What controller do you use and recommend for PC gaming?

What controller do you use and recommend for PC gaming?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6Gzj0f9SrBs
youtube.com/watch?v=hRGaOp9sSQg
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

the keyboard

have OP's pic related
comfy af

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Keyboard and mouse

360 controller. cheap, and still the one of the greatest controllers ever made. get the xbone controller if you want something more modern with more features.

If you can afford this or find one on sale. Otherwise a normal xbox one controller

360 > xbone/Wii U pro > steam controller

Where does the ps4 controller fit into this?

I have a wheel and a pedal for Euro Cuck Simulator

Too much input lag for me on pc but I like the controller

Is the lag in USB connections as well, or just wireless through Bluetooth?

Use a left hand keypad plus mouse, the logitech g13 looks cool and is priced accordingly which is what I have but I'd recommend the nostromo or similar.

Sup Forums is a shitty place to ask this question nobody here thinks outside the box of sitting bent over a desk using a mouse and keyboard

this

Xbone elite is an unapologetic scam, the thing costs $10 to make. Sold for $150. Targeted to retards.

OP here, I'm no retard, I'm aware that a mouse is better in most cases. I want a controller for a few specific games (Dead Cells especially) and was asking for what is better.

I'm still leaning towards the PS4 controller.

>great controller
>with that d-pad
try again

Well yes, since this isn't the videogame board

>share button
Pure cancer

It's a problem with the lack of native support and how shitty every input mapper is. No interface will fix it.

If you go with the DS4 and plan to use Bluetooth you should check the model first. My newer DS4 has trouble staying connected to my dongle, but the old one doesn't. Not sure if it's more of an issue with the dongle or what, but still something to be aware of.

The older one works great, though.

Steam controller is ok, well worth it during the sale imo. I mostly use it for retropie through

You'd be stupid to get anything but an Xbox controller. Every game that has controller support does do with the assumption of using an Xbox controller. This goes double for any QTEs where it will automatically switch the onscreen prompts to Xbox buttons.

The one in your picture.

Xbone controller has a better d-pad than the 360 which makes it better. Your opinion is shit.

XBox if brainlet
Steam Controller if enlightened

>dpad
Useless. If you're playing fighting games do the right thing and buy a stick.

I just bricked my XBOX One controller trying to update firmware via Win 10. Its now locked in update DFU state, light is off and is recognized as controller updater. Great.

Can't go wrong with Xbox 360 or Xbox One controller. Pretty much every PC game released after 2006 supports it natively.

youtube.com/watch?v=6Gzj0f9SrBs
dont do it

Speaking of fighting games since Tekken 7 is the only reason I keep Windows installed right now, what is the best d-pad out there? Tried DS4 and did not like it's segmented buttons.
I'm not buying stick since I'm sure it would take too much time getting used to it.

ps3 controller is god

dpad is good for playing old games

this

why would you want to limit yourself by only using your thumbs for input with a controller

make a better keyboard layout so you can have fingers on all buttons all the time

i use wasd 4860
or use space but as far as i know tekken doesnt have 720 motions that need to be done in less than 6 frames

These. I'm not even shitting.
You can use them as a normal controller,
but you can also very quickly shift to the keyboard while they are still in your hand without wasting precious seconds.

I wish both Microshit and Sosorry adopted a dual controller format because this is the only good idea Nintendo ever had, the remote is the only one that needs to be reformated for better response.

youtube.com/watch?v=hRGaOp9sSQg

doesn't seem to be an issue to be honest.

Asymmetrical, useless as fuck dpad, god my ass.

Saturn best controller for 2d, xbox 360 for 3d.

the only one

I actually have those bitches

Isn't input latency a big issue, I haven't tried connecting it to PC for ages, are there new drivers or something?

360pad for more mainstream games because support and development made with it in mind is so ubiquitous.
I like the Steam controller for things that fall slightly outside of that because the 360controller is garbage for 2D platformers that rely on digital movement and doesn't have a Gyro, triggers I like or grip buttons. The lack of a D-Pad on the Steam controller isn't really that much of a problem outside of games that want you to input combos with a D-pad since the left touchpad has worked fine for the standard left/right digital movement.

The D-Pad on that layout is in the wrong position to be comfortably used for the only thing that warrants a good D-pad which is digital movement. It functions well enough for side-functions and occasional menu navigation. Having briefly held the xbone controller I like the feel of the 360 controller more.

Used a dual shock 2 for almost 7 years with a simple adapter. Eventually needed a ps4 controller just so I could try out PS Now on my PC (fucking Sony).

Honestly, the dual shock 4 isn't bad but nothing will ever top the dual shock 2 for overall comfiness for me.

Hm, haven't really thought about it. Tried the keyboard and my wrists got tired rather quickly. I'll experiment with some layouts then.

holy hell that thing is an abomination

>asymmetrical
what?

I use a ps4 controller with dead cells. Shit is max comfy. No noticeable delay through Bluetooth either. Get ds4windows and you'll be fine. My current profile for it let's me swap between wired and Bluetooth seamlessly.

