Nvidia cucking vm users

New Nvidia drivers render their gpus useless if they detect they are being ran through to a VM

AHAHAHAHAHAHA

Looks like Microsoft doesn't want you to run windows 10 in a VM....

Source: youtu.be/aLeWg11ZBn0 at min 13

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/filename/ wheresmymic.gif /
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Welp, guess it's time to grow up and stop playing video games.

>GPU Passthrough for Virtualization with Ryzen: Now Working
nothing about nvidia

DELET THIS AMDRONE

watch the video again

t. didn't watch the portion I specifically pointed out

The phase of concluding observations comes after observing phenomena and the material in focus, and not before it, you underage monkey.

Stupid VM fags. Just dual boot

This isn't new. Nvidia has been doing this for a while, it's pretty fucking annoying.

>X doesn't work
>"Lol why do you need X?"
Fucking kill yourself.

A VM is way more convenient as you don't have to reboot and you can use things like synergy to easily switch between the windows and Linux desktop.

>Just give windows 10 bare metal access to your hardware
>Play into Microsoft's plan to force you to use your computer how they want you to use it

0.02 cents has been deposited to your account, Rajesh

Nvidia has been doing this forever newfag

Buy our quadros if you want to do GPU passthrough goys

Nvidia willingly complies, AMD doesn't. If it's only an opt-in why is nvidia giving their ass to microsoft then?

bootlicker

>goyworks
>goysync
>goythrough

The way you're meant to be played (tm).

>Nvidia willingly complies, AMD doesn't. If it's only an opt-in why is nvidia giving their ass to microsoft then?

Ya Nvidia willingly complies to give their ass to Microsoft
If you think what your wrote is in anyway a rebuttal to what I said you need to go get your brain checked immediately

This has been the case for ages. However, you can confuse the driver into working if you pass a bogus argument as the hypervisor vendor id.

Unfortunately it would be trivial for NVidia to patch that over night, so if you want to have a PCI-passthrough enriched VM which isn't going to give you grief with a driver update, you should probably get a Radeon or a Quadro instead of a GeForce.

AMD aren't exactly perfect, it's only recently that their cards have been able to reset after use in a VM without the host rebooting. Also, if you want to use OVMF, only the RX400 series have a working UEFI vBIOS. Though to AMD's credit they did put out a vBIOS patch you can flash to fix that on Fury cards.

As usual it's a choice between AMD incompetence and NVidia unscrupulousness.

>Letting a manufacturor decide how to use your computer

Ok

>Just shut down your your system to play Vidya
Nah.

Gj. You can play CLI snake with it.

Side note: wish ryzen has an integrated GPU for the host os so I don't need to have two GPUs plugged in.

The upcoming APUs only have 4 cores.

>New Nvidia drivers render their gpus useless if they detect they are being ran through to a VM
And also in the video Wendell says you can make it so that the drivers don't "notice" they're on a VM.

>Looks like Microsoft doesn't want you to run windows 10 in a VM....
This has nothing to do with Microsoft.

tl;dr It's fucking nothing except Nvidia being fucktards which we already knew.

Sr-iov bitch

>And also in the video Wendell says you can make it so that the drivers don't "notice" they're on a VM.
How do you do that though.

>playing videogames
and stay there

>Drivers block gpu working in VM
>B-but if you use the correct virtualization software and configs you can trick the system on the VM into thinking it's not a vm
>So it's not fair to say the drivers blocked the gpu!!

Nice damage control.
Making the VM think it's not a vm can also have performance penalties

>Lulnox

LEL HOW ABOUT YOU GO FUCK YOURSELF YOU EDGY CONTRARIAN.

>lel code 43 werks for me. xD
1.7 Woodscrews housefires porkshoulders Fuck off Huang.

>Graphics cards are only used for video games

Thanks for letting me know you don't do anything productive on your computer

>New Nvidia drivers render their gpus useless if they detect they are being ran through to a VM
But it doesn't you retarded sperg, pic related.

fuck off poojet

archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/filename/ wheresmymic.gif /

kill yourself retard

That guy sure loves a single meme from years ago

what
>New Nvidia drivers
they've been doing this for a long time on consumer grade gpus.
They want you to buy their quadros if you want to do pcie pass through because generally only businesses do that and doing the extra QC for the consumer parts costs money
AMD on the other hand just kinda lets you go for it because they have nothing to lose.

>I'm a retard who can't read a thread.
>I'm a retard who doesn't know why.

those people are already running windows

Ancient news. Just use --no-kvm in qemu and it's all good. The fact is M$ themselves hardcore require VMs for their shit, including their GPU servers. They will always have provisions for this.

if you're such a smarty pants then you tell me why
and dont just say because nvidia is jews. give me a real reason

>fat amd shill detected

>I still can't read a thread
>Please hold my hand like the retard i am

I know why, and I already partially explained it
I deal with virtualization every single day because it's what I do.
and no I'm not want to deal with 90% of Sup Forumss autistic posting saying "delete this" or "___ fanboys btfo"

Calm down nigger, go play a game or something and put all those useless hardware to some use

>I know why, and I already partially explained it
No you don't, see >b-b-but you can only use a quadro

stay btfo retard

Code 43 is what allows him to afford those leather jackets

Because Quadro drivers work so instead of using a 1o80 for solid works you need a Quadro p5000 if you want to use VM

>New
It's been a thing for a while now, it's not new.

