4c/8t is the BARE MINIMUM for everyday computer use today

>4c/8t is the BARE MINIMUM for everyday computer use today
How does it feel being a corelet?

> 64t is the minimum next week

>having less than 6 cores in current year
how are you even on this website?

> B-but muh fewer cores

My fucking phone has 4 cores

Unless you do protein folding situation or >games 95% of the time your CPU won't be bottlenecking you.

SSD > enough RAM > CPU

>tfw only 2 cores
>tfw gentoo compiles forever

My phone has 12 cores
I wish I was kidding

Celeron here, feels nothing since I got it for free and just werks™ for everything I want.

My current CPU is 4 cores. My upgraded system is 4 cores, 4 threads.
I don't need more, so it's good enough for my use. Glad to see AMD pushing for more cores again. Hopefully any developers will start utilising more cores now.

>TFW i'm using 2c 4t just fine here on my Pentium G4560. honestly, I think the bare minimum is either 2c4t or 4c4t. basically as long as you've four threads that's the minimum to get by and do most things today. sad, I had to retire my 3.8 gigahertz Pentium D.

who are you quoting?

2c4t is only enough for normie tier activity.

b-but muh 700 frames in CSGO!

*compiles gentoo*

Intel has 18 cores 36 threads

The only corelets are you, AYYMDPOORFAGS

>Intel has 18 cores 36 threads
YES. THE FIRE RISES!

lol.

Reminder that 7551p is only $2k.
Yes you can have 32goarz 8 memory channels 128lanes werkstation CPU for 2k burgers.

ebyn :--------DDDDDDD

Can a 7601 beat any E7 Xeon?

>i7 3770k

not a corelet here :^)

It's not intended to.
And Intel's 8180 (which is *only* 28/56, 6 channells and 44 lanes) is $12k.

>It's not intended to.
Aren't those workstation CPUs?

>Aren't those workstation CPUs?
Yes. But.
E7 are 8S monstrocities. Not workstation CPUs in any sense of the word.

Care to explain? I know shit about workstations

>tfw using a modern dual core that you can easily overclock to 5Ghz
>running windows xp to minimize cpu load
>not having to care about whether your software is optimized for using multiple cores or it being some single-threaded abomination put together by pajeets
>clocking it back during summer for almost no heat output

You niggers don't know this level of comfy.

Workstation CPUs are desktop CPUs. It's a meme marketing tactic to make businesses pay more for largely the same features found in the gaymer-oriented CPUs.
Just look at the differences between Ryzen and Ryzen Pro. They jack the price up by a few dozen dollars and call it a "Pro".

Ryzen Pro supports management features and SEV/SME.
So you're wrong.
You're also paying for support.

>everyday computer use
What the fuck are you using your computer for on a daily basis?

It's literally the same die as the standard Ryzen. Why did AMD artificially segment their product lines by disabling features that are already on the silicon?

>he doesn't compile gentoo 24/7
Same on you.

b-but desktop processors dont have vt-d

Because then they would have to provide support for those features. Providing management feature support for consumers would be a waste of money while businesses are willing to pay for it.

You can reduce background tasks in services in every version of Windows, including XP.

As a 2c/4t corelet...

Feels bad man.

2c/2t
fuck off

>2c4t is only enough for normie tier
>watches anime
>browses chan
>iz a fagg
>only enough for normie tier
kys noob

>Sup Forums whines about games
>Sup Forums whines about streaming
>Sup Forums whines about Youtube
>Sup Forums whines about "bloated" operating systems
What the fuck do you retards even use your multicore hardware for? Most people on Sup Forums could get away with a fucking Pentium 4 and Windows XP. People constantly shitpost and have flamewars about AMD vs. Intel and cores vs. clockspeed, but why does any of this even matter to you? The most performance-intensive tasks I see on Sup Forums are compiling Gentoo and transcoding anime.

compressing massive butthurt like this :^)

>I don't know shit about technology: the post

Are you 10?

Sup Forums is amd poojet outlet which deals with shitty software by throwing moar coars at it

Windows xp is dead, no modern browser supports it. Do yourself a favor and switch to GNU/Linux.

Congrats on shitting up three seperate threads. Also your post makes no sense as everyone knows the proper way to deal with shitty software is to use HIGH CLOCKSPEEDS INTELS to brute force the garbage poorly optimized code. In conclusion, kill yourself you useless pile of raw human fecal matter.

Guys I have a question.
Modern consoles have 8 cores right.
So why gaymes can't multithread for shit?

You optimize for the hardware. PCs are still mostly 4 cores.

and they'd stay that way for the next 5 years if it wasn't for AMD bringing 8 cores to the masses.

>3770 and 3770s in a htpc

Ivybro

>Had a i5 7600k / 1070 for two months.
>Sold the entire PC because of reasons.
>Build a new one with a i3 7320 / 1050 ti.
>Literally the fucking same, single-thread performance is still the thing that matters the most for practical use in 2017.

>I don't use all the resources of my PC, therefore it's useless!

Nice turboautism, user. Also, i5-7600K has 15% faster single core than i3-7320 after accounting for OC. So basically, you lost single core AND multicore AND didn't notice any difference. What do you do with your PC every day, officelady shit? You'd have been fine with a garbage G4560. You wasted your money on an i3, lol.