Are there any good single handed controllers that can be used as mouse replacement for comfy web browsing?

From what I understand wiimotes are not viable mouse replacements due to accuracy and needing to point its camera at a light source. Sony has something similar, but it's also camera dependent, though more accurate from what I hear.

wireless mouse ?
steam controller could probably be also used with a single hand

Wireless mouse doesn't work, as it needs a surface. I'm talking about lounging on a sofa/chair covered in a blanket type scenario. There's no real good surface to work on in that setup, and it's awkward to try and use your leg.

While I agree with the fighting game thing, some games require use of the d pad. The number of times switching items in dark souls has caused my weapon and shield to switch because of that d pad is ridiculous

I bought a steam controller and steam link during last year's summer sale and they have treated me very well. I mostly play rocket league and the witcher 3 and the community control layouts are a great resource. I wouldn't recommend it for fighting games or d-pad heavy stuff though.

Maybe some kind of wireless trackpad? Could sit it on a couch or hold it in opposite hand

>not using your hueg benis as a surface for a mouse
desu blanket/sofa would work fine enough, would be the most accurate against anything else too
Check steam controller, IIRC the "touchy circles" are also clickable, so it shouldn't be too hard to use if one handed
OR a fucking touchscreen phone, why the fuck not, wouldn't need to spend a dime either

And I'm pretty sure it doesn't even have bluetooth so you'd need a cord for the pc

I'll try and look for something like that, though I've never come across a wireless track pad type thing. Phone isn't happening, I know it would annoy me.

ball mouse

There are several quality options.

Steam Controller - The Steam controller has some fantastic options that no other controller does because of its haptic touchpads and binding interface that can make even playing "not typically controller" games work on this controller. Its even on sale! It replicates Xbox-style XINPUT support so you're good for most controller titles. Only downside i t the right haptic pad/stick area is typically where buttons are on other controllers. Great drivers and UI with Steam, but using it for non-steam titles without steam running takes a little configuration first, but then your'e good.

Xbox controller - The staple XInput controller, Xbox controllers are good options for controller based titles. I highly suggest the XboxOne over Xbox 360 these days, though the former is still all right of course. For XBOne controllers, make sure you buy either the "new" version (ie w/Bluetooth support) of the standard XBOne, or the XboxOne ELITE controller which is fucking awesome, but expensive as hell -it even has 4 additional paddle triggers, swappable parts and customizable stuff, with higher metal build quality. Only downside is price really. That said, any Xbox One controller is wireless, so on PC you will need the official wireless dongle most likely, and if you want a rechargable battery, buy the play+charge kit too (otherwise it runs on AA's ). Well supported on windows as one would expect and even on Linux its backed up with good drivers (not from MS of course).

Playstation - If you prefer PS style controllers (ie both sticks in the middle) then get a PlaySation 4 controller. the PS4 version is the best with the most featueres. However, the one downside is you will need to pick a driver package like ds4tool or other unofficial (I say stick with FOSS!) for it to work and be detected as an XInput controller, use other features - sadly Sony didn't offer any official.

out of room... but NintendoSwitch Pro is good too!

Oh shit, forgot those exist
quads of knowledge

DualShock 4

what controller has best linux support?

The lag is literary 15ms, same as the XBone controller on PC.
Test it yourself.

InputMapper has nothing to do with it, it also fully supports the DS4. It's way more configurable than any native Xbox controller driver.

I like 360pad, it's perfect in hand. I tried ps3 pad and it's shit as fuck, the ps2 pad one is far better. Don't try xbone and ps4 pad yet though.

Keyboard

Also, we are talking wireless here, for both controllers. Not wired.

i'm using WASD + I (1), O (2), K (3), L (4)

Dualshock 4 is pretty good if you dig the symmetrical analogs and have no problem with the size. Love the Switch Pro though, give it a try if you can

Steam controller, it's ok, but lack of second analogue stick is annoying. (playing FFX and can't do some of the overdrives because it needs the right stick)

Buy a Stratus XL from Steelseries. Configurable in the PC and it works on Android.

my roommate just gave me an old launch day ps4 controller for a codeine. it's got a broken trigger and the sticks are peeling off but i ordered some replacement parts. i like the extra weight and it's much more comfortable to grip than the ds3, and it was shit simple to setup on PC since i already had the bluetooth and SCP toolkit installed. im just not sold on its battery life so far since it's a second hand product and i don't know how to check the battery level on PC. so far it was a good deal.

OP,

I have a 6m long USB cable, I don't mind wired. I learned to compensate.

Haven't personally used the Switch Pro Controller, but on research, it has latency issues (more than usual) and can't charge while using.

All reviews and opinions about the Steam Controller are mixed, the layout looks really strange, and I'm not a big fan of prolonged use of touchpads. I have no way of getting my hands on one without buying it, so no way of testing if I like it or not.

Yeah, I guess it's what I'm settling with. PS4 controller offers the most practical features, the touchpad will come in handy for for couch gaming. I do hate the 'SHARE' and 'OPTIONS' text, I'll be rubbing that off, or buying a skin or smth.