No thats not it you retard

lel Poovidia following in intel's stupidity, AMD wins AGAIN

>poovidia
nice projecting

There's no reason to use a VM for normal people, at all

>people on Sup Forums are normies

>video games are the only reason to run a windows virtual machine
you're a CS undergrad I take it? Keep at it lad, I know those pointers can be tricky

>all the NoVidya defense force ITT

>cannot solve a system of differential equations
>wears shoes he bought at the mall
>unable to read sheet music
>drives a car with an automatic transmission
>cannot run a mile in under seven (7) minutes
yeah, I would say so

>stop enjoying things and being happy

Wew there, depressed much?

Please upgrade your nividia card to Quadro for full unlocked capabilities, thank you

AMD is no better

>please pay $4k for a 20% performance downgrade for the sake of using a VM
nvidia is so retarded holy shit.

nvidia and intel are becoming apple now? usb key for unlocking VM passthrough when?

[Citation needed]

>implying nvidiots know any better

With how fast systems boot with an SSD these days I see no reason not to do this. Just buy an extra SSD for windows or use an AMD GPU

Yea but it's not that convienent in practice, you'd know this you ever actually dual booted

>fashion
>music
>automobiles
>athletics
what exactly does this have to do with technology?

This YouTuber has no idea what he's talking about. Their drivers have always done this, and you've always been able to get around it by setting the KVM to hidden (3 lines in libvirt XML).

Nvidia can suck a cock for CUDA and G-Sync, but this is nothing new or even noteworthy.

If you are doing serious work you are running Windows natively, GPU passthrough is only for people who want to play Le Vidya

>An entire life time and owns a company dealing with tech counsolting
>Contributes to actual projects and wiki
>Knows nothing

Go back to your desktop threads. If you watched 10 more seconds he covered that too

>setting the KVM to hidden
Doesn't this cause other unwanted side effects?

You're actually right. I watched more and didn't see him claim this was new behavior. I guess OP is the real faggot in this case.

I've never noticed any. It doesn't stop you from using virtio or anything like that.

There is a one line workaround in QEMU currently to circumvent error 43 for Nvidia to enable hyperV.

Microsoft are cocks but it has little to do with them, mostly Nvidia themselves hampering hyper-v on GTX cards so that people using such features (not gamers) buy the more expensive quadros instead.

Close all my shit just to run a single windows program I need.

Ok.

this is literally why I dropped green. yes I Sup Forums and the GTX 480 was the last card that could be softmodded into a quadro without soldering.

I don't care about the games nearly as much as I care about a fucking company trying to punk customers by suddenly declaring this an "enterprise" feature. It's exactly the same as intel saying RAID is an "enterprise" feature and paywalling functionality that physically exists. Fuck those practices and I say that with my wallet.

OPTS="$OPTS -cpu host,kvm=off,hv_spinlocks=0x1fff,hv_relaxed,hv_time,hv_vendor_id=Nvidia43FIX"
If you use a startup script with QEMU

Yes

Every single person that thinks that every single videogame is childish should die in a fire in the most suffering way possible, incluiding (You).
For some people, playing videogames is no different than listening to music or watching a movie, there's videogames out there with actual stories to tell. Not everything is your hollow shooter or racing game.

OLD NEWS

-cpu host,kvm=off,hv_time,hv_relaxed,hv_vapic,hv_spinlocks=0x1fff,hv_vendor_id=nvidiabloxx

No as long as hyperv extensions are still on.

manufacturer

>27 days
You are like a little baby

more like 28,
is he grown up now?

btw; probably only hibernates because restarting takes to long..

Or just play whatever Linux offers. There are tons of great games on it.

What is there to be worried about, it's not like applications can detect they're running in a hyper visor. And virtualbox type VMs will cut your performance so they're no good anyway.

Still a shitty move. Fuck nvidia.

Is the gpu pass-through stuff doable on haswell, or do I need to upgrade?

Only on locked processors, not on unloccked "K" CPU's.

What's the required feature? Vt-d?

I have 4790 non-k so should be fine?

Yes

How do you make audio work, generally? A separate sound card?

>windows 10
Found your problem schmuck.

HDMI/DisplayPort audio is the easiest way. Sound cards and USB DAC's should work as well. I've never got sound passthrough/emulation through PulseAudio to work properly on Windows 10, it's always distorted.

Enough with the shilling, AMDpoors.

Why can't we just go back to making fun of AMD house fires?

How is nvidia and intel fucking up so bad?

SO TIRED OF YOU AMD SHILLS

Kids watching that video as a guide are too stupid to make a fucking bash script, they need their gooey

Just go watch some Chinese Cartoons and relax, bro.

Literal fucking tears. Can't stop laughing at you haters.

Mad you can't justify team green now that you see actual facts?

*tips fedora*

This. Sup Forums says video games are for children while ricing their desktops with anime lolis.

I don't think Team Green has to be "justified" considering their products have been straight up better for at least two years.