TFW you realize you've become too complacent with electronics and accidentally become aware of how fuck awful you are...

>TFW you realize you've become too complacent with electronics and accidentally become aware of how fuck awful you are at reading cursive.

So I forced my entire system to use cursive everywhere. I'm currently using "French Script MT" font. Are there any more horizontally compact/harder to read cursive fonts out there you can recommend for bruteforcing your cursive reading ability?

Other urls found in this thread:

suetterlinschrift.de/Englisch/Sutterlin.htm
fonts.google.com/specimen/Pinyon Script
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I saw no real application for cursive so I stopped using it.

Cursive just some flowery vestigal organ at this point.

I can read everything but the name below Quincy.
I only write in cursive. I'm obsolete.

I can read it fine as well, the issue isn't that I can't read, its that I'm reading at a second grade level, it takes me about five seconds per word that shit is not cool.

Honestly, I couldn't tell you any real application for you in a world this driven by electronics. But if you're talking about handwriting, it basically doubles your writing speed.

Back in the 80's when I learned cursive, they said it was still used mainly to prove you were human (i.e., not a robot/computer), such as for signing things. Sound familiar?

>But if you're talking about handwriting, it basically doubles your writing speed.
Huh, guess I'll give it another shot then.

fonts are not cursive

Instead of doing something so boring why don't you just learn to written in cursive?

You learn more from the notes you take
You will write faster
You will also achieve your objective of being able to read cursive

suetterlinschrift.de/Englisch/Sutterlin.htm

step it up senpai

But they can emulate cursive, and you knew that damn well, which makes me wonder why you posted what you did. To seem smart? Because right now you look like the biggest idiot in the thread so that couldn't have been it. To make yourself think you're smart? That couldn't have been the case since you just made it more obvious you're an idiot. So why then?

Because I know how to write cursive, that's why I specifically said I'm bad at reading it. Check the thread.

Cursive's only purpose was a method of writong faster.

With computers it's legitimately obsolete

There are lots of cursive hands out there.

Are you also unable of reading business writing? Because Spencerian was never meant to be about speed or ease of reading, it's all about ornamental stuff. If you can read Palmer then you can read 99% of the cursive text written in the last 50 years.

Damn nigga, why bother? Cursive is deprecated. I mean, I still write in cursive, but it's dead nigga.

>get to second grade, learn cursive
>teacher says "get good at it, because you won't be allowed to write in anything other than cursive going forward"
>get to third grade
>"NO CURSIVE, PLEASE PRINT"

Besides signing my name, I haven't written in cursive since.

For someone so versed in cursive writing you sure seem to have a problem comprehending BASIC FUCKING ENGLISH.

Because I'm not a nigger.

> learning obsolete skills

People used cursive in the centuries (CENTURIES!) past because it was a fast way of writing with precision. Now, we have touch typing, so quick note-taking and writing letters/reports/memos/etc doesn't require cursive.

The fact that you're not used to reading cursive is a testament to the fact that nobody is fucking writing it anymore, unless they're pants-on-head retarded, or just trying to be different for being differents' sake. What those people write isn't worth reading.

>learning obsolete skills
Is basic reading comprehension an obsolete skill? Because if its not, you should maybe learn it.

Why is it so hard for pseudointellectuals to actually comprehend what's being said? Do they intentionally ignore it for the sake of their tirades, or do they genuinely not understand the language being spoken?

I never said I need to learn anything you dimwitted cockbreathed starlord. I literally said I need to refresh it. I already know how to read and write cursive, I'm trying to increase my reading speed because I haven't read cursive for nearly a decade.

> calls another user pseudointellectual

> wants to learn to spend time and effort learning to read cursive by changing his system fonts to cursive

Wew, you sure are good at being self-aware.

I bet you own more fedoras than the average menswear store.

>I only write in cursive. I'm obsolete.
>write
>obsolete

I hate to admit it, but even I'm feeling that way anymore. And I don't think it's a good thing at all.

The last time i had to write cursive in a sentence was for that SAT thing they make you write. Otherwise i only use it for signing my name. I can still read, but what a garbage skill. Seriously.

fonts.google.com/specimen/Pinyon Script

I use cursive a lot, when writing. I find that it's easier than writing in print, plus, looks more attractive--not in the sense that my cursive is more elaborate and frilly, but rather that, in being able to articulate words quickly and as a singular, monolithic entity, things look more homogeneous, and I find my sentences manage to align at an angle closer to and more consistently near 90 degrees.

But, yeah, cursive is obsolete.

My kindergarten teacher used to tell me that cursive would help with note taking.
The cumulative speed of print v/ cursive is so negligible. So, yeah. Basically, fuck you, Mrs. Kadinsky.

When I take notes, I actually write in shorthand. I don't even know what type of shorthand it's known as, formally, since it's been so abstracted from the original formal style, that it's basically my own form, with perfect, Jungian adherence to the libidinal qualities I associate with each symbol/stroke.

Reading regular cursive is easy. That there is formal and defeats the purpose of cursive.

Writing in cursive is better for memory.

As an old fag, I'd just like to point out some of those letters are wrong.

Wow, didn't know we had Anons that were 133 or so years old.

This