Why robotics haven't gone mainstream yet?

Why robotics haven't gone mainstream yet?
I see most of robotics are hobbyist. Robots have been existence since I guess 3 decades.
Is world government trying to secretly hide the importance of robots by not acknowledging in mainstream media but inside their building they are pushing for more and more research and development?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Ateh7hnEnik
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>I see most of robotics are hobbyist.
Because robots that earn you money are one of the dullest machines you can imagine.
A goddamn lathe is more exciting to use

Absolutely

Why the fuck does it matter if robots go mainstream? Hell what does it even mean for something to go mainstream? Hell I can probably go down to walmart pick up a robot vacuum, robot helicopters, and toys that are arguably robots.

Now if you're wondering why you don't have robot arms in your home, what the heck would you do with such things? Robots are currently not smart enough to do most of the things we'd like them to do in the home. They aren't very good at recognizing what things are or picking up and moving things around.

Because it would be huge profit for private company thats why

OP is not talking about consumerism but rather he is talking about mainstream commercialization.
>t.communist subhuman scum

And that's different from consumerism how?

We are talking about bipedal robots with capabilities to perform day to day tasks like washing clothes or preparing food. Not the a flying meme gizmos.

Pajeetbot will be far sexier

it's still probably cheaper to get chinks / poos / mexicans for you labor needs
and everyone knows a large fraction of the market will all be fuckbots

Then why the fuck didn't you or OP say so? I already gave a reason for why we don't have robots in our homes doing such things. Robots today are not smart enough to do those tasks. Second, why the hell do you need two feet to wash clothes or prepare food? What you really need for those tasks are two arms on some sort of mobile platform

>>Why robotics haven't gone mainstream yet?
>actuators
The actuators are either too strong and slow or else fast and fragile. They are also too heavy.
>power
Batteries don't store enough power, are too heavy, and die too quickly, lasting only a few years.
>ai
Most importantly the AI is too primitive to be both useful and safe.

>why the hell do you need two feet to wash clothes or prepare food?
youtube.com/watch?v=Ateh7hnEnik

That's a fucking dumb reason.

If you can't understand the utility of a humanoid robot then you have not given it thought.

So why do you have to have two feet?

>why the hell do you need two feet to wash clothes or prepare food?
It's so you can get a footjob while they're doing your chores

Well in order to do that, you'd need more than in order for the robot to be able to do chores at the same time.

Pic related.

>Why robotics haven't gone mainstream yet?
...?

your grammar makes me ill