Does vim still have advantages over GUI text editors in 2017?

does vim still have advantages over GUI text editors in 2017?

No emacs is better.

What?
Vim is better than emacs.

Emacs + vim bindings master race.

Vi Vi Vi = 666
EDITOR OF THE BEAST

none

Vim is kind of a DIY editor. Most GUI editors like Sublime or Visual Studio are like buying/installing something which is preconfigured for you already, which is a good thing if you're too lazy or stupid to do it yourself, but a bad thing if you want to customize anything it doesn't let you.
TL;DR, Vim is like the linux of text editors, and GUI editors are like macOS and Windows.

how do i emacs if im a atheist?

And you are like retarded

I find it much easier to use, more intuitive, and kinder to my workflow once configured properly. It doesn't take long to pickup at all.

there is nothing vim can do that emacs cant do. there is a lot emacs can do but vim cant do.

your opinion is objectively false.

no I'm smart and what I said was smart, you're just hutt burt for some reason and need to rub some bengay on your asshole

no \ah fuck you

there's nothing emacs cant do that you cant write a plugin for vim to do

macros

In the church of Emacs we don't have gods.

Spacemacs is the best editor

The emacs OS is pretty nice but the text editor could use some work

it's a great text editor. the bindings are still quicker and easier for me. It's not an IDE though. You can rig up a jank one with it but it's one thing that does one thing well--a text editor that edits text.

this

How about opening a 17TB text file in .000000002 seconds?

vim being the gnu/linux of text editors is a dumb statement.
Gnu/linux is not about rebuilding everything from scratch, it is about free software.
If you think a gui interferes with this, you are dumb.
Good defaults is not removing freedoms, it makes free software more accessible.

Vim works well over ssh and that is about the only reason to use it these days.
I am a lot more efficient in a graphical editor, mostly because the interface is more efficient and faster than vim.

N A N O
A
N
O

What is Hadoop/Mesos for $500

It's really quick if you know what you're doing. But comparing anything GUI to a terminal application is stupid. That's like asking what the Commadore64 has that a brand new Windows10 machine can't do you nob.

In my experience people who prefer nano usually don't know how to use vi.