I already know some C and Python, should I sepnd this summer learning Java or C++? Thanks senpais

I already know some C and Python, should I sepnd this summer learning Java or C++? Thanks senpais
Yours,
summerfag

If you want to develop video games, go for C++
If you actually want to be useful, go with Java

If you want to get into something serious go for Java. It teaches you to write production quality code.
You want to make meme computer Gamz then C# in windows only, it's shit outside.
You want to get into data science then study Pypethon more.

Go away Pajeets

Learn both. Both languages are very useful and only knowing more languages makes you more employable as a programmer.

nice meme

Learn Java before learning C++.
Java will teach you OOP better than C++ will but C++ is more useful.

>production quality

pajeet stop baiting
>muh enterprise code.
hahahahahah

>knows some
>learning different languages instead of mastering one

Sign that you're a pretentious idiot who has no substantial or worthwhile knowledge. All you can do is write a stolen fizzbuzz in few languages.
Pathetic. Bikeshed more, retard.

nice projecting, sperglord

Learn Java to learn why POO is bad.

Then learn Rust if you want to learn a modern systems language. Alternatively, pick up an enterprise functional language like F#, OCaml or Scala to learn the way OOP should have been done.

>"mastering" a language rather than learning all paradigms

Holy fucking curry with poo, Pajeet.

Google "1 year of experience 10 times". That's you.

>shilling rust
Rust is worse than Ada and has no use case that C++ can't already do. Rust has no future.

>Implying Pajeets can write Java.
No, they actually can't. You will get same quality Ruby or Python code from Rajeetlands.

Pretty much this. I would learn a bit C and then move to Java and then maybe learn a bit C++. Java is for writing enterprise (tm) applications (tm) that you can get paid really well, C++ is for writing muh gaymes (neet tier language) and C is for playing around with embedded stuff.

>Rust is worse than Ada

Absolutely, except syntax, tooling, ecosystem, language features and predominant paradigm, Ada is totally better.

>no use case that C++ can't already do

Except for that whole memory leaks thing, undefined behavior, enormous legacy constructs you shouldn't use to the point people have to recommend language subsets, and favoring POO over functional constructs.

meanwhile real work is getting done in C++ right now.

Yes it is. As well as on C, Python, PHP, Ruby, Go, Fortran, Haskell, OCaml and... Rust.

We're talking about productivity and memory safety. Your point?

>but C++ is more useful
b/s

it's ridiculously overcomplicated for no good reason, also huge and yet lacking

both of those examples give you an example of how retarded both java and C++ are.

In the first example, a minimal program consists of defining a class (!!!) then defining a method in that class and then calling a print function that is three levels deep in an OOP hierarchy or package hierarchy or whatever the fuck that abomination is because java shoves its shit down your throat whether is a good solution to your problem or not

in the c++ example you are introduced, within the first actual line of non-boilerplate code, to c++ i/o streams, which take the simple concept of file i/o and make it complicated in absurd ways for no apparent reason

any one of those languages is better choice than java or c++ (including C and Python, but you already know those) to learn:

rust, go, D, scheme, lisp, haskell, assembly, lua (luajit as implementation)

>C++ is for writing games
where did you get this meme from

I wonder what language CRYTEK, Unreal Engine, Unity are written in... you know, the engines that power most of the games on the market.

And Source.