do I need to post the battery staple comic for the millionth time retard?

firefox with no security
plz no hack

pass + passmenu + pinentry-gtk-2

pass
passwordstore.org/

biggest issue with pass for me is that it is written in bash
I'm thinking about rewriting it in rust

>take some weeaboo jewtube video
>paraphrase a phrase you rememebered from it
>HowIsMyLittleSisterSoImpawssiblyCuteAndWhyIsSheDrawingLewdArtForMe?
Good. Fucking. Luck.

Encryptr is just fine

lol

Dumb fuck actually believes that comic is not retardation like all of xkcd
lmao

keepass + nextcloud locally hosted to sync

Except it's free.

irl notepad

I just use this template
>*favorite character from the anime I last saw* + *the race is the character* + *characters birth date*
How bad is it? I think it's pretty secure