God forbid any of you fucks would admit to using Windows 10 at all, but do any brave enough to admit it also use

God forbid any of you fucks would admit to using Windows 10 at all, but do any brave enough to admit it also use
>pic related?

If so, for what? Is it anything better than a meme?

Can you repeat that in English?

I fully admit to using W10 because I enjoying having access to stable software and drivers.
I also fully admit to using WSL.

Works pretty much the same as a net install without an X server. Any video or audio you need to run through it will just error out, but emacs, ssh, gcc, all the built-in utilities and etc are all there and work exactly like if I was on a full linux system.

WSL is pretty okay, I compile stuff on it sometimes.

Fuck off pajeet holy shit

>Not installing an X server and using WSL to run X programs as well.

Summer is in full swing I see.

Fellow adnan here, what OS will get me white girl?

macOS

So in short, fuck all that I can't do on W10 anyway?

Thanks for the rundown Sup Forums.

Never had the need to do that, so go fuck yourself.

I assume Bash = BASH.
I went the other way and got Powershell running on Linux. It's hilarious and in a lot of ways better than BASH.

not joking - PS > BASH

OOP BASH when?

I use it for gcc and git and haven't had any problems

>maybe try learning some fucking enunciation first

>PowerShell > Bash
I work with it all day and have done some really useful scripting, but holy fuck no powershell is a horrifyingly bad language compared to bash

>If so, for what? Is it anything better than a meme?
to ssh into a server because it is 2017 and windows STILL requires a third party app to do this

daily reminder windows literally had to steal functioning software and graft it into their abhorrent nightmare OS to give it some semblance of coherence, modernity, and functionality

Isn't Canonical technically a third party in this arrangement anyway?

I'm not yet convinced of any worthwhile function conferred by WSL. Nor that this is a graft of any sort. It's no more integrated into Windows than Movie Maker is.

No zhs
>dropped

i use it for my job. i use ltsb at home since it's the only remotely stable branch of win 10, but only when i need to. basically just for games.

I may actually switch back to 7 for home use.

It is indeed. Now go home newboi.

Why would anyone need to do this? You all have Linux servers that you can just ssh into that have far more RAM and CPU power than your desktops, right?

No? Why are you on Sup Forums? This isn't /consumertechnology/.

>setting up home server
>Deciding cifs or nfs
>See native nfs support for windows only in pro or enterprise versions
>Ahh well surely I can just use bash support to mount network drives
>Forums flooded with "why doesn't bash on windows support nfs" "why is mount broken?"
>Only responses are bash incorporation isn't finished
>Mfw they want you to just upgrade versions