My trusty laptop is past her prime, I bought her in 07, and it's time to upgrade

My trusty laptop is past her prime, I bought her in 07, and it's time to upgrade.
My budget is about 2k, what is a good lsptop to get?

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/GL502VS-Laptop-i7-7700HQ-NVIDIA-Windows/dp/B06X8ZWJB6/ref=sr_1_86?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1499235010&sr=1-86&keywords=asus laptop
thewirecutter.com/reviews/best-gaming-laptop/
www3.lenovo.com/us/en/laptops/thinkpad/thinkpad-t-series/T460s/p/22TP2TT460S
dell.com/en-us/shop/productdetails/inspiron-15-7567-laptop/fncwf512s
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

2017 Macbook Pro

amazon.com/GL502VS-Laptop-i7-7700HQ-NVIDIA-Windows/dp/B06X8ZWJB6/ref=sr_1_86?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1499235010&sr=1-86&keywords=asus laptop

this desu

He said good laptop, moron.

Thinkpad T420

swap out the processor with a quad core

(You)

dell inspiron 1706

dell xps 15 or a (2015) macbook pro

thinkpad P51

made in japan VAIO z flip

I are built as well as the 1705s?
Can't sadly..
>mac
>good laotop
Pick one anob.
This sounds like a beast.
>think pad
user...

>This sounds like a beast.
I'd be surprised if anyone could get a new laptop with those specs for that price.

>20 minute battery life
and its an asus

Whats wrong with Asus?
also I wont be carrying it around. It sits on my desk/bed/ counter.

If it only had a 17" screen.

>her

Take it to a computer shop and get the cpu and memory upgraded. You'll also need a ssd to speed things up. A new battery is in order. Since you have a on screen keyboard I imagine the keyboard is not working right. Get it replaced for a few bucks. All in I think you can get that laptop updated and refreshed for 2017 within $300 usd.

>Take it to a computer shop and get the cpu and memory upgraded
not OP or pc repair guy but i am almost certain that if you brought an old laptop to a guy and said, "i wanna upgrade the cpu" they would tell me that buying a new laptop makes more sense

everything is alrady maxed out. I put a bigger gx card in it and a SSD.
Shes lagging and crashing a lot not. and I can't game on it anymore. Its a 07 model user.

Yeah. It would be much wiser to upgrade it yourself. Wouldn't get an insane premium if they actually went through with it.

Dell gets a lot of shit but when you get something good it's GOOD.
My M17x R2 is still alive and kicking also after like 10 years.

If you're thinking of using it for just...everything. Gaming included-like, then I'd suggest looking for something from like Razer or ASUS ROG. There ain't much the 2000-dollar price range can't do for you right now that isn't a fairly good deal. Those sorts are "gamey" y'know, but they are also supposedly built really tough and I'd expect they would last a while.

I cant igure out why she running out of memory, she lags out and crashes, I keep getting low mem warnings and she takes a crap.
The mem is maxed and the I have a SSD.

I hear higher-end HP Omen build quality is quite good.

HP Omens come in 17 inch models and are slim enough to still pass as a laptop (not like those MSI monstrosities with fuck huge fans and 4-inch thick chassis).

>Legitimately considering MBP
>Not considering a thinkpad
Top fuckin kek

Well then find what's eating all the memory, did you try booting in safe mode or a diagnostic boot ?

>was looking at the new msi laptops
>remembered the post about the msi Dragon looking like a jew

Here's a good guide for you.

I don't know about their top pick (Acer Predator), but they tell you exactly why you shouldn't buy Razer Blade (hint: housefire).

thewirecutter.com/reviews/best-gaming-laptop/

Not sure how to do that..
t.total pleb..

its not made in japan

www3.lenovo.com/us/en/laptops/thinkpad/thinkpad-t-series/T460s/p/22TP2TT460S
Lenovo with a egpu

dell.com/en-us/shop/productdetails/inspiron-15-7567-laptop/fncwf512s

This with a better egpu

Macbook Pro. Don't settle for chinkshit.

>macbook pro
its made in china, get the vaio

Looks like he's upset. Thinking about that time 14 years ago when 10 cents fell out of his pocket.

Dell xps

It really sucks that Vaio cant be bought in Australia.

no need for upgrade
just install gentooo

order it from american amazon. username works on all of them except japan

ASUS ROG

>Not considering the p51
>consdering meme gaymen laptop
You retarded or something?

If you're usingnnit just to watch anime and shit post. Get a xps15