/guts/

Its another guts thread

For that user who asked for my stress test temps, this is 6 minutes in

Interesting drive selection.
thicc
rave/10

Nice. I did a build in that case once, took me a while because I hadn't used that case before (and haven't since), but it has potential.

And my own pc.
>i5 4590, 8gb ram
>2x 250gb ssd raid 0 for OS and gaems
>1x 120gb ssd (my old one) for documents & pics
>1x 3tb hdd for music & downloads
>GTX 1070

>Interesting drive selection.

It *was* a work in progress. I was going to sell the 850 pro and buy a 1tb 960 Pro and be done with it, but .... Well I can come up with excuses but I got impatient.

Those Greens are going to betray you. Watch them closely.

Hell, I bet if you ran a long DST on them, either one or both would return read failure right now.

Ayy I have the same case OP good choice

X5660 coming any day now, hoping for a stable 4.5ghz + 2150mhz ram. We'll see tho, high ram on x58 is usually tricky.

The 950pro, isnt that just a 850pro in m2 form? I mean not really better performing like 960 versions..

Clean setup tho. What fans in the cpu cooler?

1000w bro :3 Yours seems more expensive tho..

As said, keep a close eye on the greens.. How old are they? Mine did 5 years without a hickup, then on the 6th year one shat itself completely. I got most out of the others, but fuck green.

What's the most sketchy thing you've done in your computer? Like zip-tying a hardware cage somewhere and that kind of stuff

I used seagate drives once.

Regretted it bad.

>le seagate bad maymay
They are literally fine and last for like 5 years, by that time you'll get a new hard drive anyway
Used command strips to mount fans where hard drive bay used to be. Worked incredibly well actually, still sketchy tho

i think the only bad seagate drives i've ever seen are the greens and the three terabyte ones but that was also two years ago
i've been using a barracuda since 2009 and the only issue i have with it is it's loud

>32nm

I have 5 seagate drives, three 3TB, one 1.5TB, and a 1TB. The 1TB is like 8 years old at this point. The rest are 3-4 years old. All still working great.

W-Well they'll fail soon

amd phenom ii x4 810 brought back to life

>all working great

Yeah fucking right. I bet if you ran long DSTs on them, half would be failing, if not all.

You're a fucking idiot.

Lets see it hot shot

show powered on hours and long DST passes.

I want you to prove your shit drives aren't failing.

> I bet if you ran long DSTs on them

Who cares? They've held my data without any corruption since I've had them. That's what I expect out of a drive and they've delivered.

I'm actually curious about this, so I'll humour you. Will post results.

Real men let their GPU sag naturally.

kek, this long DST shit takes like 6 hours. Fuck that. What is failing to you? Data is still there, some of it from the time I got the drive. No corruption, no strange behavior. Drive is fine.

drives with read failure are physically damaged and failing.

But feel free to keep all your data on it, until the day it stops fucking reading because you're a moron.

>hurr durr i dont understand it worked yesterday

So? All my most important data is backed up across multiple drives, as well as a few cloud services. If a drive fails tomorrow, I don't care. What I care about is that I get at least 5 or 6 years of good use out of it.

No need to samefag

>The 950pro, isnt that just a 850pro in m2 form? I mean not really better performing like 960 versions..
no. its full nvme, pci-express. 1.5gb writes, 2.5gb reads. not as fast as the newer 960 pro, but light years ahead of any regular ol' ssd.

user you've got some serious explaining to do

>tfw no manlet cases
;-; sadface.jpg

man... so much needs to be done to this to save it.

Actually its almost done.

I dropped my plans for getting another 8gb stick as the prices for ram are just ridiculous now. I'm using a friends 12gb 2400mhz set, gonna buy it from him. Its enough for me now anyway.
I'll have to see how close to 2400 I can get it when the x5660 gets here, guessing 2000 is the top end I'll get stable.

The Agility 3 also finally gave a smart warning, so retired it. Was thinkin about a 960 evo, but I won't bother with it. Maybe when I try ryzen again next gen. I reinstalled on the 850 pro, so only 250gb pro and 500gb evo in there now.

I'll add some color to the water also next time I open it up. Taking a new picture then.

Thats about it :)

Love the Corsair 400C, that latch door is so great. Just upgraded to a 1080 today.

case name/model?

Not the cleanest, but nice specs. Cheap and OC'd enough to get the job done for most games. What settings do you play on? Med-High?