I use the DS4 because 1) I like the stick layout 2) I prefer the build quiality over the xbone controller and most crucially 2) I emulate a lot of old ps1 (and now ps2) games and muscle memory is a bitch.

I fine xbox controllers too clacky in general and while I dow na decent knock-off 3rd party 360 controller the analog stick deadzone makes fps games unplayable (I was raging hard at why I was sucking so much at timesplitters 2 until I plugged my dualshock 3 in an noticed the difference and the DS4 is even better than the DS3).

Also the fact that DS4windows has per-game profile support which is a handy thing.

I'm happy as I can be with my Logitech dualshock clone. It's wired but it's absolutely flawless

>It's wired but it's absolutely flawless
>no vibration

Why is vibration necessary? And do you know what wired means? No wireless latency. So like I said. Flawless.

I'd rather have wired with vibration, i have no qualms with it being wired. However, the F310 from logitech doesn't have vibration motors, the wireless version does however.

It's flawless besides the fact it doesn't have vibration. Which, if you're used to it, or playing a game that requires it, then you'd really like to have it.

to be fair there are games where vibration enhances the experience. i do like how detailed they got with it in gta5. the vibration intensifies with the heart rate monitor in the torture scene, letting you know you're going too far. i like having some feedback in fast-paced racing games too so i know when i'm grinding a wall as well as clipping walls, because both will make me lose speed.

i launched life is strange for the first time and the first thing that happens is a nearby lightning strike accompanied by the controller vibrating as hard as it fucking can. spooked the fuck out of me since i still had the controller sitting in my lap next to my balls. it wouldn't have been the same experience without the vibration.

This, playing anything pre-N64 with a joystick is painful

DS4 controller V2 (like the one in op's pick) There on sale right now still too, $40 for a black controller and almost all of the other colors are $45. i picked up a gold one.

Kb and mouse, if you're playing an emu or something couch compatible a steam controller.

I can confirm steam controller works for web browsing one handed. (I know you're planning on using it to jack off in bed user so no point hiding it)
Mouse on one of the touch pads, pressing down the TouchPad for middle mouse, trigger for left click, bumper for right click, paddle for Alt tab, and then if left, use the analog or If right, use the buttons for:
Up: on screen keyboard
Right or left, whichever is near center of controller: volume up with settings to make a hold up the volume rapidly
Down: volume down, ditto except for downing the volume rapidly
Whichever direction is facing the outside of the controller: whatever you want, I recommend copy + paste set on different numbers of presses, but it's situational for your needs
Also get glowsc if you're on windows 10, it lets you use the controller even in system menus where it usually will stop responding.
God speed user and happy fapping. I recommend getting some TouchPad protectors and a skin for it, really helps with mouse control and one handed grip.

>Saturn best controller for 2d

No kidding. To this day, its dpad is absolutely amazing.

Original PS1/2 controller with random chink shit USB adapter.

These two are literally undestroyable.

>with random chink shit USB adapter.
I got one of those, they really make PSP emulation a god sent.

>useless as fuck dpad
still miles ahead of the abortion the Xbox d-pad is

>Asymmetrical
obviously, your hands are also

A gamestop replica of the x360 controller with usb is the best

Flawless ximput, no tatency, no battery to be recharged, light responsive buttons and cheap

Is my personal favourite for ergonomics and design

For sure x-box controller.. I personally like the way the controller feels, (I prefer the feel of the one controller) but the 360 controllers can be had for cheap, and the dongle for around 10-15 bucks on ebay, and you can hook multiple wireless controllers to the same pc with 1 dongle.

Plus as other anons have said, most pc games are preset to use an xbox controller.

the mouse.
>Great controll
>matches better with reflex
>no neede for auto-aim, very precise

KBM for most things

Steam Controller for when I'm feeling like a fat neckbeard

PS4 because its automatically recognized by my macs. Have to use outdated drivers for 360 or bone

360 controller feels extremely dated and cheap and has shitty triggers

Get xbone/ps4

>no analog sticks
wot

He must be a tomb raider fan.

I have a special hatred for that controller. The button placement is the most ridiculous thing I've ever seen on a controller. It's literally fighting against the biology of human thumbs.

>tfw ps3 controlller can't work on LTSB

Why waste so much real estate on the logo?

Wouldn't be bad if they removed it.

What would be a good controller for retro console emulation?

Like NES, SNES, Gameboy, and etc.

Wireless would be more comfortable, but as long as the cable is long it doesn't really matter.

The DUKE! Fucking GOAT

>Wouldn't be bad if they removed it.
Nah, the buttons are rounded so after a while of pressing they start to feel like they're digging in. Terrible design across the board. The only saving grace is 6 buttons, but the top 2 are awkward.

I bought a $10 generic PS2 controller knockoff and niggerfitted it with d-pad, buttons, and analogs (both sticks and potentiometers) I salvaged from a broken PS2 controller. Works flawlessly.

>using Windows 10
do you hate yourself?