/guts/

Lets get it going.

Gtx 1080 arrived from a friend today, gonna do some folding for him in return. Just need to figure out how to cool the vrms when its in the waterloop, they're cooled by the bigass heatpipe thing now. Its a "strix gaming" from asus and its fuck huge, not sure if it'll even fit in there.
I do NOT want it air cooled in there, that side has next to no circulation.

To the user from the last thread: >Not the cleanest, but nice specs. Cheap and OC'd enough to get the job done for most games. What settings do you play on? Med-High?

The settings are limited by the gpu, 1060 6gb manages high for my 2560x1080 monitor in most games, ultra in the older ones. I'm guessing the 1080 will give me ultra in pretty much anything.
Doubt there's a game out there for years in the future that'll be bottlenecked "unplayable" by the cpu even on stock, and definitely not overclocked. It performs as a stock i7 5820k when it runs around 4.3ghz.

Other urls found in this thread:

rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?91766-Crosshair-VI-Hero-new-UEFI-build-1001
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Nice rig, is that the 15cm Noctua cooler?

Specs and overclock?

btw, you should make the pics stack vertically, its a pain in the ass to open it in a new tab to look at it.

I like Noctua.

Cooler Master Scout 2 right?

Just Pieced this together a few days ago

optplex 990 with i5-2500 8gb stock $75
Antec 620w Semi Modular $35
120gb Samsung 840 $40
was going to throw in a 470 but dem miners bought out my city so I picked up a 1050ti for 150

Im really surprised by it, previously I had an 8320e @ 4.4ghz/rx 470 and this smashes it at everything. Didnt realize how much the 8320 was bottlenecking the 4703

Also just using a 40" 1080p tv for now til my living situation gets squared away but over all I solf my8320 righ with monitor for 550 and paid like $300 for this one.

Scout 2 Advanced. Just comes with 2 more fans than the normal one. Inside temps were hotter than a motherfucker until I went all out on revamping the cooling. I can't imagine how bad the regular scout is. Overall it's a decent case though. Came with a Newegg DIY bundle a few years ago.

I had the original version i liked it the handle was fantastic but the cable management was non existent.

Holy sheepshit that card is sagging, you need some sort of support for the corner of it, that flex tubing is pulling on it from the looks of it. You don't wanna rip your PCI-E socket off your motherboard.

Actually it's not sagging, its bending from how tight I tighthend the gpu block and the lack of back plate.

Like I said in the post tho, I have a 1080 I'm gonna replace it with.

As for ripping the pcie slot, unless you have a really big card with a heavy cooler and drop the case or ship it somewhere, it's not gonna happen.

Do those Light Emitting Diodes make it play games faster?
Need to know. Finished all my chores for the week and mom is taking me to the computer store tomorrow.

Real men let their GPU sag.

This is why no one likes you.

Lmao gave me a good laugh
Hate LED fags

Completed my build officially today when cablemods and gpu brace came in.

>Windows
You fucked up

Kek, how much exactly did you spend on the gpu brace and cables?

That looks like the 1080 I just got tho, whats the rest of your hw?

gpu brace was only $10 off amazon and i got the cablemods used from amazon for only $20. So $30 on much needed accessories. KEK

3200 vengeance
1080ti oc
250gb 960 evo/2tb 7200 barracuda
115i/rm750x

>using the heat from gpu, vrms, NB to then run over the cpu
smart

>using your extra chromosome to decrypt waterloops

reservoir -> pump -> cpu -> mb fullcover -> gpu -> radiator

That pc is still going nice ahah.
>ssd covers
Kinda neat.
Is a 1080 even worth the upgrade from a 1070.
Pretty slick looking man

This is my favourite.

>Is a 1080 even worth the upgrade from a 1070.

considering that there are 1080 models cheaper than 1070's, it's worth choosing the 1080 over the 1070, but i don't know about upgrading. you'd be lucky to see a 20% increase in performance.

What you got running in there? Any overclock? (dat cooler lol)

Haven't seen many am3 matx boards, looks comfy.

Single channel ram tho, if you get a better cpu cooler and another stick of ram, you could get a decent performance boost.

>ctrl-f "copper"
>0 results

how the fuck

Explain pic related ffs god dman it what ehu8fdksadDUFKLCVSIWHATDUDFUCK

Its to shield the soundcard from Nvidia coilwhine™

It has plastic spacers in between to keep from shorting it out.
In this case it probably whouldn't be as bad, but I used to have a dtx/matx setup with the soundcard right next to the gpu and it was horrible coilwhine in the headphones everytime I loaded the gpu. (((It's a feature)))

Haha alot of people mention the CPU cooler lol, it's a FX 6300 so it hits like 40° under load even on that stock cooler lol.
GPU isn't overclocked (msi r9 290x) I guess I could OC it now, not sure if it's worth it though.
Only reason I put a cooler on there was because it was hitting 85-90° and it was making me nervous, doesn't go above 50° now.
Ram is my next thing.

vote 49 faggots and I'm out of here

muh guts

LMAO
are you for real?

1. the coil whine has nothing to do with system noise
2. the hissing or cracking in your sound card comes from noise on the pci bus (on your motherboard)

You're bottlenecked by the FX.

Got new cables today, finally got to manage them decently, including on the back. Will be putting a Zotac 1080Ti in here on Monday/Tuesdayyyy

Needs an NF-F12 in the back/10
Good taste in cpu coolers tho

Real nice, but i can't help but get such a cliché from the Corsair CLCs

That's real neat, user. I did the same thing as you up until today with the pci-e connectors though, a couple tips if you care: space out the combs a little more, and have them come from the bottom. It makes clean runs with them a lot easier because muh gravity.

>inverted sag

You know, it's funny how much less of a m e m e gaymen laptops have become over the past couple years, come the desktop graphics cards and proper cooling designs and screens. It's really interesting to see how manufacturers tackle cooling differently with similar hardware.

>people still buy AIOs

>same case as me
>same mobo as me
>same cooler as me

My nigga

What RAM and CPU you running and what are the clocked to? I managed to get my 1700x to 3.925 and memory to 3440 CL14

Haha, looks like we're somewhat close there, too. Got an 1800X running at 3.9 (1.375v). High voltage since stability is required for video production here and at work.

For RAM, i've got a couple FlareX sticks at 3200, 14-14-14-34 at stock voltage.

Good shit :--D

I run 1.395v on the CPU, as for my RAM its the ripjaws v black 3600 cl16 kit, i could never get it to run 3600, no matter the timings. But, its whatever. Getting very fast reads, writes and copies on this current setup.

You updated to 1403 yet? It's got Agesa 1.0.0.6 on it.

Yes sir, first thing i did was get the 1401 before overclocking, currently using the 1403.

Works great so far.

rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?91766-Crosshair-VI-Hero-new-UEFI-build-1001

> (You)
>>inverted sag

Yeah man! It's all about that anti sag, if sag damages it, then surely the opposite way has a positive effect!

I know what you mean.

The funny thing is, this laptop ended up performing better then the desktop we had before (with a previous generation gpu so its understandable).

Temps on both the gpu and cpu are also very nice, 74 and 71 after doing stress testing for an hour. No thermal throttling whatsoever.

I think mainly because the cpu is already de-lidded and the 1070 dumps less heat then the desktop version of the 970 did (while still performing ~42% better in this particular case, very impressive).

Mh, progression in computer hardware has been the same on the desktop side of things for a while, with the occasional shake-up from AMD, but seeing laptops really starting to be worth it, with the same componentry as desktops is real innovation, especially when taking into account all the different possibilties of laptop designs, cooling solutions and compromises these manufacturers have to make along the way.