What's the most secure linux distro in terms of privacy ?Tails ?

What's the most secure linux distro in terms of privacy ?Tails ?

gentoo

INSTALL IT

depends on your definition of secure and your use case

>your definition of secure
make it as difficult as possible for someone to spy on me
>use case
everyday stuff nothing special
checking mails watching videos etc

use a standard build like debian.
shit like ubuntu is not so mainstream that there are millions of people out there fuzzing the shit out of it just for fun or bug bounties. dont install anything that is mainstream on distrowatch.com

it might be a pain to do, but get something standard, Debian or Arch and build on top of it.
you can also use a ARM machine, most of the Metasploit DB and 95% of the well known skid shit on Exploit-DB or OpenSC is on x86 x64. Yes the ARM community is growing, but it will never quite get there right up with intel or AMD because of it's presentation to the general consumer market.

so use it user.
ARM is a hackers nightmare when it comes to intrusion, malware, reverse engineering ect.
now, network monitoring is different..

Where can I find ARM machines?

*Now

I recommend Bing

alpinelinux

>everyday stuff nothing special
Tails is not what you are looking for.
Try openbsd.

The most secure distro is none at all.

Alpine

Puppy linux.

anywhere online.

I recommend amazon since it's easier and you are pretty much guaranteed a return if you don't really like it or just want to try something different, I own 3 Raspberry Pi machines, 2 Gen 2 Pi's and a Gen 3 I just got last year.

but honestly, I think UDROID C2 running UbuntuMATE or Arch is the perfect stealth machine. It's perfect for low power use, so it can be left on pretty much all the time (I've left mine on for 5 weeks and it ran like a champ; no issues)
it's abit more expensive, but you can run faster applications since it has more on board mem, it call also run your go-to browsers like FireFox with Tor add-on for better security.

I host Tor sites with it and also browse with it bro, I know I sound like a saleman but trust me ARM is amazing. I'm on my C2 right now.

also if you live in a super hot country like I do, (belize) you can buy a heat sink case for it and never worry about it overheating.

all you need is a TV, oh and it supports HUGE displays.

trust me, if security is what you want, or general ability to hide your PC from others and on the net as well (get a VPN) get ARM bro. ARM is where it's at.

Interesting
Will do

Suicide linux

the thing is with Alpine and really any other "security" distro; is that there is a general false consensus that because you are using linux, and your using a "security" linux oriented distro, that must mean your completely safe. this cant be any further from the truth. Linux gets hacked all the time. People constantly fuzz it at places like Pwn2Own and show that it is not this whole grail of computer security that most people think it is. Stuff like kali linux is great for ATTACKING remote boxes or local boxes. But if another person knows your there, they can also become a threat.

this was show at DEFCON 2016.

Alpine is solid, but it's only with regular updates that it can continue to be solid, once it falls back on versions, it can be exploited just as easily as something like win7 can be.

Linux for home use = Kubunutu
Linux for servers = Debian Server End
Linux for Hacking = Kali 64bit
Linux for Stealth = Tails

>openbsd
>everyday stuff
WRONG

He is not wrong you stupid fanboy.

BSD is more "secure" because its rarely not known outside of embedded systems. your not really going to find shit for BSD that a normal user can use for everyday use. its almost like saying Gentoo is cool. I think he was just trolling.

debian netinst

Any fully free distro.

Parrot OS

Just think of a work-in-progress Kali with nice devs and community.