Anyone heard of this brand before? Opinions?

Anyone heard of this brand before? Opinions?
Thanks Sup Forums

Other urls found in this thread:

eteknix.com/chieftec-135-aps-600sb-series-600w-power-supply-review/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

May as well just put an unexploded grenade in your pc case.

dubs dont lie.

eteknix.com/chieftec-135-aps-600sb-series-600w-power-supply-review/

looks ok
maybe don't stick RAIDs onto it

Better not.

>Chieftec
>Chieptec
>Cheaptec

No.
The PSU is one place you DON'T want to cheap out. The PSU is THE most likely component in any build to fail, and they typically don't go out alone. It's generally a "If I'm going down, I'm taking you all with me" type of product. You want something from a name brand rated for 80+ Bronze or better. Highly recommended brands include Seasonic and EVGA.

Instead of googling for the specific brand on the box, look for the company that makes the PSU itself as 99% of all PSUs on the market are rebrands.

Generally speaking, anything Antec/Super Flower/SeaSonic is great and won't let you down

Is Delta Electronics any good?

Chieftec are usually a decent budget brand. They don't make their own units though, so it depends on the specific OEM.

They're one of the very best OEMs, if not THE best.

Lesser know brands are fine as long as it's not a generic ching chong 1000W PSU for $30 with no efficiency rating. I have a Tagan PSU that everyone said to stay away from yet 10 years later it still works fine will 5 years of everyday use.

this

Yes. Apparently they're quite terrible.

>save 20 bux on psu
>fry rest of the computer

CLEARLY worth the risk

Look up who the OEM is, don't fall for the brand meme.

Unless it overcharges a PSU will do nothing since motherboards today are filled with security checks for power management.

frying the computer will be least of his worries. using power hungry components with chink PSU's could literally start a housefire.

Chinese house-fire; don't buy unless you are trying to pull an insurance scam.

i used a chieftec a-135 650w for two years until either it or my motherboard (99% sure it was motherboard) died (wouldn't POST etc) i got a b350 and r7 and corsair rm750x i'm happy now, i knew it was a risk but at least it didn't explode on me during the time i had to use it

i got a "storm silent 500w" when i built my first pc and after 4 months there was a loud pop and pc wouldn't turn on

psu was kill but everything else survived unharmed, still enough to confirm that you never want to go for a cheap option

buying CHINKTEC to save $20 and lose $1000 when it dies and kills all your expensive shit.

>EVGA
Rebranded Super Flower units and the GQ are nice
Most of their other PSU are shit, overpriced, or both

Tagan?
I still have a 900W PipeRock which I used for years in my PC and now runs in my freenas system.

Supernova G2 units are pretty damn good.