What do you think about Bitbucket? It's a good alternative to GitHub?

What do you think about Bitbucket? It's a good alternative to GitHub?

i use it only for private repos

Don't see the point. If you need some web UI thing, host your own with gitbucket or gitlab.

What's wrong with GitHub?

It's good. I use it. Mainly so I can claim that I'm a special butterfly but it's fine. Their free tier offer is better if I remember correctly. More private repos.

they started doing the shitty lgbt quotas thing and everyone knows every corporate who does that dies horribly shortly after since they start discriminating you for things other than your actual ability to do a job.

Also, Bitbucket is great, I've been using it for a serious work project lately and it's availability of free private repos plus all of the tools aimed at professionals make it a lot better than github.

Used it in programming classes in high school. Good alternative to git especially for beginners.

Shit interface, pretty good otherwise. Just as cucked as github though. Since everyone's on github and not bitbucket, there's no point in using it.

t. literal inbred

Gitlab is better.

Bitbucket is git, did you mean GitHub?

>oops we deleted the production database lol

t. literally paid shill

Go look up why git even exists, newfag.

>production datebase
>sole backup hosted offsite
No, nothing was lost besides issue trackers, etc.

Have you tried being smarter than a garden-variety rock?

1/10 but did you look up the history of git yet, newfriend?

Linus tech tips made it to manage Linux programming codes

gitgud.io
No forced rainbow bullshit like bit bucket

Just use GitHub til it burns, and then jump to the new hotness.
Repeat ad infinitum.

Keep local backups of your important shit, obviously.

>Keep local backups of your important shit, obviously.
Kinda hard not to with git.

I started using GitLab after GitHub went total SJW. They do free private repos too. I push to GitLab daily, outside of their fucking implosion months back, they've been solid.

github has free private repos now

I mean don't just push to fucking GitHub and expect it to last forever.

A local copy is not necessarily a backup either. Get some long term physical storage.

> Upgrade my account
> In order to make this repository private, you’ll need to upgrade your account.
> This will cost $7/month and you'll get unlimited private repositories. You can cancel anytime.

I thought you got 10 free private repos? I've been making private repos for months now and I haven't paid for shit

Seems alright, UI is nice. I still end up using GitHub though purely because everybody else uses it.

There's a 10 free repos plan for students but that's it.

this

oh apparently I'm added to an organization that's paying for them. disregard me I suck cocks.